PDA

View Full Version : Time to arm the citizens of Fremont? Article

Steyr_223
02-11-2005, 7:09 AM
This is an interesting article about the new alarm policy in Fremont and one guys attempt to get people to arm themselves.

Thoughts?

Steyr

Hey Fremont, Lock And Load
One resident is so enraged by the city's alarm policy that he's urging others to arm themselves

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/02/11/BAG6CB978T1.DTL

Steyr_223
02-11-2005, 7:09 AM
This is an interesting article about the new alarm policy in Fremont and one guys attempt to get people to arm themselves.

Thoughts?

Steyr

One resident is so enraged by the city's alarm policy that he's urging others to arm themselves

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/02/11/BAG6CB978T1.DTL

dwtt
02-11-2005, 7:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/02/11/BAG6CB978T1.DTL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, But, we're already armed. Oh, you mean the
rest of Fremont.

Colonel Klink
02-11-2005, 8:42 AM
I wish the gun store owner had been more positive about gun ownership for protection. Even someone who says they would never shoot an intruder could save their entire family if they had a gun available.

We must counter the lies the media loves to print. Fremont Chamber of Commerce President Cindy Bonior said:
"I would hate to see us become a gun-toting community," she said. "I think that would be a bigger threat to security than not responding to alarms."
We know from Washington DC and Chicago that that is not true.

I doubt that there could be any more truth shown than criminals want unarmed and un-alarmed victims. Look how long it took them to act once they found out no one would respond to a burgular alarm.

bwiese
02-11-2005, 9:24 AM
Martin's (Irvington Arms' owner) comments were placed a bit out of context/emphasis.

All he was trying to say is that if one has a gun and presents it, but are afraid to use it, it might get shoved up one's arse.

Remember, Martin is trying to fight the "Rambo gun-store owner" syndrome - important when you realize gun stores in Bay Area often need local zoning approvals, etc.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Trader Jack
02-11-2005, 9:41 AM
Martins remarks were for the benefit of the Fremont politicians. Take those remarks with a grain of salt. He had to be political correct.

stillbigmac
02-11-2005, 10:11 AM
I have been here two years... I have seen lots of people that shouldn't have guns..

Put to me the way it was
"he is sugesting everyone carry a gun"
I said I think an armed society is a polite society, but not everyone should carry. I have met LOTS of people that want to put blanks in their protection gun. If your going to draw a gun you had better pull the triger, if your using blanks your going to get beat to death with your gun. I have met people that want to flash the gun to scare people away. Again, if your going to pull a gun you better pull the trigger. I have met complete idiots that would settle a petty arguments with murder. A gun should be a last resort, not a way to settle arguments..

Everyone that want to protect their family or their property that want a gun to do it should be able to buy it. If your not willing to use it, don't waste your money. If your not willing to get training or practice,,, don't bother.

I also think that ALOT of people shouldn't be allowed to drive.

My response wasn't politicle, it is common sence. I am so pissed at the city I don't care what they think.. my day in court is coming.

Everything I've said to the press that was politicle was edited out. I have sugested that if the police are not going to respond we should have CCW reform... bet you haven't seen that in print http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BigAL
02-11-2005, 5:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stillbigbac:
I have sugested that if the police are not going to respond we should have CCW reform... bet you haven't seen that in print http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh...I was just about to ask why you didn't say anything about those of us who are responsible and still can't get CCW, but I see you already did that and they left it out of the article.

imported_DULLYJAY
02-11-2005, 7:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stillbigbac: If your going to draw a gun you had better pull the triger,

"Don't pull yo' thang,if you ain't go let it bang." Words from a OUTKAST song.

ivanimal
02-11-2005, 11:26 PM
I don’t pretend to have the answers to this woe; I only know that non-response is just wrong. Make the false alarm abusers pay. We already send our dollars to general services they should do their job. I agree that most people are reasonably qualified to own and use guns. If we had more gun owners the possibility of thieves picking the wrong house would escalate. Fewer thieves. Martin is right not everyone should own a gun.

leo@csuhayward.edu
02-17-2005, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Mr. Wolfe has a long history of being opportunistic and taking advantage of anything that might be a controversy to spread his venom," Wasserman said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well that's nice of the mayor...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wasserman said Wolfe will have a tough time getting one from the police chief. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

great...

maybe a recall is in order...