PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous quotes from anti-gun politicians wanted

jsergovic
07-22-2005, 8:00 AM
I've read some off-the-wall quotes on this forum, usually included as a "signature".

I'd like to compile some, and ask for your input.

Please include the position of the person, if possible.
Don't feel the need to restrict this to California politicians.

One I particularly like is the guy who is scared of people having guns when he is actively pursuing legislation to take the guns.

Thanks.

Charliegone
07-22-2005, 7:23 PM
Heres a few

http://www.calguns.net/laughroll.gif fools

Charliegone
07-22-2005, 7:24 PM
If it was up to me, no one but law enforcement officers would own hand guns..." Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, Federal Gun Legislation Press Conference in Washington, D.C., November 13, 1998.

No presidential candidate has yet come out for the most effective proposal to check the terror of gunfire: a ban on the general sale, manufacture and ownership of handguns as well as assault-style weapons." The Washington Post editorial entitled "Guns Along the Campaign Trail", Monday, July 19, 1999, Page A18.

The League, therefore, supports a ban on the further manufacture, sale, transportation and importation for private ownership of handguns and their parts." League of Women Voters of Illinois
Gun Control Position-in-Brief.

We recoil in horror and search for explanations, but we never face up to the obvious preventive measure: a ban on the handy killing machines that make crimes so easy." Josh Sugarmann, Executive Director of the Violence Policy Center, Seattle and Honolulu shootings more reasons to regulate guns, (1999).

"Their measure would give the Treasury Department health and safety authority over the gun industry, and any rational regulator with that authority would ban handguns." Josh Sugarmann, Executive Director of the Violence Policy Center, Seattle and Honolulu shootings more reasons to regulate guns, (1999).

"I'm convinced that we have to have federal legislation to build on. We're going to have to take one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily-given political realities-going to be a very modest. of course, it's true that politicians will then go home and say, 'This is a great law. The problem is solved. . . .' So then we'll have to start working again to strengthen that law, and then again to strengthen the next law, and maybe again and again. . . . Our ultimate goal-total control of handguns in the United States-is going to take time. My estimate is seven to ten years. The first problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns being produced and sold in this country. The second problem is to get handguns registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition-except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors-totally illegal." [emphasis on "all" in the original] Pete Shields, "A Reporter At Large: Handguns", July 26, 1976, 57-58, in the New Yorker magazine. At the time, Mr Shields was the Executive Director of NCCH, which changed its name to Handgun Control, Inc. in 1978.

Whoops didnt come out

delloro
07-23-2005, 10:33 AM
http://202.80.33.17/nas/gunquote.htm

jsergovic
07-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Good quotes and link. Thanks.

The particular one I am looking for is used by a member here, and involves a ludicrous statement by a frightened politician.

Said politician is afraid of people being armed when he is taking their freedoms away.

50 Shooter
07-23-2005, 12:20 PM
The one your looking for is from Henry Waxman. I thought I had a pic of it that someone had made but I can't find it right now.

jsergovic
07-23-2005, 6:27 PM
"If someone is so fearful that they are going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, it makes me very nervous that these people have weapons at all." ~~Henry Waxman

Thanks for your help!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/693028/posts