PDA

View Full Version : Reasons a CFD check could fail?

Quemtimebo
09-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi all. I just ordered a new gun from Impact in Utah, but I got a call saying that my FFL's "CFD" number was "invalid." So I called him, and the only thing he'd tell me is that "It will be cleared up by Tuesday next." Should I be looking for another FFL to receive the gun? How often does this sort of thing happen? :eek:

halifax
09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi all. I just ordered a new gun from Impact in Utah, but I got a call saying that my FFL's "CFD" number was "invalid." So I called him, and the only thing he'd tell me is that "It will be cleared up by Tuesday next." Should I be looking for another FFL to receive the gun? How often does this sort of thing happen? :eek:

Any number of reasons a CFD can be pulled:

City Business License expired

CFD Fee inspection and renewal fee not paid

COE expired

FFL expired

If you trust him, believe him. If not, find another FFL.

tenpercentfirearms
09-12-2009, 12:22 PM
It could have even been the wrong CFD number. Give them until Tuesday and if they haven't followed through, then look elsewhere.

FortCourageArmory
09-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Happened to me twice in a one-month period. First DOJ said my FFL was expired (I had sent them a copy of my ATF extention letter back in July). OK, problem solved. Then they just told me my local license was expired (sent them copies of those in August). The thing is they don't tell you they are going to yank your CFD listing. They just do it.....then hit you for a $20 re-listing fee each time. I think it's just a racket to get the $20. Or am I just being paranoid?

Quemtimebo
09-12-2009, 4:11 PM
Happened to me twice in a one-month period. First DOJ said my FFL was expired (I had sent them a copy of my ATF extention letter back in July). OK, problem solved. Then they just told me my local license was expired (sent them copies of those in August). The thing is they don't tell you they are going to yank your CFD listing. They just do it.....then hit you for a $20 re-listing fee each time. I think it's just a racket to get the $20. Or am I just being paranoid?

:iagree: Sure sounds like it. I'm beginning to think that none of this is about "public safety." It's all about revenue, revenue, revenue. Sorry it happened to you, Tim. The message from the out of state dealer sounded pretty insistent and I was starting to get worried. But I can rest easy now! My last experience with you was awesome, so I was racking my brain about what could have happened.