PDA

View Full Version : First PPT have question

Capt. Speirs
09-23-2009, 3:12 PM
I am about to perform my first PPT. The transfer is a handgun and my question is; do I have to be a certified instructor and perform the handgun safety demo before handing it over to the buyer?

professionalcoyotehunter
09-23-2009, 3:16 PM
The person receiving it must have the proper handgun training and when they come to pick it up they will be shown how to use it.

Capt. Speirs
09-23-2009, 3:23 PM
The person receiving it must have the proper handgun training and when they come to pick it up they will be shown how to use it.

So, since I (the FFL) do not have my CA Firearms Instructor Certification yet, I can not complete the PPT for a handgun, correct?

BONECUTTER
09-23-2009, 3:29 PM
So, since I (the FFL) do not have my CA Firearms Instructor Certification yet, I can not complete the PPT for a handgun, correct?

Correct.

professionalcoyotehunter
09-23-2009, 3:29 PM
Correct! Unless you are a seller and take it to a certified dealer to do the tranfer.

Capt. Speirs
09-23-2009, 3:32 PM
Correct.

Darn, my NRA class isn't till late October, oh well. Thanks for the quick replies.

ke6guj
09-23-2009, 3:38 PM
I guess that is one way to get out of having to do PPTs :D

OCArmory
09-23-2009, 7:07 PM
Go to Grant boys. They offer an approved course it was quick and easy got it done on a Sunday. I think you can have any instructor do it. If you can do it in the morning I can come by and do it real quick.
Mike

smokingloon
09-23-2009, 9:11 PM
I can also do it if you need someone.

tenpercentfirearms
09-24-2009, 7:24 AM
This is funny, but you can do it still. If you know another FFL in the area that will do the safe handling demonstration, they can do it there, the FFL signs it, and then you can finish it at your store.

Have them PPT it somewhere else!

kemasa
09-24-2009, 8:36 AM
It is not just a PPT, but any handgun. It does sound like you need a certified instructor to assist you if you want to do it or you need to wait.

Capt. Speirs
09-25-2009, 10:09 AM
This is funny, but you can do it still. If you know another FFL in the area that will do the safe handling demonstration, they can do it there, the FFL signs it, and then you can finish it at your store.

Have them PPT it somewhere else!

Thanks for the tip, we'll see what he wants to do.