PDA

View Full Version : JAE 100 G2 Barrel Tensioner

ekholz
09-24-2009, 3:48 PM
Hello,

I am a new member here and hoping someone can help me. After looking at a few threads concerning the JAE 100 G2 for the M1A, I was curious if anyone who owns one could tell me just how far up the barrel tensioner should be able to rise. I notice that on the inside of the stock there are channels that would theoretically allow it to go up about half an inch, is this possible? I have no intention of moving it that high, but when I move mine, I cant even notice a difference in rise. Basically, is mine stuck and I'm just going to have to turn it harder? Or is the screw that sticks out a bit supposed to be what causes the tension?

If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

I tried calling JAE but for whatever reason their number is disconnected...?

X-NewYawker
09-24-2009, 5:44 PM
What number? I just called there and got the machine.
714-692-3523

X-NewYawker
09-24-2009, 5:53 PM
I have the barrel tensioner -- you shouldn't need that much travel. You just shoot a few groups, then adjust the tension screw, and shoot a few more groups and see if they are getting tighter or wider. Continue until you have the tightest group and then tighten the set screw, you are trying to affect the barrels harmonics -- and this will take a few boxes of ammo.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/IMG_1374.jpg

ekholz
09-24-2009, 6:38 PM
Thank you very much for the quick reply!

I am not quite sure what exactly to do. I have a picture of mine here.

http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55/desnifter/100_1435.jpg

Is the screw from arrow A supposed to be what puts the tension on the barrel, or is it the rounded shelf that arrow B is pointing to?

Also, the green arrow is the channel I was talking about, should it theoretically be able to move to the maximum height of that channel? Currently, the barrel tensioner doesn't seem to move at all, should I be able to see it moving? My concern is that its just stuck and I should torque it until I can see it move.

And finally, should I wait until I get some optics to tension the barrel, currently I'm running iron sights. Also, I realized the number I used was from a listing giving the wrong last digit.

Thank you again for the help

X-NewYawker
09-24-2009, 11:16 PM
The "shelf" at B engages the barrel band and the tensioner pulls down on it. The Screw does not contact the barrel.