PDA

View Full Version : Does Sig's customer service suck or what?

laguns
04-21-2005, 4:21 PM
I sent Sigarms my GSR 1911 in December of 04' due to an undersize light-rail that would not hold any of the current lights without seriously rattling around. After receiving it hey informed me that my pistol would have to be replaced. I contacted them after 6 weeks went by to ask about my replacement and was told they didn’t have any to ship. I informed them that I have several in stock and suggested that they just pay me the wholesale amount. They said that that is not how they do it and for me to just wait.

Well, after several more months I realized that I had still not gotten my replacement GSR, so I called them again only to get the same story. After assuring them that we would be settling this matter in court, they miraculously found a GSR to send me.

In addition to my personal experience, I sent back two other pistols where the clients were not treated with the type of respect that we Americans have grown accustomed to.

At this point I am telling my clients that although we have any Sig you want and they are fine guns, if you have any issues with the gun, you will have to deal with them yourself. I am also suggesting that clients take a good look at some other guns before making their choice.

laguns
04-21-2005, 4:21 PM
I sent Sigarms my GSR 1911 in December of 04' due to an undersize light-rail that would not hold any of the current lights without seriously rattling around. After receiving it hey informed me that my pistol would have to be replaced. I contacted them after 6 weeks went by to ask about my replacement and was told they didn’t have any to ship. I informed them that I have several in stock and suggested that they just pay me the wholesale amount. They said that that is not how they do it and for me to just wait.

Well, after several more months I realized that I had still not gotten my replacement GSR, so I called them again only to get the same story. After assuring them that we would be settling this matter in court, they miraculously found a GSR to send me.

In addition to my personal experience, I sent back two other pistols where the clients were not treated with the type of respect that we Americans have grown accustomed to.

At this point I am telling my clients that although we have any Sig you want and they are fine guns, if you have any issues with the gun, you will have to deal with them yourself. I am also suggesting that clients take a good look at some other guns before making their choice.

LongBch_SigP226
04-21-2005, 4:57 PM
Here is what others are saying about Sig Customer Service.... (http://sigforum.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/926100542)

imported_1911_sfca
04-21-2005, 5:28 PM
My Sig GSR needed service because the recoil spring plug was too tight and it needed to be replaced.

My dealer called them and talked to someone who said they wouldn't pay the shipping there. Then it sat at my dealer for 3 weeks and they didn't follow up.

When I found this out, I called Sig, the guy on the phone was super nice, and they sent out a tag that day. The service was performed in a couple days, and my GSR was back at the dealer less than a week after it had been sent.

I was very happy with their customer service. I have called them a couple other times to ask questions, and they were very nice.

There may be some people working there who aren't very good, but my overall experience has been quite positive. Keep in mind the GSR is a first production run gun, which is guaranteed to have some difficulties. Sorry to hear that they didn't get your replacement back to you quickly, but in terms of 1911 bang for the buck in a production gun, I think it's hard to beat the GSR.

forty5r@yahoo.com
04-21-2005, 6:38 PM
I've never had a bad experience with Sig's Customer Service. In fact my experience with Sig has been quite the opposite. Every call I've made I was treated with the upmost respect. They have even provided a warranty of parts for a LEO trade in and another Sig that I had purchased used.

Sigs customer service is as reliable as their pistols. Tried and true in my book.

Josh
04-21-2005, 9:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">rattling around. After receiving it hey informed me that my pistol would have to be replaced. I contacted them after 6 weeks went by to ask about my replacement and was told they didn’t have any to ship. I informed them that I have several in stock and suggested that they just pay me the wholesale amount. They said that that is not how they do it and for me to just wait. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Word is that sig is revamping the GSR production to do it all or mostly in house and this will help solve many of the QC issues.

But I dont understand why they cant give a refund. Maybe they are not setup to do that or they just dont do that to keep profits.

Turbinator
04-22-2005, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by L.A.GUNS:
Well, after several more months I realized that I had still not gotten my replacement GSR, so I called them again only to get the same story. After assuring them that we would be settling this matter in court, they miraculously found a GSR to send me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are always at least 2 sides to every story. Not that I am doubting you, but to be fair, did you first call and tell them how crappy their products were, then expect them to jump through hoops to make you happy? Did you sound condescending, with a matter-of-fact tone when you spoke to them?

I deal with customers all day, and help most them out above and beyond the call of duty. But when I get someone on the phone who is more interested in raising voices and making accusations rather than working towards a resolution, that customer gets my "cool off" time - the issue gets tabled until the heat dies down and we can work things out rationally.

I've found that most people are reasonable; if you approach it in a sensible fashion that shows regard for the other party's concerns, you can usually get things to go your way. If you waltz in and make demands and act like the boss, they are only human too - and no one wants to be bossed around.

That being said, I don't know enough about you or your situation to pass any judgement, so please don't take it as such - I'm not even a SIG fan so I am in no way defending them. I think you are right to have customers deal with SIG directly, that is the best way to do it. After all, you aren't the one offering the warranty on the product, SIG is.

Turby