PDA

View Full Version : I got my C&R, now what?

sigfan91
09-15-2009, 5:53 PM
I just got my C&R license. I made a bunch of copies before signing anything. Can I start sending them out to vendors now? Or is there something else I should wait for? I understand there's another packet coming in the mail in about 10 days. What's in it?

Futurecollector
09-15-2009, 5:58 PM
Apply for a new CC and then run it up!

Anthonysmanifesto
09-15-2009, 6:11 PM
make your log book.

Scan in a copy ( some vendors will take a high quality scan)

then find you favorite vendors and start contacting them!

dfletcher
09-15-2009, 6:27 PM
Apply for a new CC and then run it up!

I save an unsigned copy to my computer and hand held.

Why not get a COE also?

Josh3239
09-15-2009, 9:11 PM
The only downside to a COE is the price. It looks like it'll cost about $89. The plus' are unlimited handguns per month and cash and carry C&Rs at gun stores. I going to get fingerprinted and send it my application for one tomarrow. There are a couple of handguns I am looking at that won't be around forever.

Sending your FFL to Midway USA and Brownells. If your into ARs, send it to Spike's Tactical.

ke6guj
09-15-2009, 9:13 PM
The only downside to a COE is the price. It looks like it'll cost about $89. just for the first year. Renewals are ~$25.

sigfan91
09-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Faxed my C&R to MidwayUSA with email follow up. My account was set up before the end of business the next day.

About this COE thing, if I have it, does it mean I don't need to wait the 10 day period for any and all gun purchases? That might be worth it.

ke6guj
09-17-2009, 11:13 AM
About this COE thing, if I have it, does it mean I don't need to wait the 10 day period for any and all gun purchases? That might be worth it.If you have the COE (along with the C&R FFL) there is no 10-day for C&R firearm purchases from a dealer (must still DROS, but cash-and-carry after that). 10-day wait still applies to modern stuff.

You do also get an exemption to the 1-handgun-a-month law for ALL handgun purchases, C&R AND modern.