PDA

View Full Version : J D Machine

JD Machine
09-24-2009, 5:06 PM
This is to let all our fellow CalGunners know; here is J D Machine Tech's contact info.

Phone: 619-298-8800
Fax: 619-298-8300
E-mail: jdmachineguns@sbcglobal.net
Web site: www.jdmachinetech.com

The web site is still under construction, look for more photos and information soon. We are making our .308 billet lowers and uppers as fast as we can.

Call and ask for Rob

shark92651
09-24-2009, 5:09 PM
Good to see you posting with the new name and website!

gun toting monkeyboy
09-24-2009, 5:22 PM
Cool! Now I won't have to worry if I forget my camera next week. :p

technique
09-24-2009, 5:26 PM
Far less confusing now....thanks.

that guy
09-24-2009, 5:34 PM
The top pic on the web-page linked above is the 308. You are just getting a tease there, but I told you it was cool...

CHS
09-24-2009, 7:07 PM
I fondled JD Machine .308 rifle #1 (literally, SN 1) the other day.

I have to say, they are NICE.

Good looking, solid, NO FRILLS, billet .308 lowers.

And most people seem to like the new logo over the old "factory" one. I couldn't care less, the lowers are of the utmost quality either way.

RecceGroup
09-24-2009, 8:12 PM
Rob,

Thanks for the hook up! The .308 shot great. The real-deals loved it. We had at least 12 long guns out, and when the JD .308 emerged from it's gun bag, all the frog snipers were immediately drawn in. When we asked them what they wanted to shoot, they all pointed to the JD. It shot as good as it looked.

Thanks again!

SJgunguy24
09-24-2009, 8:16 PM
Ok guy's.......what did I miss???:confused:

Somebody have 308 AR's?

Rukus
09-24-2009, 8:29 PM
JD has some .308 lowers in the works. I picked up some AR lowers from Rob on wednesday and as of then he couldn't tell me prices on anything...

TKM
09-24-2009, 9:00 PM
Any chance of getting matching serial numbers to go with our Calguns ARs?

Justintoxicated
09-24-2009, 9:07 PM
how much are the 308's going to go for?

xibunkrlilkidsx
09-24-2009, 9:13 PM
so who changed their name. im lost. kasier defense now Jd? thought i read that somehwer on here just need to make sure.

Justintoxicated
09-24-2009, 9:18 PM
so who changed their name. im lost. kasier defense now Jd? thought i read that somehwer on here just need to make sure.

Yes, the company split. The ones made in SD, at the same plant as the old KD's is now JD machine. The other part of the company that split, is now Kaiser Works and they are being made in Arizona.

I'm very interested in the billet 308 lowers, just hope the price isn't going to hurt to bad.

xibunkrlilkidsx
09-24-2009, 9:21 PM
Yes, the company split. The ones made in SD, at the same plant as the old KD's is now JD machine. The other part of the company that split, is now Kaiser Works and they are being made in Arizona.

I'm very interested in the billet 308 lowers, just hope the price isn't going to hurt to bad.

Ah gotcha.

and i tinhk the lowers were going for like 350 or something. still to rich for my blood, ill stick with an AR15. JD you guys going to have a booth at del mar next weekend? would like an Ar15 lower, wanted one last time but walked by your booth twice didnt see you and spent money on ammo. DOH!

xbolt338
09-24-2009, 9:22 PM
Awesome JD machine. Can't wait to come tour your shop and support our local business!!!

tomd1584
09-24-2009, 9:29 PM
I'm excited. Next time i go down to SD i'd like to stop by! sign me up for a .308 lower too

slick_711
09-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Awesome, glad to see everything is official and [hopefully] well explained at this point. I'd hate to see a good bunch of guys building guns here in San Diego lose any business just because the company underwent some growing pains and the name/logo changed.

Look forward to building up a JD .308. It'll be one for the pic threads too, I'm already scouting top notch parts and accessories.

You guys still have a few Calguns lowers left I hope? I hadn't had a chance to pick one up yet! I'm sure some other Calgunners are still needing to get one as well.

CHS
09-25-2009, 9:34 AM
I took a picture of the new JD Machine lower:

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/bdsmchs/JD-Lower.jpg

gun toting monkeyboy
09-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I am looking forward to the AR 15 uppers as well. I wouldn't mind grabbing a few of those to go with the extra lowers I hoarded over the past few months. I think they said that those would be ready to go even before the .308 uppers and lowers.

-Mb

unbrooken007
10-03-2009, 4:57 PM
Just saw them at SD gun show. Their .308 lower was around 350 don't quote me though. Picked up a kaiser defense lower for 90 cant beat the price them may still have them tomorrow and they have their regular JD lowers for 130.

AlphaShootingSports
10-06-2009, 2:44 PM
Stand up bunch of guys, a pleasure to do business with & awesome products.

John from Long Beach

L4D
10-06-2009, 10:29 PM
i overheard they had about 100+ left over to push out the door. this was on Sunday at about noon at the Del mar booth.

bcj128
10-18-2009, 7:45 PM
These guys are an outstanding company to deal with.

Also, a big thank you to them who help support us in CA with their lowers and our CA Bullet Button.

SoCalRandy
10-18-2009, 8:28 PM
Who's got the Calguns.net lowers with the bear and star on them? Is that JD? I need to get one ASAP.

Yes, they have them. My buddy just went down there last week to pick one out...

JCal49
10-20-2009, 9:56 AM
Are they still shipping the bear and state lower to our local vendors? Or do we have to purchase direct from J D?

CHS
10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Are they still shipping the bear and state lower to our local vendors? Or do we have to purchase direct from J D?

They're still shipping to local vendors, if local vendors are ordering.

California is a huge state, what's "local" to you?

Riflegear down south has them in stock.

JCal49
10-20-2009, 10:30 AM
You're right shouldve been more specific. Im in NorCal. Im guessing my best bet would be J&R Sports.

RAMCHARGER
10-22-2009, 5:19 PM
OK who in Orange County stocks these 308 lowers?
I want one.
What LPK do they use? What about magazines?

djerikd
10-22-2009, 6:24 PM
When I went down there last Saturday, they were finishing up the first full batch and then they next had to go to anodizing. The matched upper really looks and fits nicely. I'm expecting mine in the next week or two.

tenpercentfirearms
10-23-2009, 7:09 AM
I have a customer who thinks his KD KR5 might be out of spec. Are you still warrantying those?

JD Machine
10-26-2009, 9:50 AM
Hi everyone,

Yes, warranties are still valid. If you have any questions call me at
619-298-8800.
Thanks,
Rob

ParaLarry
11-01-2009, 8:21 PM
I'd like to repeat Ramchargers' questions:
(About JD Machine .308 Lowers)

What LPK do they use?

What about magazines?

CHS
11-01-2009, 8:24 PM
What LPK do they use?

DPMS.

Or a standard LPK with the addition of the DPMS bolt catch set-screw and DPMS pivot and takedown pins.

What about magazines?

DPMS.

chino
11-29-2009, 8:22 AM
Needed to pipe in.
Yesterday at the OC Gunshow i had the pleasure of meeting the guys from JD Machine.
I tested my BS meter by asking the differences between the M4 and a std upper and and if I could/should use an M4 upper with a non M4 barrel. They were honest to the point I ended up purchasing an upper (non M4).
The upper was assembled last night. Threads were sharp and well defined (no truncation).
No machine marks, all the holes were clean with no burrs. The finish was dark and even. The fit with my Mega lower was tight and the anodizing closely match each other.
I'll find out next week how well it performs, as of today I am not disappointed.

gun toting monkeyboy
11-29-2009, 12:01 PM
I have one of their uppers due back from Bison Armory this week, built into a 6.8 SPC. We'll see how it turns out. The guy doing the build there said that it had no problem feeding the 6.8, even without the M4 feed ramps. Hopefuly it shoots as well as it looks.

hamster
12-27-2009, 9:57 PM
Whats the going rate on these lowers? I saw them for $99 at Discount Gun Mart today.

1SOCALGUNNER
12-27-2009, 11:42 PM
My buddy just showed me his matching upper and lower in .308, and his 2 m4 lowers he got from JD on saturuday. Man they beautiful. The anodizing is perfect, the upper to lower match is awesome, its a really nice product. I like how the crosshairs are on half the upper, and half on the lower... Im saving up for some matching JD .308 lowers :D....

hamster
12-28-2009, 10:30 AM
It looked to be a nice lower, although I liked the finish when they were KD. Now it's more of a flat black.

BigJoe
12-28-2009, 10:55 AM
he was awesome to deal with i just got these from them, the 7.62 lowers and uppers are AWESOME quality!!
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j300/hardcharger_photos/PC260104.jpg

1SOCALGUNNER
12-29-2009, 9:27 PM
he was awesome to deal with i just got these from them, the 7.62 lowers and uppers are AWESOME quality!!
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j300/hardcharger_photos/PC260104.jpg

^^^ yeah those were it.... whats up dude... Hows the family?

slick_711
01-01-2010, 10:46 PM
It looked to be a nice lower, although I liked the finish when they were KD. Now it's more of a flat black.

They're using the same anodizer, and I'm pretty sure he didn't change anything. AR lowers do vary quite a bit in "sheen" depending on whether or not they've been wiped down with oil or a silicon cloth. Normally a quick rub of CLP will take any flat black or dull looking lower and turn it satin black.

ENTHUSIAST
01-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Bump for Rob and Jesse over at JD Machine nice to see such AWESOME products being made right here in California.

Keep them coming guys.

n2k
03-10-2010, 4:15 PM
Anyone have Robs direct email. Please PM; I really need to email him some info. Thanks

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3111119&postcount=1

n2k
03-10-2010, 4:27 PM
They supposedly check that all the time.

Call him, I just talked to him a little bit ago.

MotherGunner
03-10-2010, 8:13 PM

They're still shipping to local vendors, if local vendors are ordering.

California is a huge state, what's "local" to you?

Riflegear down south has them in stock.

Did you mean riflegear.com? I went on there and didn't see any calgun.net lowers. Unless I am looking in the wrong spot or there is a retail store?

slick_711
03-10-2010, 8:36 PM
Did you mean riflegear.com? I went on there and didn't see any calgun.net lowers. Unless I am looking in the wrong spot or there is a retail store?

They do have a storefront as well as the site. They're probably out of stock now though, the post you are quoting was a while ago.

CHS
03-11-2010, 10:55 AM

The Calguns lowers are looooong gone :)

Silencer
03-11-2010, 11:09 AM
The Calguns lowers are looooong gone :)

Why can't he just make more? I'd buy one. I'm looking to making a .308 AR.

Bhobbs
03-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Man those .308 receivers are awesome. I need to get an upper and lower set.

shark92651
03-11-2010, 11:37 AM

http://jdmachinetech.com/

Ask them :)

CHS
03-11-2010, 12:03 PM

Because the first batch was a failure, probably.

The first batch was done and $20 was to go to the calguns foundation for each lower sold. Because of this, the lowers were a little pricy at $179, but they were unique and supported a good cause.

So once they hit the market, all the people that came onto calguns and said that they would buy one, didn't buy one. A few sold here and there, but then KD was left with literally hundreds in inventory that no one wanted.

Fast-forward a few months and KD disolves and becomes JD, now they've got all this old inventory that they just want to get rid of, so they blow them out for $99 just to get rid of them. Of course, at that price EVERYONE wants one, so they sell out in a matter of just a couple weeks.

So now the only thing that people remember is that they were $99, and even though they were available for months and months on end, now that they are gone everyone wants one because of that $99 price.

You all could have had one 6 months ago if you had wanted one. They were widely available with low serial numbers. But people were selfish and didn't want to pay $179 and support the calguns foundation at the same time.

Frankly, I don't think JD SHOULD make any more.

I will add that I am PROUD to have purchased a low serial number Calguns lower at full price though.

contrarius
03-11-2010, 12:05 PM

Yeah, I think another run of Calguns lowers is a good idea. Mark 'em up a little, and people would still buy.

CHS
03-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Mark 'em up a little, and people would still buy.

No they won't. That's EXACTLY what happened in the first place. They didn't move until JD needed to get rid of them and marked them all down to $99.

Everyone SAYS they'll pay more, but when it comes time to put your money where your mouth is, suddenly it's crickets.

DDRH
03-11-2010, 12:58 PM
I put my $ where my mouf is :p

Mine's in the 4xx, coulda gotten an earlier one, but chose to reserve my SN. Be nice to have another calguns lower, but then again, I like how I'm one of the few who got low # SN :)

R the flaking anodized issues resolved yet? Wouldn't mine getting some new logo jd lowers.

Dirtbiker
03-11-2010, 1:01 PM
No they won't. That's EXACTLY what happened in the first place. They didn't move until JD needed to get rid of them and marked them all down to $99.

Everyone SAYS they'll pay more, but when it comes time to put your money where your mouth is, suddenly it's crickets.

Yep, talk and buyers are cheap on the interwebs.

MotherGunner
03-11-2010, 1:04 PM
It's all good, I emailed them and asked if they do custom rollmarks and/or selector markings.

Hopefully I will get a reply.

I am also okay just getting a regular one if that doesn't pan out. I really want to support CA-Based companies.

Silencer
03-11-2010, 1:18 PM
It's all good, I emailed them and asked if they do custom rollmarks and/or selector markings.

Hopefully I will get a reply.

I am also okay just getting a regular one if that doesn't pan out. I really want to support CA-Based companies.

I want to as well. That's why I want to go with JD. I'd like the state of California on it and that's why I liked the Calguns.net lowers. Oh, and supporting CG.net is cool, too. :p

I'm sorry the previous lowers didn't go so well. That sounded just horrible.

gun toting monkeyboy
03-11-2010, 4:33 PM
I know they have done some custom roll marks. Their new one that has the Border Patrol logo on it looks sweet. Every time I go in there lately, there are Border Patrol agents all over the place waiting in line with their paperwork. If I hadn't just gotten another lower from them, I would seriously consider getting one myself. I know they have done some other logos and roll marks as well. And for the record, I paid full price for my Bear marked Calguns lower. It is currently durabaked desert tan and on my featureless build. One of my favorite toys.

-Mb

MotherGunner
03-12-2010, 9:43 AM
That sounds very nice. Got a pic GTM?

LasVegasTaxMan
03-12-2010, 10:54 AM
I know they have done some custom roll marks. Their new one that has the Border Patrol logo on it looks sweet. Every time I go in there lately, there are Border Patrol agents all over the place waiting in line with their paperwork. If I hadn't just gotten another lower from them, I would seriously consider getting one myself. I know they have done some other logos and roll marks as well. And for the record, I paid full price for my Bear marked Calguns lower. It is currently durabaked desert tan and on my featureless build. One of my favorite toys.

-Mb

Yeah how about some pics....sounds like a nice piece.

gun toting monkeyboy
03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Of mine or the BP receiver?

MotherGunner
03-12-2010, 4:39 PM
How about both?

gun toting monkeyboy
03-12-2010, 8:24 PM
I don't have the BP one. I'll see what I can do about the other one.

buochie
04-19-2010, 4:05 PM
nice work!

Corbin Dallas
04-19-2010, 8:47 PM
Fast-forward a few months and KD disolves and becomes JD, now they've got all this old inventory that they just want to get rid of, so they blow them out for $99 just to get rid of them. Of course, at that price EVERYONE wants one, so they sell out in a matter of just a couple weeks.

For the record, KD did not become JD, Jesse has ALWAYS made the KD lowers up until Jesse and Greg "parted ways" (to be politically correct).

Just want to make sure you all know the real deal.

MotherGunner
04-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Also talked to Eric @ JD Machine. It seems their email is now

jdmachine@sbcglobal.net Not jdmachineguns@sbcglobal.net. He mentions the "guns" address is an older address.

MotherGunner
04-26-2010, 2:31 PM
EDIT: Thumbs up to Rob @ JD for an easy shopping experience.

shark92651
04-26-2010, 2:42 PM
How much are you willing to spend for the two custom engraved lowers? Considering you are talking about only two lowers it probably is very low on their priority right now to even take the time to come up with an estimate.

Have you considered just buying standard lowers and having someone laser engrave them for you?

MotherGunner
04-26-2010, 2:50 PM
Hi Shark, where would I be able to get blank standard lowers like that? And if you can point me in the right direction, I am all for it. I was looking for a custom rollmark and "SEMI" as a selector marking.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

EDIT: Puchase made at JD with desired markings, all good!