PDA

View Full Version : What's the final word on sealing PMag bottoms?

zman
09-23-2009, 6:33 PM
What's the consensus on sealing/epoxying the bottoms of PMags? I have read the stickies here and there seems to be no "firm" answer. My 10/30 PMags are the riveted versions and would like to know the answer before I head out this weekend.

Phireglass
09-23-2009, 6:45 PM
I have both riveted and spaced w/ sealed bottoms. I HATE the sealed bottoms, i once dropped one in the dirt/sand and i cant seem to get it clean, on my riveted ones i never bothered to seal em because i know i will need to clean em.. someday and theres no way to put in more than 10 rds. Now i guess if i was able to open the spaced ones then it would be illegal, IMO if your PMag is sufficiently riveted then dont worry about sealing them up

zman
09-24-2009, 8:31 AM
I have both riveted and spaced w/ sealed bottoms. I HATE the sealed bottoms, i once dropped one in the dirt/sand and i cant seem to get it clean, on my riveted ones i never bothered to seal em because i know i will need to clean em.. someday and theres no way to put in more than 10 rds. Now i guess if i was able to open the spaced ones then it would be illegal, IMO if your PMag is sufficiently riveted then dont worry about sealing them up

I wished there was a "flowchart" for this :stuart: