PDA

View Full Version : FFL business card?

Capt. Speirs
09-17-2009, 4:28 PM
Need to get some business cards made now that I have what I need to start my business (some what), my question is what information should or shouldn't be on an FFL's business card? FFL #, CFD #,:confused:

blackberg
09-17-2009, 4:47 PM
the one I have in my pocket from the ffl I go to does not have a FFL# or CFD number, looks like any other business
-bb

freakshow10mm
09-18-2009, 6:50 AM
Yup. Logo, contact information, brief description of services/products.

Stick to 2-3 colors, normal font. Clean is eye catching.

Here's mine for an example. Make them myself using the Avery business card paper. Print up 100 at a time, keep 10 on me. Any info changes I can do it and not dump 1,000 cards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/freakshow10mm/Freakshow%20Mfg/BusinessCard.jpg

Capt. Speirs
09-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks Freakshow, especially on the tip of making your own cards. A friend of mine is a graphic artist, he said he would help me with a logo.

jksupplyco
09-18-2009, 10:33 AM
No offense Adam, but I disagree with the "print your own" cards philiosophy.. vistaprint.com can get professional ones done on the cheap.. the ragged perforations on the Avery templates screams amatuer to me..

freakshow10mm
09-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I can't afford fancy business cards right now, but I'll keep the link on file.

halifax
09-18-2009, 10:51 AM
No offense Adam, but I disagree with the "print your own" cards philiosophy.. vistaprint.com can get professional ones done on the cheap.. the ragged perforations on the Avery templates screams amatuer to me..

My Avery CleanEdge cards look better than my day-job professional ones :)

ke6guj
09-18-2009, 10:52 AM

Yup, I think spending the ~$25 for a box of 250 premium cards shipped makes good sense. And once you order from them once, you will get tons of discount offers making them even cheaper for additional orders.

OCArmory
09-18-2009, 7:08 PM
I use 123print.com. I think I got 1000 cards for like $60. Print more than you think you will need and hand them to everyone. Me handing out random business cards at gunshows and various places bring more sales than my yellow book ad.
Mike

blackberg
09-18-2009, 8:18 PM
custom made will look much better and professional for a potential customer.

I can get you 1000 Business cards for $50 shipped, full color and UV(glossy) coat on both sides, if you provide the artwork. And have fancier papers and finishes if you want them too. Can get less qty too, but you wont save that much. about a 2-4 day turnaround.

-bb

customizedcreationz
09-25-2009, 4:47 AM
Vista print does do nice cards. I had 3500 printed for around $120 or so. Glossy , heavy stock, full color on one side and black on the other side.

Definitely check into them. Classy business cards are the only way to go for the small amount of money you have to pay for them.

Its one of the first things my customers say about my cards. How nice they are. And that is the first impression that your giving to your customer. It might be a card he picks up at a gun show, or from a friend. And if it's a tear off home made card, that sends many people the other way. No offense to anyone, but its the truth.

Work on that first impression and give them a nice card, it speaks much of your work and that your willing to spend a little to impress them right off, lets them know that you take pride in your business.

Good luck.

Capt. Speirs
09-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Vista print does do nice cards. I had 3500 printed for around $120 or so. Glossy , heavy stock, full color on one side and black on the other side.

Definitely check into them. Classy business cards are the only way to go for the small amount of money you have to pay for them.

Its one of the first things my customers say about my cards. How nice they are. And that is the first impression that your giving to your customer. It might be a card he picks up at a gun show, or from a friend. And if it's a tear off home made card, that sends many people the other way. No offense to anyone, but its the truth.

Work on that first impression and give them a nice card, it speaks much of your work and that your willing to spend a little to impress them right off, lets them know that you take pride in your business.

Good luck.

Just ordered mine from Vista Print.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z186/Speirs_photo/ScreenHunter_08Sep251614gif.jpg

FastFinger
09-26-2009, 12:10 AM
All right - you guys shamed me into it... I can have your cards printed quality 14 pt. glossy stock, full color both sides, UV coating both sides, 1,000 for $32.50 plus CA tax shipped. Knock of $1.50 if you don't need any printing on the back.

250 for $24.50, 500 for 29.50, 2,500 for $49.50 - pm for larger orders. Paypal or credit cards.

Turn around is anywhere from 5 to 10 days, rush service is avail.

You can provide the full design (pm me for specs) or just send the info and I can put it on one of the following backgrounds - I also have flags, eagles, solids, abstract etc.... Or I can do graphic/log/company image work (I did the CGN brochures and worked on new logo).

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7334/gunsps.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6881/huntnk.png

Lissauer
09-27-2009, 9:26 PM
Just go to myprinteasy.com. You won't beat their prices.
1,000 bcards 14pt 4/4 with UV on both sides $15.95.

customizedcreationz
10-05-2009, 6:58 AM
Just go to myprinteasy.com. You won't beat their prices.
1,000 bcards 14pt 4/4 with UV on both sides $15.95.

Thats a good price, but how good are the cards ?

Lissauer
10-06-2009, 9:55 PM
Better than Vistaprint.

customizedcreationz
10-07-2009, 4:42 AM
Really , I might have to check it out.

mrboma
10-07-2009, 9:47 AM
I have had some very good results from gotprint.com.
The cards are outstanding in quality and turn-around isn't too bad.
Download their template for cards and drop it into PS.
I have been using them for around 6 years now and never had a bad batch come through. Last I checked it was right around the 25.00 for 250 delivered.
Regards,
Mike