PDA

View Full Version : Any middlemen left to install a BB on a CMMG bargain bin rifle?

Jack_Bauer
09-17-2009, 10:12 AM
CMMG is running their bargain bin AR-15's again but will most likely not sell directly to CA. Are there any more middlemen we can use to install a BB then ship to an FFL in CA?

gunshack
09-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Ask CMMG to ship the upper to you and the lower to a dealer, no BB required in that configuration.

ke6guj
09-17-2009, 12:20 PM
If CMMG won't californicate it for you, one of the middlemen listed in this thread should be able to help.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=209788&highlight=middleman

OCArmory
09-17-2009, 1:30 PM
You can also use Quentin Laser in Arizona. PM me for his contact info. I think he uses Glock holiday as his screen name.
Mike

Jack_Bauer
09-17-2009, 2:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. I found the contact info in the middlemen thread. Somehow I missed that whole thread. I don't think CMMG will do any additional work such as break up the upper and lower or install a BB so Middle-man is the best route to go.

DRM6000
09-17-2009, 2:42 PM
what if you end with an armalite/eagle, dpms or some other banned make?

ke6guj
09-17-2009, 3:28 PM
well, if you deal with a smart middleman, they probably won't even ship it into CA.

If it does get shipped into CA and is an AW, either by being listed, or by configuration, your FFL will most likely ship it right back to the sender.

If your FFL does accidentily DROS it to you, then you would be in possession of an illegal AW.

DRM6000
09-17-2009, 3:44 PM
i should have rephrased the question. what if he ends up buying a listed make from cmmg and it gets sent to the middleman? the middleman can't send it to ca. then what?

freakshow10mm
09-17-2009, 4:03 PM
CMMG sells CMMG. They don't sell other brand ARs.

ke6guj
09-17-2009, 4:20 PM
i should have rephrased the question. what if he ends up buying a listed make from cmmg and it gets sent to the middleman? the middleman can't send it to ca. then what?As Freakshow mentioned, CMMG doesn't sell anything other than CMMG, so it would be very unlikely that you would get a listed AW from them.

But if you bought from someone else and they sent a listed AW to your middleman, it just wouldn't get shipped into CA. At that point you would need to determine who made the mistake, and if a refund/replacement was possible.

DRM6000
09-17-2009, 5:00 PM
cmmg has a bargain bin section with other makes.

There is NO choice of make.

Lower receiver brands will be Armalite/Eagle, DPMS and CMMG.http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=1867323&cat=161&

ke6guj
09-17-2009, 5:05 PM
Ok, my mistake, they do sell non-CMMG stuff.

so in this case, make sure you buy a non-listed make/model. If CMMG does not offer you the option of picking a non-listed make/model if buying from the bargain bin, then don't order one.

dachan
09-17-2009, 5:18 PM
Bargin bin includes Armalite/Eagle, DPMS and CMMG. Handpicked will be for cosmetics, there is NO choice of make.

You stand a pretty good chance of buying a listed AW which cannot be shipped into CA.

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=161&

freakshow10mm
09-17-2009, 7:08 PM
Interesting. As long as I've been dealing with CMMG, even their bargain bin guns have always been CMMG.

tenpercentfirearms
09-17-2009, 8:47 PM
Interesting. As long as I've been dealing with CMMG, even their bargain bin guns have always been CMMG.

Not on this one. I remember this coming up when they first did their bargain bins. They were gun show floor models so they had all sorts of guns.

I have bought Daniel Defense rifles and Anvil Arms lowers from Spike's Tactical before. Everyone does some horse trading now and then, especially on the gun show circuit.