View Full Version : Romak 991 Single Stack to Double Stack Conversion

09-23-2009, 7:38 PM
Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in the South Orange County area that can mill the Reciever on a Romak 991 Clilnton Era AK. Its single stack and Id like to convert it to double stack since the single stack mags have become almost impossible to find. I know you can dremal it but was hoping for someone with a mill to make a nice smooth cut. Any help would be appreciated.

09-23-2009, 8:17 PM
Single stack mags impossible to find? Somebody was selling them for a buck apiece a few months ago. Just dremel and file the thing til a double stack mag fits. Make a template from another receiver or a flat, if u have one.

09-23-2009, 8:20 PM
Please be advised that the Ohio Ordnance Works, Romak 991 is a listed CA assault weapon by name. I've never verified if they were actually the importer or if it's another case of DOJ mis-interpretation. If the importer is OOW and your registered assault weapon needs work, it will have to go to a smith with a CA AW license. For a job like that, I don't think you can use a regular smith and hang around until the work is done.

09-23-2009, 8:47 PM
10 round single stack magazine.