PDA

View Full Version : PPT OLL Question.

RVMS
09-23-2009, 3:01 PM
So this absolutely has to be face to face, same shop same time, correct?

I cannot have seller party "X" "gift it to me" were I would surrender it to my FFL... and then have him fax his necessary information from His FFL to My FFL... where I would pay the PPT Fees...and reclaim my Lower.

OCArmory
09-23-2009, 6:09 PM
A PPT is a face to face transaction between two California residents. If it is a rifle and no safe handgun list rules need to be worked around have them send it to the FFL.
Mike

RVMS
09-23-2009, 7:23 PM
Alright just double checking, Thank you Mike.

tenpercentfirearms
09-24-2009, 6:25 AM
He can send it to your FFL and your FFL can process it as a transfer, but there is no limit to the transfer fee. If driving a long ways costs a bunch of money, this might be the way to go.

RVMS
09-24-2009, 7:01 AM
Ah, a good consideration indeed. Thank you.... we see I may kinda already have it... stupid i know but it is a far effin' drive... and I happened to be in the area... but cash was extremely tight.... so I couldn't afford the 35 and background check....

so if I did have it... (not stating the legality of this situation)... would it be possible to surrender it to my FFL?

kemasa
09-24-2009, 7:30 AM
It does not have to be the same time. The seller can deliver it before the buyer arrives and the FFL would fill out a DROS worksheet and have the seller sign it and it is still a PPT.

Otherwise, if it is not a handgun and it is on the certified list, then it can be done as a regular transfer, but the fees are not limited.

If I understand your last question, not it is not possible for you to deliver it to your FFL and then have it transfered to yourself. The FFL has to document where it came from. The seller could ship it to your FFL though.

RVMS
09-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Ok... cool... just a thought and yeah you pretty much had that all correct.... I greatly appreciate the knowledge and time.

Thank you,
RVMS