PDA

View Full Version : Kaiser Defense Lowers, $139! $40 savings!

Riflegear
09-21-2009, 3:48 PM
Calguns, we are dropping the price drastically on all Kaiser Defense lowers in order to blow them out and make room for the new JD Machine lowers.

As of now all Kaiser Defense lowers are $139.

Also, Rob and Jesse of JD Machine (Formerly Kaiser Defense) have dropped by their new lower, the JD Machine TR 1! We will have this lower on display for you to check out and they will be available once we've blown out our existing Kaiser Defense inventory.

https://riflegear.com/images/Product/large/626.jpg

oogabooga
09-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Even though you said all Kaiser Defense lowers are $139, I'm guessing this price DOES NOT apply to the Calguns.net lowers made by Kaiser Defense?

Regardless, great price!

Riflegear
09-23-2009, 3:46 PM
Even though you said all Kaiser Defense lowers are $139, I'm guessing this price DOES NOT apply to the Calguns.net lowers made by Kaiser Defense?

Regardless, great price!

That would be correct. That price is only good for the standard Kaiser Defense KR5 lowers.

Saym14
09-30-2009, 9:18 AM
so what happened to KD? out of business? split up? bought out?

do they still make Spike's?

shark92651
09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
The partners that were Kaiser Defense have split. The group that is still in place in San Diego (Jesse), using the same machinists and machines that built the KD lowers is now called JD Machine Tech. The other guy (Greg) took the Kaiser name, tweaked it a bit, and is now operating as Kaiser Military Technology, or KMT. They are both going to be offering AR15 lowers and .308 lowers. There is a little "dirty tricks" in play right now - such as the KMT guy redirecting the JD Machine Tech google local listing to his Kaiser website (shameful if you ask me) but it remains to see how it all plays out. We will let the quality of the products and the quality of the business practices guide us as to which company we do business with (perhaps both).

Saym14
09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
thanks - iguess more is better. so those of use with KD lowers now own rare peices never to be made again?

shark92651
09-30-2009, 4:12 PM
Not sure if Greg and KMT will still use the same KD logo or not. Anything new with "Kaiser" in the name, however, is at the least, being made on different machinery and in Arizona, not San Diego.

HkUSP45
09-30-2009, 9:20 PM
When will you get the JD receivers?

Gator Monroe
09-30-2009, 9:25 PM
When will you get the JD receivers?

And will another Company Aside from these two make the future batches of CGN lowers ???

shark92651
10-01-2009, 9:13 AM
And will another Company Aside from these two make the future batches of CGN lowers ???

I'm not sure - but wouldn't it be cool if the Calguns lowers continued to be made in California?

bplvr
10-22-2009, 2:01 PM
I spoke with Rob at the Del Mar show and there are still several hundred CGN lowers at his shop. He is willing to discuss a group buy.

JCal49
10-23-2009, 7:58 AM
I spoke with Rob at the Del Mar show and there are still several hundred CGN lowers at his shop. He is willing to discuss a group buy.

More details! Ill pick up a couple if we can get this groupbuy going.

shark92651
10-23-2009, 10:35 AM
The problem with a group buy for a lower is that you still have to transfer it to an FFL and make arrangements for the FFL to accept the shipments, by the time the FFL tacks on transfer fees the group buy price is not all that great anymore. As long as JD continues to have these in stock we will continue to stock them so anybody local can just come buy one.

onequickshift
11-25-2009, 9:47 AM
My husband was looking at KD, off topic, but does Noveske make their lowers? I think he said that another company makes theirs for them. Not sure.

BONECUTTER
11-25-2009, 9:53 AM
My husband was looking at KD, off topic, but does Noveske make their lowers? I think he said that another company makes theirs for them. Not sure.

Other way...KD made Noveske and Spikes and a few other I think.

Now its JD....Its hard keeping up with who makes who stuff these days because they do change around.

At the end of the day all are mil spec and get the one with the best name/picture you want. It really doesn't matter.