PDA

View Full Version : OR CCW

MadMex
09-30-2005, 2:34 AM
Does anyone have first hand experience with applying in OR? Packing.org states “Completion of any firearms safety or training course offered by the state or the NRA etc.” Does the training have to be OR specific and / or must it be completed in OR? Any suggestions or insights are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

bwiese
10-02-2005, 12:18 PM
MadMex....

I'd be interested in hearing this too. Keep us posted here w/what you find.

I travel to eastern OR once or twice per year for extended stays. And I usu travel there with a coupla handguns and ARs.

My cousin has a CCW but he's had it for 25-30 years, got it under older rules, and is prob grandfathered in, etc.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

MadMex
10-02-2005, 6:40 PM
Although it’s a shall issue state, I’ve heard from reputable sources that some sheriffs are very anti-ccw. I used to live and married in Linn County. I’ll spin the wheel there early next month (and NV as well). It’s far enough outside of any major metro area (Portland, Salem, Eugene, Corvallis, etc.) where hopefully the sheriff is a bit more objective. I recently obtained a WA ccw through Lewis county. Very accommodating process and helpful staff. In some states the staff tries to make you feel like a criminal for applying. F’m!