PDA

View Full Version : LWRC M6A3

JBourne
09-23-2009, 5:52 PM
I was reading another thread about the POF 308 have carrier tilt issues. I recently got to shoot my friend's LWRC M6A3 in 6.8SPC.

I really liked it and was thinking of getting one. But does the LWRC have carrier tilt issues or anything else that anyone know of?? Or should I think twice?

Who has a LWRC and what are your experiences?

Thanks.

Wayneard3413
09-23-2009, 5:59 PM
LWRCI makes what is probably the best piston gun on the market... What your left with is asking why you need a piston gun anyway

99.9% of the shooting public would be better served with a quality DI gun

technique
09-23-2009, 6:02 PM
I was reading another thread about the POF 308 have carrier tilt issues. I recently got to shoot my friend's LWRC M6A3 in 6.8SPC.

I really liked it and was thinking of getting one. But does the LWRC have carrier tilt issues or anything else that anyone know of?? Or should I think twice?

Who has a LWRC and what are your experiences?

Thanks.

Not really, LWCR is one of the companies addressing that issue. worst case....get one of these...
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15453

JBourne
09-23-2009, 6:15 PM
I don't need a piston gun....I have a 5.56 DI already. But I just want one. Something different.

LWRCI makes what is probably the best piston gun on the market... What your left with is asking why you need a piston gun anyway

99.9% of the shooting public would be better served with a quality DI gun

IsaacGlass
09-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Look into the LMT CQB MRP Defender Model Piston 16 Link (http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=188&cid=11&session=afba5b49ebe20de593cc76fb2413a3bf)

Variety is the spice of life.

BHPFan
09-24-2009, 4:39 AM
I don't need a piston gun....I have a 5.56 DI already. But I just want one. Something different.

Why not a SIG 556?

It costs just as much (if not less) as the LWRC M6A3. It is gas piston and it is something different.

Of course, it uses different parts from your DI rifle, but it still shares magazine and caliber.

JBourne
09-24-2009, 6:05 AM
How about a XCR??

How would you rank the following: XCR, Sig 556, LWRC, and Addax in terms of quality, reliability, minimal malfunctions and design issues?

How easy is it to get a XCR or Sig 556 in terms of availability, backorder, etc.?

Thanks.

BHPFan
09-24-2009, 7:46 AM
How about a XCR??

How would you rank the following: XCR, Sig 556, LWRC, and Addax in terms of quality, reliability, minimal malfunctions and design issues?

How easy is it to get a XCR or Sig 556 in terms of availability, backorder, etc.?

Thanks.

My ranking goes like this (in order):
SIG 556, Addax, LWRC and XCR.

I like the SIG 556 better than the XCR if I want a different platform from the AR. That is my personal like though there are XCR owners who swear by their rifles. Both use an AK type system with the ERGOS of the AR15/M16.

The only advantages of the XCR over the SIG 556 I can think of are you can swap barrels and multiple calibers (5.56, 6.8 spc and 7.62x39; I have yet to see a SIG 556 shooting the latter two calibers) within the same platform plus it is already railed so you can put BUIS, mount EOTech, etc...

Between LWRC and Addax (the AR15 gas piston rifles), I prefer Addax because they are a Calguns member and supporter besides being made locally in-state (in SoCal) plus they can customize your DI or GPU rifle/upper in any flavor you like it.

With LWRC, the only problem is the wait time to get one unless you know stores that have it.

Depending where you are, there are stores in SoCal that are carrying Sig 556, LWRC and XCR's. With Addax, you'll have to talk to them and find out the turn around time for what you want as they will build it in-house from the ground up.

neomedic
09-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Anyone know if a Sig 556 is readily available in Southern Cali (San Gabriel area)????

Guess I should start saving ;)

IsaacGlass
09-24-2009, 1:02 PM
I say shoot them all and then decided. I test shot the SIG556 and XCR while in LV and I liked the both, but the XCR IMHO edges out the SIG556 by a few inches because of a few options. CH is on left side for quick easy access and the right hand never leaves the pistol grip, Caliber change within 5 mins or less, 5 setting adjustable valve, its a lot lighter and better balance, last of course the best part they're made in the USA :thumbsup:

Seriously, I almost bought a SIG556 for $1750 earlier this year but some other Calgunner beat me to the punch and Im glad he did otherwise I would regret that purchase knowing what I know now. I have a converted Saiga and like that a lot too, but the XCR is so much nicer and refined. As for GPU, go Addax! their long stroke piston is a very nice setup.

And that's my $.02

djleisure
09-24-2009, 1:40 PM
Anyone know if a Sig 556 is readily available in Southern Cali (San Gabriel area)????

I was at Independent Armament Co. (http://www.independentarmament.com/) yesterday and they had a Sig 556 (and a Sig 556 pistol) on the rack. I didn't ask the price, but they are just a phone call or email away!

BHPFan
09-24-2009, 2:00 PM

Not quite SGV, but Ammo Bros has them in stock. I checked them out last Saturday. They also have a couple of XCRs.

IsaacGlass
09-24-2009, 2:09 PM
CWS isnt in the SGV but they had both and priced nice :thumbsup: forgot what the SIG556 was going for but the XCR 223 version $1599 at the show.