PDA

View Full Version : ATI Scope Mount / Bent Bolt Kit

The Sauce
09-15-2009, 9:13 PM
Hey guys, I just picked this kit up:
http://www.combathunting.com/MOSIN_NAGANT-Mosin_Nagant_Scope_Mount_System_With_Bolt_handle.h tml

It requires some drilling and tapping of the barrel to mount the rail, and some cutting, drilling and tapping to install the bent bolt kit.

Anyone know where I can get this done for a reasonable price with a reasonable turnaround time? I'm in So Cal, so anywhere in LA, OC or IE would work for me.

Thanks!

cryoguy
09-15-2009, 9:42 PM
I would use caution with this mount. make sure you have it done by a pro. Good luck. Sorry I don't know any gunsmiths

bigthaiboy
09-16-2009, 3:15 AM
Those ATI bolt conversions are really easy to mess up if you try to do it your self. You should have sent your bolt off to this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/MOSIN-NAGANT-SNIPER-BENT-BOLT-HANDLE-ECONOMY-UPGRADE_W0QQitemZ140345634988QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20ad4070ac&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You would have ended up with a much cleaner finish, and it would have looked alot more "correct".

cryoguy
09-16-2009, 6:31 AM
I tried to do mine myself. I was a machinest before enlisting into the Corps. And yes it is very easy to screw up.....

The Sauce
09-16-2009, 6:46 AM
Oh wow, I like that bolt a LOT better. Maybe i'll have that done.

But I still need someone to do the scope mount.

knucklehead0202
09-16-2009, 9:26 PM
scope mount's no big deal as long as you make sure you drill the receiver ring and not the chamber. just mark and measure, measure and mark, you'll be fine, unless you don't have a drill press and any kind of skill. it's really not that hard. as for the bolt, the screw-on one works, but is kind of cheezy. i have it but am considering the boltman's job because it looks a lot nicer and is totally solid.

mycrstuff
09-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Make sure you give the gunsmith the screws that come with the kit. I couldn't find mine when I brought the rifle in to the gunsmith so he used regular scope mount screws. Unfortunately scope mount screws are 6 x 48 while the kit uses standard 10-32 screws which are a larger diameter.

It looked great when I picked it up. I took it out to the range and couldn't figure out why my corrections to windage and elevation didn't work. I still had tight groups but they wouldn't move to where they were suppose to go. I found out why when my scope sheared off and landed on the next bench.

I tried a few weeks latter to redrill the holes out to the correct size myself. I totally messed it up with the holes off center. The only good thing is I built the rifle from a barreled receiver and have a spare.

As for the bolt there are lots of places that make them. If you use the ATI stock you need to have the handled angled to the back to fit into the grove for the handle. The only place that I know that makes one to fit the ATI stock is listed below.

http://www.buymilsurp.com/bolt-body-ati-sporter-mosin-nagant-rifles-p-78.html