PDA

View Full Version : struck by mosin fever!

socomIInato
09-18-2009, 1:00 PM
once again the lure of low cost mosin lured me over to my local BIG 5 to check what they had in stock earlier this week. I`ve had good luck:) at this big 5 as they always seem to have nice mosin in stock. so far i`ved pick up 2 91/30 from there. a 1942 tula blondie and a 1930 Izhevsk hex receiver both in nice condition. seeing that they were supposed to have some m44, i went over to see what they had. the m44 on display was in excellent condition, the metal work finish was clean and marking crisp. barrel rifling excellent and stock condition was in pretty could shape and was of solid wood. this is a Izhevsk manu model. as you probaly figured out by now I couldn`t resist buying this one and it now sit in 10 day jail. even though I already have a pristine polish m44, I bought this russian m44. I believe i`ve got a bad case of mosin ugly rifle disease:eek: I haven`t even fired the last mosin I bought! I picked up that one last week:D

joefrank64k
09-18-2009, 1:12 PM
Welcome to the club, my friend!

I had an M44 on the way from Century when I ran into a guy at the August Costa Mesa Gun Show selling TWO M44's with 680 rounds of ammo. I talked him down to $350 for the lot and took home a Polish and Romanian to join their Century Arms brother! It always seems that there's room for "just one more". :D

socomIInato
09-18-2009, 1:17 PM
I didn`t want my two russian 91/30 to complain that a polish m44 was spying on them. so I figured the russian m44 would keep an eye on the polish m44. averting a crisis among mosin.;)

glennsche
09-18-2009, 2:04 PM
I didn`t want my two russian 91/30 to complain that a polish m44 was spying on them. so I figured the russian m44 would keep an eye on the polish m44. averting a crisis among mosin.;)

thank god for that. cant have a mosin crisis. :)

i've got 1 91/30 and 1 m44... love em both but i guess i've not been bitten by the mosin bug. i can totally quit whenever. just after i get a hex receiver sniper. and a US made pre-soviet revolution one. and one unique one with east german markings or something.

no seriously though i can quit anytime. i can.

what? why are you looking at me like that? WHAT.

sigfan91
09-18-2009, 2:16 PM
I see a lot of people have 91/30s and a lot of people have M44s. Why do you guys prefer them over the M38 carbine? What's the difference between the M38 and the M44? And why are the "hex" receivers more desirable?

migz
09-18-2009, 2:40 PM
m44 has side mounted bayonet, m38 doesn't. I'm sure there are other differences.

hex receivers are older than round receivers.

steelrain82
09-18-2009, 2:52 PM
I only have and no4 mk1 and an m1 Garand and cash is tight right now. I don't really like of the mosin but I do like the way they feel and I keep going to big5 just to look at them. I have noticed that all the c&r guns I've ever held all have a point and shoot characteristic about them. I really want a mosin as soon as I get paid.

Crusader
09-18-2009, 3:26 PM
I seem to get struck by the Mosin Fever every 6 months or so. Unfortunately, the Mosin Fever leaves me weakened and I am usually also infected with Mauseritis. It's a vicious cycle that invariably leaves me pennyless and worn out.

socomIInato
09-18-2009, 4:09 PM
I seem to get struck by the Mosin Fever every 6 months or so. Unfortunately, the Mosin Fever leaves me weakened and I am usually also infected with Mauseritis. It's a vicious cycle that invariably leaves me pennyless and worn out.

Mauseritis is also another vicious diseases I am inflicted with! so far the warring faction among are at peace. but this may not last long as the yugo m24/47 and m48 are outnumber by the germans 98 and 98k who are aligned with turkish 98 are grumbling again:eek: plus the 03 & p17 are distant cousins who seem ready to intervene with a 03A3 in the future:eek:causing descent among there european cousins. and causing financial distress at home.:chris:

Crusader
09-18-2009, 4:59 PM
Socom, we both need to get out more haha.