PDA

View Full Version : Need info on LA Gun Shops

imported_11Z50
05-21-2005, 8:10 AM
Hello all, I'm in Van Nuys on business and looks like I'll have a free afternoon. I'm thinking about doing some gun accessory shopping. Been awhile since I've been in this area, so do you have any advice on where to go for good prices and large selection? I'm looking for some red dot optics, a surefire light, ammo and other neat stuff. Any advice is appreciated!

aerodog@cheerful.com
05-21-2005, 9:11 AM
You need a time machine. In the LA south bay area where I'm located there is only Turners. I remember that we had numerous gun stores around (Redondo Beach) back in the 80's, but where i used to have 20 places in a 5 mile radius to buy guns and supplies, I believe that only Turners, LAX Gun range, and Sharpshooters gun range are in that distance today.

For Turners, I think this location is closest to Van Nuys. Otherwise, it might be best to look up the closest gun range and check that out.

Turner's Outdoorsman
19329 Vanowen St.
Reseda, California 91335
818-996-5033

CWatson
05-21-2005, 2:25 PM
There is a small gunshow about 15 minutes from you this weekend.From Van Nuys take the 101 to 134 East. After 10 minutes you will take the 2 North for a couple minutes and exit on Mountain St. Turn left than right at the second light (Verdugo?).

CW

imported_11Z50
05-21-2005, 3:04 PM
Yes CWatson, there was a show in Glendale and I went there. A nice little show, and believe it or not there were a few good deals. Got some leather holster-type items I've been meaning to get for some time at a very reasonable cost. Also picked up some CCI velocitor and the hot Aguila stuff in .22LR for 20% less than Wally World.(I will be testing the G22 next week) The folks there were nice, and although the omnipresent Jerky folks were there it was a nice diversion while the wife took care of her business. It's going on Sunday as well and if anybody needs ammo there are some deals from Miwall and the like. A dealer even has several G22's at a reasonable price, $429-469.

CWatson
05-21-2005, 7:42 PM
11z50

Yeah it was a good show for the LA area. I almost bought some Aguila ammo myself. In fact the guy standing next to me bought some. If you were the guy who told the vendor to add the 22s to some ammo they were holding for him it would be a small world.

On the lower level one guy had a Arisaka type 99 for $200, about high market value but cheap for LA. Did you see the table full of M1 Garands and M1 Carbines? Talk about high prices? I got some Garand clips cheap but the rifles!

I ended up leaving with a P-38 mag, the Garand clips, and some 8mm Turk ammo.

CW

I

imported_11Z50
05-21-2005, 8:13 PM
CWatson,
I'm about 6-1/200 wearing shorts and a Texas Roadhouse T-shirt. Brown/gray hair and goatee. I told the guy I wanted to buy the stuff and would be back later so I didn't have to tote the stuff around..... small world indeed. I saw all the GI rifles. That was quite a display, albeit pricey. Of course, nothing like Reno or Oklahoma City, but surprisingly nice for the LA area. I might even slip by Sunday, if Comrade Wife is game!

PGBsuperior
05-22-2005, 8:02 PM
Originally posted by 11Z50:
Hello all, I'm in Van Nuys on business and looks like I'll have a free afternoon. I'm thinking about doing some gun accessory shopping. Been awhile since I've been in this area, so do you have any advice on where to go for good prices and large selection?

WOW!!!

who knew???

Gun shops in L.A.!!!