PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shows in So.Cal. ???? Is there any good ones left????

2fast4u
04-25-2005, 6:21 PM
I went to Pomona for a few years and that is no longer going. Is there any others close to that with Deals,New Guns and Ammo?

Any info would be great!

Thanks

2fast4u
04-25-2005, 6:21 PM
I went to Pomona for a few years and that is no longer going. Is there any others close to that with Deals,New Guns and Ammo?

Any info would be great!

Thanks

LongBch_SigP226
04-25-2005, 6:45 PM
There is one in Costa Mesa (Orange County).

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm

USCG1988
04-25-2005, 7:05 PM
Ahhh the Pomona gun shows http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Boy do i miss those! If only i could roll back time to say the late 1980's.

We use to have it pretty damn good here!

USCG

2fast4u
04-25-2005, 7:59 PM
Are the Costa Mesa Shows any good? How many Tables? any good dealers? How about the Del Mar shows?

USCG1988
04-25-2005, 8:30 PM
i think i went one time in the last 10 yrs, not worth it IMO. None of them are.

If you havent been then go, at least you will see for yourself. I am sure you can get ammo and reloading equip for a good price.

delloro
04-26-2005, 8:27 AM
the costa mesa shows are 3-4 buildings plus some outside stuff. a far cry from the Pomona shows, but still its $9.00 better spent than on a movie. if nothing else, it's entertainment, but there are always some good deals out there and if we don't support these shows, they will pack up and leave.

jnojr
04-26-2005, 4:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2fast4u:
Are the Costa Mesa Shows any good? How many Tables? any good dealers? How about the Del Mar shows? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

The Crossroads gun shows are full of junk, rip-off artists, beanie babies, glass crap, etc. The only reason why I go once in a while is for ammo, cleaning supplies, accessories, and to wander around for a while. $9 to get in (but there is a $1 coupon on their website) and $7 to park (at least at Del Mar).

Ford8N
04-26-2005, 8:44 PM
The Ventura has some jems once in a while. Best time is in the first hour of the first day or the last couple of hours of the last day. But it's really hit and miss. Some shows are great for a Kali show, others are a waste except for Miwall.

stealthgoat
04-27-2005, 6:24 AM
I try to hit both Costa Mesa and Ventura a couple times a year, but it's real variable and most times I come home empty handed. I have not been to the Glendale one in a long time.
There are a lot of beanie babies and beef jerky but I found a nice swede rifle at Costa Mesa last year and just missed a Colt super 38 at Ventura - if I had not stopped for coffee and been just 10 minutes earlier that Colt would have been mine :-(