PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg Newbie

09-18-2005, 9:38 PM
Hey all,

Just bought my first ShotGun a combo model number "50482"

The guy at the sporting goods store could not confirm home many shots it held total. I looked on the mossberg website and could not find the exact model number I listed above. Does any one recognize this model number and know how many she holds? I plan to use it as a dual home security and some skeet trap time on the weekends. Thanks in advance.

09-18-2005, 9:43 PM
6+1

http://valorcorp.com/products/product.asp?item=2062696

Did you get from Big 5? They are on sale right now for under $200.

09-18-2005, 9:50 PM
Gnote,

Yep I couldn't resist. I been eyeing the combo for a starter shotgun. The guy at Big 5 was unsure and the manager said "4" That didn't seem right to me. He said there was a Plug or block that I would need to remove. does that sound right?

imported_wallysparx
09-18-2005, 10:26 PM
right out of the box, there is a dowel in the mag tube that restricts the gun to 3+1 rounds. get the dowel out and you're good to go with 5+1.
my mossberg 500 18.5"/28" combo's been good to me so far.

09-19-2005, 7:50 PM
Thanks for keeping me honest wallysparx.

Mossy5:
I just shot trap last friday with my boyfriend at Prados. Its funny but we started looking at shotguns for home defense but now after shooting trap, we are both looking into shotguns for just that. The home defense is how left to his Sig and my Beretta. I love how things just work themselves out for us sometimes.

imported_wallysparx
09-19-2005, 8:03 PM
that's what's so great about the barrel combo; home defense and games in 1. when i'm on the range (tend to be over at lytle creek), the 28" reigns supreme when casually hitting clays. then a little practice with the shorty, i can put slugs into the man-torso-silhouette target with the front bead just fine. then as soon as the gun goes home, it sticks to the shorty with 5 shells in the mag.

09-20-2005, 1:00 AM
Yeah I want the dual combo capabilities, too. If I get into skeet or trap then maybe down the line I get a higher end shotgun but for now the best of both worlds...