PDA

View Full Version : C&R Transfer/Sales

EricClay
09-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi guys,

I had a quick question that I wasn't sure on the answer. I have an M1 Garand I built up from a receiver that I'd like to give as a gift to a brother who is out of state.

Both of us are C&R/FFL03 holders. The transfer would be California->Idaho. Is this a transaction that needs to still go through a FFL01? What is the correct process for this transfer?

Thx
Eric

Mssr. Eleganté
09-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Hi guys,

I had a quick question that I wasn't sure on the answer. I have an M1 Garand I built up from a receiver that I'd like to give as a gift to a brother who is out of state.

Both of us are C&R/FFL03 holders. The transfer would be California->Idaho. Is this a transaction that needs to still go through a FFL01? What is the correct process for this transfer?

Thx
Eric

You can ship the rifle to him, you can deliver the rifle to him in person in Idaho, or he can come to California and pick it up in person. You will need a copy of his C&R FFL and both of you will need to log the transaction in your bound books.

EricClay
09-12-2009, 8:40 AM
You can ship the rifle to him, you can deliver the rifle to him in person in Idaho, or he can come to California and pick it up in person. You will need a copy of his C&R FFL and both of you will need to log the transaction in your bound books.

Thanks for the Reply. I was fairly certain this was the process. California's laws for transfers where unclear to me.

Thanks Again