PDA

View Full Version : So. Cal. Camping/Shooting/Fishing?? spots?

marklbucla
04-12-2005, 5:15 PM
Are there any good places to go in So Cal (within 2 hours or so of either Los Angeles or Orange counties) for a site where one could camp, shoot on a public area, and possibly fish?

I tried calling up a couple of places in San Bernardino, but it looks like the public shooting spots were washed out. I guess I'm going to call up the Cleveland National Forest and Big Bear people tomorrow as well.

marklbucla
04-12-2005, 5:15 PM
Are there any good places to go in So Cal (within 2 hours or so of either Los Angeles or Orange counties) for a site where one could camp, shoot on a public area, and possibly fish?

I tried calling up a couple of places in San Bernardino, but it looks like the public shooting spots were washed out. I guess I'm going to call up the Cleveland National Forest and Big Bear people tomorrow as well.

RRangel
04-12-2005, 5:48 PM
There's plenty of places to shoot and camp in southern California. The hard part is finding water and fishing.

marklbucla
04-12-2005, 6:00 PM
Any specific locations?

RRangel
04-12-2005, 7:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marklbucla:
Any specific locations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BLM land for one. There are also places to shoot in some National Forests like Los Padres. All you have to do is ask the local Rangers.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/lospadres/recreation/hunting-shooting/index.shtml

Ford8N
04-13-2005, 6:28 PM
Davy Brown Campground in the Los Padres Forest has a stocked trout stream. And they also stock the Manzana River just down the road at Nira Campground. They are both about an hour or so from Santa Barbara. And there are areas to shoot, hike, 4x4.

LongBch_SigP226
04-13-2005, 9:18 PM
You don't need to drive too far for all that.
Just go to Angeles National Forest off of city of Azusa. Go shoot at Burro Canyon shooting range and they got couple campsites + fishing spots close-by. (Yah, yah, this isn't what you wanted but...)