View Full Version : For all you so-cal gunners.

09-19-2009, 2:21 PM
I'm looking to do some 4-wheeling near big bear but what wondering if there is any place up in that area to do any shooting? I'm guessing there isn't but if anyone knows of anything let me know!! thanks guys

09-19-2009, 2:28 PM
Go to the discovery center on the north side of the lake . Rangers and such will direct you. Fawnskin area. Also there is a shooting range up there.

Eat Dirt
09-19-2009, 7:53 PM
There is an Off Road ( OHV ) /Staging area called Pinnacales
And just across the street and down the paved road is a shooting club / shooting range

I've been by there a bunch of times but I'm always in my Yamaha Rhino
Coming from Miller Canyon going to Deep Creek

09-19-2009, 10:19 PM
forest roads 3n14 and 2n02 have shooting ranges. They are closed right now due to high fire danger, but should open after we have some rain and cool weather. You need a forest adventure pass to park in the area. The ranges are just areas of the forest where you can pull off the road and set up targets. The land is not flat and it is not good for long distances. You might be able to set up out to 100 yards. It is however, cheap and there are no range officers. Also, there are no bathrooms or water nearby.

I explore the trails around big bear once in a while and stop to shoot. The rangers should be able to provide some directions or maps. 3n14 is north of fawnskin and 2n02 is east of baldwin lake. They both seem to be around 30 minutes from the paved roads, depending on how fast you drive.