PDA

View Full Version : RPK or Tabuk Cleaning rods

rxdealer71
09-24-2009, 7:42 PM
Anyone know where to get an extended length cleaning rod for a tabuk style AK. There was a guy on Gunco.net named "hotbarrel" making them last year but can't seem to reach him by PM.

Thanks for the info!

Rx

69Mach1
09-24-2009, 7:53 PM
The standard cleaning rod that comes with all of the Saiga models will work just fine.

rxdealer71
09-25-2009, 4:54 PM
Im actually looking to make the rod fit from the front site and through most of the lower hand guard. The old SKS cleaning rods were about 21" and the standard AK is about 16 or 18". I'll check some other Saiga parts places to see. Thanks for the tip Mach!

69Mach1
09-25-2009, 5:17 PM
If I remember correctly, the standard cleaning rods that come with all of the Saiga's are 23 inches long. They are easier and cheaper to find than the RPK rods.

marxdspot
09-26-2009, 2:39 AM
Try contacting hotbarrel (Brad) on gunco.net. He'll make you any cleaning rod for $23 shipped...well, I haven't bought any from him recently, but I don't think his price has changed much. He does an excellent job and he's got machines and tools to do so. He's made a couple of my cleaning rods, including my Tabuk, and they've all turned out great! GL.

69Mach1
09-26-2009, 7:54 AM
Try contacting hotbarrel (Brad) on gunco.net. He'll make you any cleaning rod for $23 shipped...well, I haven't bought any from him recently, but I don't think his price has changed much. He does an excellent job and he's got machines and tools to do so. He's made a couple of my cleaning rods, including my Tabuk, and they've all turned out great! GL.

Can he make a two piece, screw together, AIMR cleaning rod? Once the fake can is pinned on, it's going to be hard to remove the rod. :cool:

marxdspot
09-27-2009, 5:53 AM
Can he make a two piece, screw together, AIMR cleaning rod? Once the fake can is pinned on, it's going to be hard to remove the rod. :cool:

I haven't had him make something like that, so I'm not sure.