PDA

View Full Version : golden west .308 FMJ bullets

grumpie
05-30-2005, 2:32 PM
greetings , has anyone tried the golden west FMJ bullets that are advertised in the shotgun news for the .308 prices seem too good to be true ,how is the quality for highpower shooting . remember they are made in california , please post a reply , rob

-hanko
05-30-2005, 6:13 PM
I'd also suggest you check pricing on military pulldown bullets; check the 'reloading components' sections of sgn & gun list.

From personal experience, pulldowns in 5.56mm shoot great & a cheaper than anything else. You are stuck with a fmj and limited to 55 & 72gr weights. Surplus powder is also as cheap as you'll see.

I have not checked 7.62 as I went kinda wild when the Aussie ammo first started selling & right now don't have any need to reload. 7.62 also is available in pulldown AP and tracers.

-hanko

-hanko
05-30-2005, 6:13 PM
Originally posted by -hanko:
I'd also suggest you check pricing on military pulldown bullets; check the 'reloading components' sections of sgn & gun list.

From personal experience, pulldowns in 5.56mm shoot great & a cheaper than anything else. You are stuck with a fmj and limited to 55 & 62gr weights. Surplus powder is also as cheap as you'll see.

I have not checked 7.62 as I went kinda wild when the Aussie ammo first started selling & right now don't have any need to reload. 7.62 also is available in pulldown AP and tracers.

-hanko

grumpie
05-31-2005, 9:40 AM
greetings , sory for not aying this in my orginal ad , but this are new factory made projectiles , not pulled heads , please advise grupie

gobabygo
05-31-2005, 11:04 AM
I don't load for rifle calibers, but I have bought a ton of their pistol caliber bullets (for USPSA/IPSC). I've driven over there to save on shipping and picked up 10k+ for a discount, which I highly recommend if you're in the LA area. You can call and even pick up on Saturdays.

The quality for me is perfect for what I do (spray and pray basically http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ). I'm sure if you call them up they'd be happy to send you a sample of their bullets.

railroader
05-31-2005, 8:26 PM
Do you have a phone number and the address for them? Mark

Benelli Boy
06-05-2005, 10:27 PM
626 454-4585 http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, I've used a bunch of 230 and 200 gr 45 bullets with excellent results. If you're in the area stop by and he'll give you a bunch of samples.

jon.ocab@gmail.com
06-06-2005, 2:39 PM
Anyone subscribe to Shotgun News and have a scanner willing to scan the most recent bullet/price list? My Shotgun News subscription lapsed awhile back and I haven't renewed.