PDA

View Full Version : Armalite AR10: should I ditch it?

13204u
09-24-2009, 3:13 PM
Well I am just going to get a general opinion from you guys. I ordered an AR10 upper and two stage trigger from Armalite in early February. Needless to say when I actually decided to contact Armalite this week to see what I was looking at for a wait time some 7 months later all they could tell me is keep waiting. I have everything minus those two components to complete the rifle as I have had more than enough time to get the components. Well I am getting itchy, and starting to grow very impatient at this point. I am thinking about canceling my order, which I am hoping there is not some sort of restocking fee, but since they never took my credit info I am pretty sure that wouldn't be the case. Then just sell my lower receiver, magazines, stock, and just about every accessory I have for it and buying something else. What wait, if any, did you have to wait to actually get an upper? Also I am probably going to take a loss on some of the stuff like the receiver however I would much rather have a shooter sooner rather then another year from now. Any suggestions?

technique
09-24-2009, 3:19 PM
Drop your order and get it here in stock...

http://www.762sass.com/store.php?cid=1&session=50d4ee628773a98b9290725ca4941832

Jpach
09-24-2009, 3:58 PM
Boom. +1 to what Tech said. Or just ditch it and get a DPMS patterned rifle :hide:

I gata admit, I would do many many things to get one of those Armalite SASS rifles. Mmmm. SASS. Im going to change my panties now

Argonaut
09-24-2009, 4:03 PM
Armalite is a good brand name and has great stuff......(I waited 3 years for my Bob Loveless hunting knife).....I would buy something off the shelf if you want to shoot something now but leave it on order. When it comes it will be better than any of the mall ninja clones and you will not regret it.

shark92651
09-24-2009, 4:05 PM
If you can find the same upper you ordered somewhere in stock then by all means buy it and cancel the other order. Then again, if you can't find it anywhere I would keep waiting as you are way ahead of other people in line. We special ordered a DPMS .308 upper for someone about a year ago and it finally came in a few weeks ago. I hear the Noveske N6 uppers I have had on order for about a year are due "soon" as well. The wait is long on .308, no matter if DPMS (compatible) or Armalite (compatible).

swerv512
09-24-2009, 4:08 PM
if you havent even paid for the uupper yet, what's the big deal. by the time it actually comes, you'll probably have even more $ put away. Keep it on order AND get whatever you want now to shoot...

BlackReef
09-24-2009, 4:18 PM
Do us Californians have many options for an AR-10 style lower? I heard Noveske discontinued the N6 lower - is this true? What other options do we have?

Thanks

munkeeboi
09-24-2009, 4:54 PM
Aero lowers for the Armalite upper

technique
09-24-2009, 5:00 PM
Do us Californians have many options for an AR-10 style lower? I heard Noveske discontinued the N6 lower - is this true? What other options do we have?

Thanks

No...not that I know of. Rumors came about due to them taking .308 stuff off the main pages of their site (you can find them if you search)

Aero, Noveske, Kaiserworks (?/releasing it soon)...and I rock the Aircraft Armament <--only 7075 billet lower for the Armalite right now..

Though I think Kaiser is going to be billet too.

220RR
09-24-2009, 5:26 PM
what upper you ordered?

swerv512
09-24-2009, 5:41 PM
i see the CMMG lowers are now available for Armalite uppers...
and at a nice price...
http://www.impactguns.com/store/CMMG-L308A.html

santacruzstefan
09-24-2009, 5:55 PM
iron ridge has some nice lookin lowers for both armalite and dpms... pretty soon they'll be releasing uppers for em as well.

viras
10-01-2009, 10:32 PM
OP - Did you buy that green 20" AR-10(T) Upper on 762sass.com :mad: That was mine!!! lol.

JPB
10-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Man, there are plenty of two stage triggers you could drop into that thing. Also, there are plenty of uppers out there too, as long as you don't want the SASS. Try armalite, or 7.62 SASS.com. Even GB has complete uppers listed. Good luck, and the quality is worth it......

skkeeter
10-02-2009, 12:31 AM
OP - Did you buy that green 20" AR-10(T) Upper on 762sass.com :mad: That was mine!!! lol.

Sorry Bro, that was me:D It sat around on there for at least 1.5 weeks. I kept waiting for someone to come along an trade one for my LMT MRP upper. Didn't happen and my Aero was getting lonely.

a1fabweld
10-02-2009, 6:25 AM
Ditch it & buy a PTR-91 or FAL.

tenpercentfirearms
10-02-2009, 7:15 AM
I should have 16" uppers on the way now and some 20"(T)s about a week after that. I just ran out of money on my credit cards so Armalite is charging my check card $1500 at a time for about $7K worth of uppers. I will try and remember to update this when I get them in so you can order them off my website.

I also have RRA NM LPKs and the four parts you need to turn them into an Armalite .308 compatible LPK.

I would say keep your Noveske as they don't make them anymore. If you ditch the Armalite based to go for a DPMS based, you will then probably reset your wait times.

Either wait it of for two weeks for me or wait it out for Armalite. Either way, wait it out.

viras
10-02-2009, 9:31 AM
I have a question for you guys.

Is it true that you can't/shouldn't fire Wolf out of a Noveske 7.62 Upper?
I've heard various opinions... It just doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't be able to fire cheap ammo out of this thing.

That's the reason I was leaning towards an AR-10(T) Upper - I wanna be able to shoot all types of ammo, and there aren't any "Use Expensive Ammo" disclaimers on that setup.

I'm hovering over the "Buy It Now" button on Riflegear for the Noveske, but this statment scares me:

This upper assembly is designed and intended for use with high quality 7.62x51 NATO ammunition. Commercial ammunition may not function through this upper assembly based on improper projectile design or the lack of a staked primer

I'm gonna be mostly plinking with this thing, meaning a lot of Wolf or South African ammo. I'm probably only gonna shoot the good stuff for long range (600 yards+) shoots very rarely.

What should I do?

I'd like to hear from anyone who owns a Noveske 7.62 upper to let me know if Wolf works OK for them...

C.G.
10-02-2009, 9:03 PM
I have a question for you guys.

Is it true that you can't/shouldn't fire Wolf out of a Noveske 7.62 Upper?
I've heard various opinions... It just doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't be able to fire cheap ammo out of this thing.

That's the reason I was leaning towards an AR-10(T) Upper - I wanna be able to shoot all types of ammo, and there aren't any "Use Expensive Ammo" disclaimers on that setup.

I'm hovering over the "Buy It Now" button on Riflegear for the Noveske, but this statment scares me:

I'm gonna be mostly plinking with this thing, meaning a lot of Wolf or South African ammo. I'm probably only gonna shoot the good stuff for long range (600 yards+) shoots very rarely.

What should I do?

I'd like to hear from anyone who owns a Noveske 7.62 upper to let me know if Wolf works OK for them...

If all you are going to do is plink cheap ammo then getting a Noveske upper is a bit of a waste, why not just get a standard Armalite upper or start reloading?

grimmreaper
10-02-2009, 9:15 PM
i ordered two stripped non forward assist uppers from armalite and got them in 30 days, then decided not to use them (still have them)and ordered two stripped forward assist uppers and got them in 30 days, the forward assist complete bolt carriers took 60 days to get from armalite if you decide to sell your lower reciever let me know i am interested !

ElvenSoul
10-03-2009, 2:09 PM
lower options for AR 10 in CA

Aero Precision

and

Kaiser Defense in San Diego

Justintoxicated
10-03-2009, 3:01 PM
the new KD lowers are out? Or you mean the Kaiser Works? CMMG also has one for Armalite now

shark92651
10-03-2009, 8:17 PM
Interestingly enough, after about a year wait we finally received two Noveske N6 16" uppers yesterday. Of course everything we have coming in was pre-sold months ago but it seems they are finally getting some items to us. Still waiting on MY 18" upper however...