PDA

View Full Version : Local PD more Strict then State?

djbooya
09-17-2009, 6:10 PM
Can the local PD impose longer wait periods? I just received my local license in preparation of getting my CFD and noticed the Fremont PD paperwork lists 15 day wait times. Am I ok still following the 10 day rule or should I get an updated copy from Fremont requesting them to list 10 days instead of 15? Or am I responsible for following the local PD rules as they are stricter then State/Fed level?

http://img10.yfrog.com/img10/787/licensep.jpg

Technical Ted
09-17-2009, 6:15 PM
All I know is that Big Mac at Irvington Arms had a lot of fun dealing with the city of Fremont to transfer an existing gunshop to his name back in 2003/2004. They made him jump through a bunch of hoops.

CSACANNONEER
09-17-2009, 6:48 PM
That's some OLD paperwork. There used to be a 15 day wait in California. You used to need a BFSC too! Now, the state doesn't even recognize or issue BFSC anymore so, I don't know how you could comply with that one. I'd just print up the current regulations and send them to the city asking if these are the regulations that they want you to follow since the ones they gave you don't meet the current state laws!

djbooya
09-17-2009, 7:51 PM
That's some OLD paperwork. There used to be a 15 day wait in California. You used to need a BFSC too! Now, the state doesn't even recognize or issue BFSC anymore so, I don't know how you could comply with that one. I'd just print up the current regulations and send them to the city asking if these are the regulations that they want you to follow since the ones they gave you don't meet the current state laws!

That sounds reasonable. I'll do that after I get my CFD. I don't want to bring it up yet and have to wait for them to re-issue paperwork to me. This piece of paperwork took 3 weeks as it is. It was the only piece I was missing with my 1st CFD submission.

tenpercentfirearms
09-17-2009, 8:45 PM
I concur, it is an old form. I would just ignore it until the city comes in for their first inspection. Oh, you don't think they will ever do that? Problem solved.