PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Reno!!!

5hundo
09-19-2009, 1:25 PM
...and I'm bringing my 03 FFL with me! :43:

Any good stores around there for C&R sales?

Where should I go? What should I get?

ledman
09-19-2009, 2:59 PM
lol, I feel your excitement! But I do not know any, but it is exciting to think you can go to a gun shop and cash and carry a C&R rifle or pistol.

TRICKSTER
09-19-2009, 7:27 PM
There aren't a lot of C&R's there. Your best bets are Cabelas and Silver State Arms. Metropawn also might have some C&R's and you can check what they have online http://www.metropawn.com/browse.php
Depending on when you are going, Crossroads of the West has a show at the Convention Center on Oct. 24 & 25, and the Big Reno Show is Nov.13-15.

glennsche
09-19-2009, 7:38 PM
some cheap SKSs on that site trickster posted

Acorn556
09-19-2009, 8:16 PM
Mark Force and Strike or Silver State Firearms

Silverstae is off Moana and Kitzkie. Head N at Taco Bel and it's in the small shopping center behind it.

Mark force is over by Suzies. Ask where suzies is and drive south. It will be on the left. Big sign.

Intimid8tor
09-19-2009, 9:42 PM
I don't see a lot of C&R stuff there. Silver state is proably the best bet.

Acorn556
09-19-2009, 9:50 PM
I think MF&S gets it as tradeins. Other than SSA there isn't anyone.

After you hit up SSA take a drive into USFA. As you leave SSA turn Left on Kietzkie then turn Right on Moana towards the Peppermill & Atlantis. In the white buildings on the right (slightly after where the road turns right). It's in the back right corner. Just a good shop to check out.

5hundo
09-23-2009, 9:44 AM
I was actually up there last weekend. I didn't see much that caught my eye, I'm sorry to say... :(

I did see the air races, though. That was cool...

Acorn556
09-24-2009, 3:07 PM
I just walked into my fav. gunshop and realized why it's my favorite. 200 rounds of XM193 for $100. Wouldn't see that in the bay area. No limit on how many you can buy either. Plus silencers, HK USP Tactical, and full autos on the wall and in the case. AND THE OWNER IS A CALIFORNIAN!!

Bullseye57
09-24-2009, 3:23 PM
Whats the name of this store might I ask?

Acorn556
09-24-2009, 8:46 PM
US Firearms Academy. It's off Moana before you get to the light to ture towards the Peppermill/Atlantis. It's back in the corner of some White buildings on the Left as you head West from 395.

Had Gemtechs for 5.56 and even one for a 22!

This guy has been the best thing to happen to gun shops in Reno. I won't go anywhere else. Pmags for $18 for 30 rounders

http://www.usfirearmsacademy.com/

If he doesn't have it in stock....he'll get it. Every couple of months I drop in and just continue to see more and more guns on the walls...I think he's out of room now.

Bullseye57
09-24-2009, 9:02 PM
Thanks, I'll be in town next week....I'll scope it out~

dfletcher
09-25-2009, 9:00 PM
Isn't there a huge gun store in Sparks - Shields, something like that?

Hozr
09-25-2009, 9:52 PM
I was actually up there last weekend. I didn't see much that caught my eye, I'm sorry to say... :(

I did see the air races, though. That was cool...

Have to say I agree. For Nevada being a "Free" state the gun shops in Reno pretty much sucked. I spent a whopping $14.

Air races were EXCELLENT!

chefdude
09-25-2009, 9:53 PM
Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks.....:cowboy:

5hundo
09-26-2009, 9:21 AM
Isn't there a huge gun store in Sparks - Shields, something like that?

Scheels...

Yeah, I've been there. I get reloading equipment when I go up there. My stepbrother lives in Ferneley...

emcon5
10-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Giving this one a bump, I will be there Saturday. Any other recommendations?

Of the ones listed, is Silver State probably the first choice?

On edit: Dumb question, all I need is a couple copies of my C & R right? If I see something I like, I enter it in my Bound Book when I get home? Do I need anything else?

I still have not received the package from ATF, just my license.

Thanks,

TRICKSTER
10-02-2009, 1:50 AM
Stop at Cabela's on your way into town, sometimes they have some good deals and are C&R friendly. All you need is copies of your C&R and lots of cash. Don't sign the copies of your C&R until you are making the purchase. Log your new gun in your book when you get home. Don't know what your looking for, but someone on the CMP forum reported seeing a 03A3 and M1917 at Cabela's
yesterday.

emcon5
10-02-2009, 8:23 PM
Stop at Cabela's on your way into town, sometimes they have some good deals and are C&R friendly. All you need is copies of your C&R and lots of cash. Don't sign the copies of your C&R until you are making the purchase. Log your new gun in your book when you get home. Don't know what your looking for, but someone on the CMP forum reported seeing a 03A3 and M1917 at Cabela's
yesterday.

Thanks, I tend to stop at Cabela's every time I go, the car just heads for the exit. Same for Scheels.

Anyone know if Metropawn is C&R friendly?

Thanks,

LexLuther
10-03-2009, 10:34 PM
I was planning on going but I am wondering if anyone can tell me if one of the Reno shows is better for finding good C&R finds than the other?

TRICKSTER
10-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I was planning on going but I am wondering if anyone can tell me if one of the Reno shows is better for finding good C&R finds than the other?
I have always had good luck finding C&R's at the Big Reno Show.

emcon5
10-05-2009, 11:03 PM
My trip to Reno last Saturday was disappointing. Cabela's and Silver State both had a few C & Rs, but nothing jumped out at me.

I went to 2 Metropawns, and was pretty disappointed. Yes, they both had some Milsurp rifles, but most had been bubba'd. The only thing that looked interesting was the Sparks store had what appeared to be a complete 1903A3 with an asking price of $499.

haiedras
10-06-2009, 12:04 AM
+1 and then some for that place. Guys were totally cool in there, and the prices were definitely reasonable for the drive out to Reno.

US Firearms Academy. It's off Moana before you get to the light to ture towards the Peppermill/Atlantis. It's back in the corner of some White buildings on the Left as you head West from 395.

Had Gemtechs for 5.56 and even one for a 22!

This guy has been the best thing to happen to gun shops in Reno. I won't go anywhere else. Pmags for $18 for 30 rounders

http://www.usfirearmsacademy.com/

If he doesn't have it in stock....he'll get it. Every couple of months I drop in and just continue to see more and more guns on the walls...I think he's out of room now.