PDA

View Full Version : AB 962 on Assembly Floor NOW!

navyinrwanda
09-11-2009, 5:39 PM
This bill is being debated on the California Assembly floor at this very moment: http://www.calchannel.com/channel/live/3

GoodEyeSniper
09-11-2009, 5:43 PM
wow thanks. Great inside look

POLICESTATE
09-11-2009, 5:44 PM
Go Berryhill!! Preach it!

GoodEyeSniper
09-11-2009, 5:46 PM
Joel Anderson made some great comments that I hadn't thought of before. This bill really does attack people in Rural areas

POLICESTATE
09-11-2009, 5:48 PM
Gilmore making an excellent statement, good to see a few people that have some friggin SENSE in our legislature, oh here comes to scumbag who wrote the bill, this should be good.

kf6tac
09-11-2009, 5:48 PM
LOL.

"Can you turn on Mr. De Leon's mic, please?"

Even the techies in the Assembly aren't interested in hearing his bull.

Dr. Peter Venkman
09-11-2009, 5:49 PM
de Leon thinks it's not an attack and has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. What a tool.

09-11-2009, 5:49 PM
Nice that De Leon just flat out lied about the opposition.

kf6tac
09-11-2009, 5:50 PM
de Leon thinks it's not an attack and has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. What a tool.

So if a state were to ban the tools/medications a doctor needs to perform an abortion, that has nothing to do with banning abortions, right Mr. De Leon?

Do us all a favor and get a lobotomy already.

motorhead
09-11-2009, 5:51 PM
de leon is such a d-bag.

pdq_wizzard
no pisol ammo for a 17year old you tool

It's ok De Leon says we can buy ammo online. Oh sure, you'll just have to ship it to a FFL who will charge you a $75 transfer fee.

Dr. Peter Venkman
Lets try to demystify the myth that de Leon is not a douchebag.

PEBKAC
09-11-2009, 5:52 PM
Requiring the shipping of online purchased ammunition to a dealer ain't a compromise Mr DeLeon...:rolleyes:

nickvig
De Leon is absolutely lying right now stating someone under 21 (in his words, a 17 year old) can purchase ammunition from any gun store and purchase as much as they want. I can't believe this.

Ishoot
De Leon is a moron. Felons can't have guns already yet they do....so how is this measure supposed to stop them from buying ammo. WTF???

Nessal
Uhhh....did the video just cut out for anyone?

trashman
09-11-2009, 5:53 PM
It's ok De Leon says we can buy ammo online. Oh sure, you'll just have to ship it to a FFL who will charge you a $75 transfer fee.

Yeah what a jackass. "I've negotiated very carefully......online purchases are still permitted under this measure....you just have to pick the ammo up at a tackle shop...you have to have a face to face transaction"

--Neill

GoodEyeSniper
"this has nothing to do with guns. this has nothing to do with guns. this has nothing to do with guns. this has nothing to do with guns."

Okay, I guess banning gasoline would have nothing to do with cars either??? hack.

Oooh, here come the lies. "We have no checks and balances when it comes to purchasing ammunition."

Um, I don't think I've ever purchased handgun ammo without having to show ID...

pdq_wizzard
this sucks

POLICESTATE
09-11-2009, 5:54 PM
DeLeon makes a lame statement saying that the bill has nothing to do with guns? That is his big argument?? That's like saying a bill restricting the purchase of gasoline has nothing to do with CARS.

Another week argument on the revenue impact, yeah pal whatever, many of us will be going OUT of state to buy ammo, kiss that tax revenue goodbye.

This guy talks about giving LEO tools, he is a tool, he's not doing anything that would really stop someone from buying ammo, only catching them AFTER the fact, which we would do anyways.

The part where he says he understands gun culture is insulting. He understands nothing.

41 yes, 31 no, it passed :(

Scum bags. Time to start spamming Arnold!

trashman
Voting commencing now...

G17GUY
damn it passed

GoodEyeSniper

Yup. Al Gore must've shut off the internet because this guy was too much of a tool to stand watching.

Fate
SONOFA&%(^&#$*^%#&%

grammaton76
Gah. Passed 41/31. You know, if he were REALLY just trying to keep "17yo gang bangers" out of it, this would've been nothing more than a "show ID like when buying booze, no signature required" bill.

For the record, I just watched 2 people on an IRC channel watching this coverage, resolve they're buying reloading presses now.

scc1909
It passed 41 to 31... :(

swaits
Passed. Horrible.

navyinrwanda
09-11-2009, 5:55 PM
It just passed 41-31.

DeLeon is quite a demagogue.

Ksmash01
they frickin passed it.....

those bastards

bulgron
Crap, the video cut out. What happened?

G17GUY
09-11-2009, 5:56 PM
Start stocking up on ammo.

Maltese Falcon
Rats... the feed won't work for me.. What's happening?

Never mind... those SOBs!!!

POLICESTATE
Everyone get ready for the next big run on ammo!

bulgron
Time to light up the Governor's switchboard.

PEBKAC
Yep.

And it passed...missed it.

I guess it is time to start spamming Arnie.

Just for clarification is this the assembly or senate amended version that passed?

HondaMasterTech
I swear.

kawi ryder
09-11-2009, 5:57 PM
Wow, my CC is going to scream tonight. 10mm here I come.

CalNRA
09-11-2009, 5:59 PM
the one thing we have to keep in mind is that Arnold vetoed 1274, the mail order ammo ban, based on its barrier to commerce nature.

We need to politely, and intelligently, remind the governor that this bill contains 1274 and much much more.

Nessal
I swear.

I feel you brother.

FS00008
How the hell did it pass???

Shotgun Man
09-11-2009, 6:00 PM
...and Jesus wept.

GoodEyeSniper
09-11-2009, 6:00 PM

cliffs: california

kf6tac
09-11-2009, 6:01 PM

Are you surprised? :confused: :mad:

nickvig
09-11-2009, 6:01 PM

uhhh.....De Leon got up there and lied his you-know-what off.......

navyinrwanda
09-11-2009, 6:03 PM
Just for clarification is this the assembly or senate amended version that passed?
The final amended version (see here (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090904_amended_sen_v96.html)) passed.

It now goes to the Governor's desk for (hopefully) veto.

coolusername2007
09-11-2009, 6:03 PM
"this has nothing to do with guns. this has nothing to do with guns. this has nothing to do with guns. this has nothing to do with guns."

Okay, I guess banning gasoline would have nothing to do with cars either??? hack.

Oooh, here come the lies. "We have no checks and balances when it comes to purchasing ammunition."

Um, I don't think I've ever purchased handgun ammo without having to show ID...

He's not lying when he says this! What's his (and other liberal's) larger agenda? Think about it. This is a back door entry way to taxing the internet! This has much larger ramifications than just guns and ammo! They desperately want to tax the internet and have been working to do so for years. This may be their way in to tax everything you buy online. This state's budget is so messed up they will stop at nothing to "find" more "revenue" (taxes)!!!

joefrank64k
09-11-2009, 6:04 PM
The only ray of light is this:

Subdivision (a) shall not apply to or affect the deliveries,
transfers, or sales of, handgun ammunition to any of the following:

(6) Persons licensed as collectors of firearms pursuant to Chapter
44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States
Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto whose licensed
premises are within this state who has a current certificate of
eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice
pursuant to Section 12071.

Sub (a) is the provision effectively banning internet sales...so it's time for everyone to get their 03 FFL and COE...and BOMBARD the Governor!!!

FS00008
09-11-2009, 6:05 PM
No I'm not surprised. I'm pissed. I worked my butt off calling and e-mailing and writing letters.

These legislators, especially DeLeon, need to go.

kf6tac
09-11-2009, 6:06 PM
The only ray of light is this:

Subdivision (a) shall not apply to or affect the deliveries,
transfers, or sales of, handgun ammunition to any of the following:

(6) Persons licensed as collectors of firearms pursuant to Chapter
44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States
Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto whose licensed
premises are within this state who has a current certificate of
eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice
pursuant to Section 12071.

Sub (a) is the provision effectively banning internet sales...so it's time for everyone to get their 03 FFL and COE...and BOMBARD the Governor!!!

Problem is a lot of internet retailers probably don't want to take the time to sort out/verify FFL and COE, so they might just stop shipping to CA all together.

09-11-2009, 6:06 PM
Be sure to hit the the Office of the Governor.

http://gov.ca.gov/interact#email

09-11-2009, 6:07 PM
Problem is a lot of internet retailers probably don't want to take the time to sort out/verify FFL and COE, so they might just stop shipping to CA all together.

Exactly, look at how many dealers won't deal with the CFLC program, you think they'll deal with this garbage?

Cnynrat
09-11-2009, 6:07 PM

OK, I'm game: What does it take to get an 03 FFL and COE?

CalNRA
09-11-2009, 6:08 PM

I think the answer is pretty obvious.

See how the -D's voted, and how the -R's voted.

09-11-2009, 6:11 PM
We didn't have a chance, if they passed the original version, they were going to pass this.

I sent the emails anyway, but it's not like it was a fresh group that had never seen this legislation.

Gator Monroe
09-11-2009, 6:28 PM

bE SURE & rush down & vote Democrat in the midterms, Because there are more important issues than a hobby (Firearms) and to be a single issue voter is just wrong.

Jerkdog
09-11-2009, 6:30 PM

Already hit him up via phone and email earlier in the day. Knew this was gonna pass.

I'm hopeful that the Governator will live up to his promise to veto all bills until a real solution to the budget problems are proffered.

Gator Monroe
09-11-2009, 6:32 PM
I think the answer is pretty obvious.

See how the -D's voted, and how the -R's voted.

We need to call out posters here who vote Democrat in midterms & state elections . and make them explain why they would vote for the likes of this bills originator and Waxman & Boxer & Feinstein & others including State Reps & State Senators who voted this thing in .

wildhawker
09-11-2009, 6:40 PM
I want to see the LA c3 Chapter take a particular interest in outreach within DeLeon's district, especially during the next election cycle. Let's cause this jackass some pain.

Iffy
09-11-2009, 6:40 PM
whats the legality of transporting ammo for yourself from other states? i know more about gun laws and never looked into ammo laws since we didnt seem to have a problem. now that this is up, can i just go hit up nevada/texas/arizona and get "feed" for my mosin?

Quemtimebo
09-11-2009, 6:43 PM
What's the deadline for getting the letters to Arnold? We should show up in a rented truck with sacks full of mail from California voters and dump it all out at the doors of the capitol building.

HondaMasterTech
09-11-2009, 6:48 PM
I did't read anything about: possession ( except gangbangers ) , trafficking or out of state purchase. Only California purchase.

HondaMasterTech
09-11-2009, 6:49 PM
What's the deadline for getting the letters to Arnold? We should show up in a rented truck with sacks full of mail from California voters and dump it all out at the doors of the capitol building.

His deadline is Oct 11, I believe.

Meplat
09-11-2009, 7:00 PM
Does Gator know you are using his account Boo?

bE SURE & rush down & vote Democrat in the midterms, Because there are more important issues than a hobby (Firearms) and to be a single issue voter is just wrong.

trashman
09-11-2009, 7:04 PM
Un****ingbelievable. I am not convinced a lame-duck Governor is going to go through the trouble to veto this.

--Neill

AT'sGCSRT8
09-11-2009, 7:13 PM
Well email and fax sent to the governator.

leitung
09-11-2009, 7:13 PM
I am out of this state next year anyway.. Forget these morons..

SDgarrick
09-11-2009, 7:15 PM
We need to call out posters here who vote Democrat in midterms & state elections . and make them explain why they would vote for the likes of this bills originator and Waxman & Boxer & Feinstein & others including State Reps & State Senators who voted this thing in .

That's not really anyone's business, And I'd hope that the people on this board would have enough class to let people be. We're all upset about this bill, we're all being affected, as a collective, so let's act like one rather than call anyone out.

HondaMasterTech
09-11-2009, 7:17 PM

Right beside you.

toaster
09-11-2009, 7:20 PM

Thanks for that. Email sent.

1859sharps
09-11-2009, 7:23 PM

wow, way to make protecting our rights all the more hard. You do know some democrats (though rare these days) are better 2nd amendment supported then some Republicans.

we can't make this a republican vs democrat issue. we do, we lose our gun rights.

piglith
09-11-2009, 7:28 PM
I hope to Gawd the Governor knows what he is doing if he signs it. If this finalizes, dealers / FFL will charge what ever they want. Their reasoning will be paperwork charges or what ever. We are totally screwed. They want internet taxes. Well I think it is time to move out of this state that has born raised me.

1859sharps
09-11-2009, 7:28 PM
Un****ingbelievable. I am not convinced a lame-duck Governor is going to go through the trouble to veto this.

--Neill

a legitimate worry. However, a little history reminder, Wilson said he would sign an additional assault weapons ban, but on his way out he vetoed a very badly written one. which was later passed under Davis.

Some times lame-ducks do the right thing even if they get no gain from it. I don't know if Arnold has any eyes on becoming a US Senator. If there has even been a whisper of a possible run, then that is leverage. If not, then respectful, brief to the point and well written letters are our best bet.

we keep the pressure on Arnold, he might just veto this.

pdq_wizzard
09-11-2009, 7:31 PM

but you are still going to help fight this bill for now right? Just remember this could spread like a hookers legs.

The Nomadd
09-11-2009, 7:41 PM
So if a state were to ban the tools/medications a doctor needs to perform an abortion, that has nothing to do with banning abortions, right Mr. De Leon?

Do us all a favor and get a lobotomy already.

But, in order to get a lobotomy, wouldn't that mean he'd have to have a brain in the first place? :confused: :::Mentally pictures the scarecrow from the Wizard of oz dancing around the Assembly floor, and singing "If I only had a brain..."

KylaGWolf
09-11-2009, 7:46 PM

I didn't vote democrat. But I will say this if the Govorner signs this bill then maybe they should call out all the REPUBLICANS that voted for him.

KylaGWolf
09-11-2009, 7:47 PM
I want to see the LA c3 Chapter take a particular interest in outreach within DeLeon's district, especially during the next election cycle. Let's cause this jackass some pain.

Hell we can cause pain to all those that voted for this stupid moronic bill. :D

lomalinda
09-11-2009, 7:47 PM
"The Forty-Fifth Assembly District has been tragically plagued by gang violence. While walking neighborhoods during his first campaign De León stumbled across bullet casing on side walks just feet where children were playing and has ever since been determined to the get handgun ammunition that fuels this violence out of the hands of criminals and gang-bangers. Along with Sheriff Baca and LAPD Police Chief Bratton, De León has championed legislation to require handgun ammunition purchasers to acquire a permit showing they’ve passed a background check. The proposed legislation states that commencing July 1, 2010, unless specifically excluded, no person shall sell or transfer more than 50 rounds of handgun ammunition in any month unless he or she is registered as a handgun ammunition vendor, as defined. There are no exceptions for relatives. This bill would also legislate that no retail seller of ammunition shall sell, offer for sale, or display for sale, any handgun ammunition in a manner that allows that ammunition to be accessible to a buyer without the assistance of the retailer or employee thereof. All ammunition would have to be locked out of sight of potential customers. The bill would further provide that handgun ammunition may only be purchased in a face-to-face transaction and only if certain conditions exist, which most likely means the elimination of mail order and internet sales."

KylaGWolf
09-11-2009, 7:57 PM
"The Forty-Fifth Assembly District has been tragically plagued by gang violence. While walking neighborhoods during his first campaign De León stumbled across bullet casing on side walks just feet where children were playing and has ever since been determined to the get handgun ammunition that fuels this violence out of the hands of criminals and gang-bangers. Along with Sheriff Baca and LAPD Police Chief Bratton, De León has championed legislation to require handgun ammunition purchasers to acquire a permit showing they’ve passed a background check. The proposed legislation states that commencing July 1, 2010, unless specifically excluded, no person shall sell or transfer more than 50 rounds of handgun ammunition in any month unless he or she is registered as a handgun ammunition vendor, as defined. There are no exceptions for relatives. This bill would also legislate that no retail seller of ammunition shall sell, offer for sale, or display for sale, any handgun ammunition in a manner that allows that ammunition to be accessible to a buyer without the assistance of the retailer or employee thereof. All ammunition would have to be locked out of sight of potential customers. The bill would further provide that handgun ammunition may only be purchased in a face-to-face transaction and only if certain conditions exist, which most likely means the elimination of mail order and internet sales."

Well if he was so concerned about gang violence why not make tough no time off for good behavior laws for them instead of taking it out on law abiding citizens. Furthermore this bill is going to make ammunition harder than hell to buy. Stop and think about this how many gun shops do you know that has enough room behind the counter to put all the ammunition they have for sale? Not many so that means that those stores would no longer be allowed to sell ammunition under the new law. Here is something else he is stopping groups like the ROTC and boy scouts now of teaching their charges how to shoot since they will no longer be able to supply the ammunition for their members. Or how about you want to try your friends gun well unless you already have the ammunition you are now out of luck since your friend cannot give you any of his or her ammo. All in all he just screwed every gun owner in this state without so much as a kiss on the cheek.

lomalinda
09-11-2009, 7:58 PM
"Regarding the practice of ghost voting, De León is quoted as saying, "I don't recall it, but I don't deny it either." This was in reference to placing a vote for Assemblywoman Mary Hayashi for AB2818 without her knowledge and without her presence.[1]"

Great, this gentleman doesn't deny ghost voting, but feels no remorse at making things much harder for the millions of legal gun owners who need ammo to practice with the very tools they depend on to defend themselves and their families.

This state makes a lot of money off the work I do, which includes teaching medical students and residents, not to mention providing countless uninsured patients with free medical care.

I'll fight the good fight while I'm here, but the wife and I are already looking for jobs out of state.

De Leon and Co, remember that you drive out only the well-educated and affluent with your authoritarian actions.

But that's the point, right? To drive out those with the drive to do it themselves, so that all you're left with is a bunch of people who'd rather give up their money to someone who will "take care of them."

Meanwhile, the law-abiding won't be able to shoot, but the bangers in the 45th district will still strew the streets with empty brass and blood stains, giving you "license" to demand the registration of all civilian-owned guns.

freonr22
09-11-2009, 8:17 PM
and we sit here and take it

bodger
09-11-2009, 8:22 PM
I need to live in a state where the politicians aren't anti-gun and aren't afraid to say so.
And when they DO say they aren't anti-gun, they don't kill their political careers in the state.

California barely deserves to be called part of America anymore. I know there are good patriotic people in this state, I consider myself one of them. And I put my azz on the line in SouthEast Asia in 1972 and I have the DD214 to prove it.

The majority of the people that have managed to get themselves elected to govern this state are absolutely a disgrace.
And not just on gun control issues either.

Hunt
09-11-2009, 8:29 PM
and we sit here and take it

we don't have to take it, we need to learn from the left. How did they end up
in the featherbed? I call, I write letters that's not enough. This TEA Party thing is looking real good. Pick some organization that gets gov't grant money to promote socialism, infiltrate them, get the dirt, take 'em down. We can't act like girlscouts and then whine 'cause we are losing.

hill billy
09-11-2009, 8:31 PM
How many of you will commit with me to do whatever is necessary to oust DeLeon in the next election? Get down to East LA and make a difference. The gloves are off, Lie, cheat, do the same things he does and kick him to the curb before he tries for some higher office.

bodger
09-11-2009, 8:38 PM
This undercover thing that recently outed ACORN is an example of that type of activism.

But hell, I have a business to run and mouths to feed. Apart from writing letters and sending e-mails and faxes, I just don't have the time and money to devote to turning myself into an anti-gun control advocate.

And will we win? Ever?

Gene and others that know a lot more than I do on the subject remain optimistic.
I see these insidious uninformed slimes like DeLeon and Der Feuer authoring complete nonsense legislation that will have no deterrent effect on gun crime, all the while furthering their political careers, and I just cannot grasp that we are making real headway that will result in gun laws in California that resemble those of free states.

We don't seem to be able to stay even, much less gain ground.

"GHOST VOTING!!??" THAT'S how some of this crap gets Aye votes???

It would be more constitutional to allow the members of CalGuns in there to cast votes.

Something called "Ghost Voting" is denigrating our RTKB?

Friggin' communism.

freonr22
09-11-2009, 8:44 PM
we don't have to take it, we need to learn from the left. How did they end up
in the featherbed? I call, I write letters that's not enough. This TEA Party thing is looking real good. Pick some organization that gets gov't grant money to promote socialism, infiltrate them, get the dirt, take 'em down. We can't act like girlscouts and then whine 'cause we are losing.

Honestly I did write the letters, Do you gentle Calguns people that is makes a difference? I wish/hope it does, but based on the voting it does not seem so. maybe there will be olb's off list bullets

cmaynes
09-11-2009, 8:58 PM
I record sound for films and games, and have had to provide ammunition for my shoots on more than one occasion. I sent my Rep, Paul Krekorian a letter saying that I was going to have to move all that work to Nevada (taking about 180K worth of business per year out of California) and that I was also not going to support any re-election bid he might make.

It wasnt much but it was all I could do.

addiction
09-11-2009, 9:18 PM
DeLeon makes a lame statement saying that the bill has nothing to do with guns? That is his big argument??

this was DeLeon's effort to claim it does not infringe on the 2nd amendment, some one need to tell DeLeon that the second amendment does not say

"A well regulated Milita being necessary to the secruity of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear guns, shall not be infringed"

I says

"A well regulated Milita being necessary to the secruity of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

The right is not that I get to keep my Guns is not infringed, but that I can keep and bear "ARMS" a gun without ammo is a club, not an "ARM"

Nxd9ar15xcrL
09-11-2009, 9:21 PM
I thought that this was a Representative Republic....
.... I don't feel very Represented.

So much for my letters... Maybe the Governator will hold true. :willy_nilly:

Gator Monroe
09-11-2009, 9:36 PM
wow, way to make protecting our rights all the more hard. You do know some democrats (though rare these days) are better 2nd amendment supported then some Republicans.

we can't make this a republican vs democrat issue. we do, we lose our gun rights.

Total Fud , especially in this state (Voting Democrat is voting anti ) .

jjperl
09-11-2009, 9:40 PM
Total Fud , especially in this state (Voting Democrat is voting anti ) .

I fully agree with you.

bodger
09-11-2009, 9:49 PM
I fully agree with you.

I also agree.

Faxes, e-mails and phone calls are all well and good and I made them myself during this "legislation"

But the anti-gun politicians don't give a damn about them. Unless they begin to see a trend in the polls (and subsequent possible votes) that would indicate that their pro position on gun control might just cost them an election.

Mike Feuer's district? DeLeon's district? They have NOTHING to worry about. They can introduce the most absurd crap gun laws anyone ever saw and it will HELP their career because their voter base hears "gun law" and thinks "safer children" and they score yet another point for their tenure.

Fuggedaboutit. Sorry. But Fuggedaboutit.

nickvig
09-11-2009, 10:12 PM
It's also quite obvious that NONE of the senators and assembly personnel even know what the current laws are. The person who spoke third or fourth to last, from San Diego County, said that this type of law would be beneficial for large cities such as Los Angeles. Well guess what, WE ALREADY GET FINGERPRINTED AND CHECKED FOR ID IN LOS ANGELES CITY WHEN WE BUY AMMO.

Personally, I don't care about giving my ID or fingerprint to buy the ammo, I'm used to that requirement already where I live, but it's absolutely ridiculous to tell me I can't buy something from an out of state vendor that I can't get here. Regardless of what that item is, ammo, cars, computers, whatever.

And De Leon's comment about adding the provision to be able to order from the internet and pick it up in person is ridiculous. When are they going to revise the bill again? He's a complete liar.

cbn620
09-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Finding ammunition casings on the ground, of course, is a sure indicator that those casings were from ammo bought at Wal-Mart and were fired from a gun to kill children-- and so we must rally to pass laws that will not prevent children from being killed nor will prevent gangbangers from buying ammo illegally.

This is nonsense. Repeal at least half the laws on the books and enforce what's left. Gun violence is a social issue like alcoholism and drug abuse. We don't solve it by banning what we don't like. We tried banning alcohol, look what that did for us. We spend billions to fight a war on drugs, but now all these years later the drugs are more potent and easier to get. When are these people going to learn?

freonr22
09-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Are you ****ing serious? You post this **** in all these threads, but what are you going to do? You're gonna email, call, fax, and then sit there and take it like a *****. Stop trying to stir up **** and getting more people in trouble.

Originally Posted by freonr22 file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/PCMECH%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=3050772#post3050772)
Hey I posted in the 3 threads on PURPOSE. I am so MAD Right now. I know the Calgunners are doing something. I UNDERSTAND I am one of US. BUT as a WHOLE, US AMERICANS, US CALIFORNIANS, ARE SITTING on our Butt. WE are not out in the streets, (if that would even be the right thing. We are not doing a Million man march. we are typing on our computers and complaining. So we send emails. SO

WE NEED TO GET OFF OUR BUTTS AND DO SOMETHING. HOW ABOUT A CALGUNS (I MEAN ALL CALGUNS) go to Sacremento and protest. I will, WILL YOU? WHO IS WITH me????

The other side does it. they even pay people to goto town halls, to protest. I pm'd Dirty j this right now:

"I mean no disrespect to you or anyone, I am trying to get people motivated, what is your thought? what we are doing is not working. what is your commitment? I am not trying in any way to be an ***. whats is your solution? I am open. my cell # is 408.898.6423
paul

Purple K
09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Where/how can we find out who voted for/against this? Remember this at the next election.

bodger
09-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Finding ammunition casings on the ground, of course, is a sure indicator that those casings were from ammo bought at Wal-Mart and were fired from a gun to kill children-- and so we must rally to pass laws that will not prevent children from being killed nor will prevent gangbangers from buying ammo illegally.

This is nonsense. Repeal at least half the laws on the books and enforce what's left. Gun violence is a social issue like alcoholism and drug abuse. We don't solve it by banning what we don't like. We tried banning alcohol, look what that did for us. We spend billions to fight a war on drugs, but now all these years later the drugs are more potent and easier to get. When are these people going to learn?

Indeed.
If there was ANY evidence that these absurd laws actually decrease gun crime, it might be a different situation.

It would appear to me that CalGuns is comprised of a membership that is responsible with their guns, safe with their guns, and as unpalatable as it is, are willing to comply with the laws regarding gun ownership and usage.
We are reasonable, responsible men and women.

If it could be proven that a bill such as AB962 would actually reduce crime, consistently, and kept guns and ammo out of the hands of bad guys, I would bet that most of us would reluctantly admit that this type of legislation is a necessity for the times in which we live.

But, since that is not the case, we see these laws for what they are, which is at this point, just a lot of PC garbage that creates the illusion that DeLeon and others are protecting the poor ignorant huddled masses.

They will not stop until they either have our guns or make us all criminals for owning the guns they are too afraid to come and take.

freonr22
09-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Where/how can we find out who voted for/against this? Remember this at the next election.

its too late thate horses already got out of the corral, why close the gate they are gone. go get more horses

SDgarrick
09-14-2009, 1:57 PM
What are the various practial/realist ways to organize. If we do not organize, then we will not make an impact. Freonr22 is correct in that all this really amounts to is a bunch of text. We need a display, perhaps one in LA, one in SD and one in Sac. all the same day, get some media attention. I would drive the 100 miles to Sac to meet with a few hundred of you. We might not scare deleon, but we are voicing our anger. This is a necesary step.

freonr22
09-14-2009, 2:00 PM
I do not have the capability to organize, but I can assist... who is gonna head up the group buy i mean organize?

SDgarrick
09-14-2009, 2:14 PM
I can be in sac town this weekend. Lets just see if this thing snowballs on it's own. anyone else that's in just say so, maybe we can keep a running count.

D53
09-14-2009, 2:20 PM
I can be in sac town this weekend. Lets just see if this thing snowballs on it's own. anyone else that's in just say so, maybe we can keep a running count.

I'm in.

motorhead
09-14-2009, 2:27 PM

votes are at the bottom. note that the ayes are almost entirely democrats. it's time to stop being so friggin p.c. and call it like it is. let's drive a stake through the evil black heart of the democratic party in ca, now and forever. we can blame our budget woes directly on the tax and spend libs and use that to drive them from office next year (or sooner). recall petitions would carry even more weight. face it, democrats are responsible for all the nanny-state laws.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery

Grakken
09-14-2009, 3:01 PM
oh yeah, another bill that we will need to spend 5 years to get overturned (if ever), meanwhile they'll just continue to pass more laws until none of us own anything...and the Judas of this board will continue to vote these fools in.

but we can't sit here and call them out because well your post gets deleted. I hope at least you are getting something out of this change.

If the Gov vetoes this, it will be a major upset.

for every 2-3 bills we get stopped, 2-3 more make it through. eventually, they will have passed everything, and we will have nothing to post about here.

jnojr
09-14-2009, 3:10 PM
http://gov.ca.gov/interact#contact

PEBKAC
09-14-2009, 3:50 PM
If I can find an easy way to get up there I may be in. We'll see, but don't count on me being there. Life happens, etc. :(

KaTooM
09-14-2009, 4:28 PM
Just e-mailed the Swartz....

SDgarrick
09-15-2009, 10:34 AM
I'd offer a ride to others living in the Butte county area, but my ride is a motorbike. any others living north of Sac, maybe we can all carpool, save resources, make it a bit easier for people to get involved?

bodger
09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
oh yeah, another bill that we will need to spend 5 years to get overturned (if ever), meanwhile they'll just continue to pass more laws until none of us own anything...and the Judas of this board will continue to vote these fools in.

but we can't sit here and call them out because well your post gets deleted. I hope at least you are getting something out of this change.

If the Gov vetoes this, it will be a major upset.

for every 2-3 bills we get stopped, 2-3 more make it through. eventually, they will have passed everything, and we will have nothing to post about here.

It's a situation where there is hope and talk of one step forward, and hard reality of two steps back in the meantime.

We WILL lose out guns in this state eventually unless there is major upheaval in how gun laws are perceived by the majority voters.

Right now, it is clear that anything that restricts firearms in the state of CA is viewed as a good thing by the dolts who continue to conrol us. Be they voters or legislators or others in power.

I continue in the fight, and will do so even though I have had it with crap and I am moving my business and my family to a free state.

I'll continue to support the fight in hopes that this denigration of our Constitutional rights doesn't spread past the borders of this toxic joke we call California.

HondaMasterTech
09-15-2009, 1:30 PM
It's a situation where there is hope and talk of one step forward, and hard reality of two steps back in the meantime.

We WILL lose out guns in this state eventually unless there is major upheaval in how gun laws are perceived by the majority voters.

Right now, it is clear that anything that restricts firearms in the state of CA is viewed as a good thing by the dolts who continue to conrol us. Be they voters or legislators or others in power.

I continue in the fight, and will do so even though I have had it with crap and I am moving my business and my family to a free state.

I'll continue to support the fight in hopes that this denigration of our Constitutional rights doesn't spread past the borders of this toxic joke we call California.

+3.

Spacestuff4me
09-15-2009, 3:34 PM
I just heard back from Assyman Jeffries and here's his response about who to contact about this bill.

Mr. Holt,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the legislation in Sacramento that would infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms. I share your support of that right and have consistently voted to protect law-abiding gun owners during my time in the legislature.

Unfortunately, my position is still the minority in the Assembly, and while I voted against AB 962, which will severely restrict ammunition sales, and SB 585, which will prohibit events at which firearms or ammunition are sold on the state property known as the Cow Palace, both passed out of the Senate and Assembly and are now awaiting the Governor’s signature. I urge you to contact his office at 916-445-2841 and encourage him to veto these bills.

Thank you again for contacting me, and I hope you will continue to let me know of any further issues of concern in the future.

Sincerely,

Kevin Jeffries

Assemblyman, 66th District

Diabolus
09-15-2009, 3:59 PM
I pressed #2 @ 916-445-2841

SgtDinosaur
09-15-2009, 4:03 PM
We will never make any progress regaining our lost rights through the political process in this state. We can, however, make progress via the courts. It's a lot slower but at least it is feasible.

HondaMasterTech
09-15-2009, 4:15 PM
For your sake I hope you're right.

bodger
09-16-2009, 6:23 AM
We will never make any progress regaining our lost rights through the political process in this state. We can, however, make progress via the courts. It's a lot slower but at least it is feasible.

Trying to stem the flow, or even reverse it, via the courts is a slow tedious process. And while it's creeping along, they'll pass enough crap laws like
AB962 to keep us busy for another decade trying to unwind them.

In the case of AB962, meanwhile, we'll be starving for ammo and paying through the nose for what we do manage to find. Or driving out of state to get it, which as far as I know will still be legal, and defeats the purpose of DeLeon's idiotic bill anyway, whilst robbong CA of tax revenue.

I wonder if things will actually be better for CA gunnies in five years.

I'm still contacting the Gov every day multiple times. But my hope for freedom in CA is nearly gone. If Arnie signs this bill, I don't even know what to hope for.

SDgarrick
09-17-2009, 2:47 PM
So... no one is even interested in physically going and making a presence?

just a few of us? what good are phone calls and letters, if they can comfortably ignore them. Lets make a showing, lets get media attention. This issue needs more attention, we've already failed, the bill passed and is waiting signature. now we need to appeal to a greater audience than CGN, we need to let people who don't follow this stuff know what AB 962 is all about. we need to get the casual gun owners, the uninformed, the moderates, the majority of CA.

So I ask again, anyone down to make any noise in sac town this weekend?

obeygiant
09-17-2009, 3:41 PM
So... no one is even interested in physically going and making a presence?

just a few of us? what good are phone calls and letters, if they can comfortably ignore them. Lets make a showing, lets get media attention. This issue needs more attention, we've already failed, the bill passed and is waiting signature. now we need to appeal to a greater audience than CGN, we need to let people who don't follow this stuff know what AB 962 is all about. we need to get the casual gun owners, the uninformed, the moderates, the majority of CA.

So I ask again, anyone down to make any noise in sac town this weekend?

If you really want to make a difference then contact DedEye and volunteer at the Cow Palace Gun show. You would have the ability to garner support from hundreds if not thousands of people in a single days event.

EVENT: COW PALACE GUN SHOW
DATE: Sept 19-20, 2009
TIME: •Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; •Sunday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
VENUE INFO: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/sh...es.htm#sanfran
REGIONAL COORDINATOR: bplvr

**CREW**
COORDINATOR: DedEye
CREW:

Saturday: All day: Stormfeather, MrNiceGuy, Lateralus, QuarterBoreGunner, blisster, Ivanimal (8-12), JDberger (8-12), B Strong (8-12), Ghost (12-3), SJGunGuy24 (12-5), Librarian (12-5), VladButsky (Saturday afternoon preferred)

Sunday: All day: Lateralus, Marshaul (tentative), TheDrickel (12-5), Oaklander (12-5)

In but shifts unscheduled/tentative: Berto (needs ride from Berkeley), Steyr_223, Dr. Peter Venkman, Movie_Zombie, TheMPOPresence, Hoffmang, Bwiese

Sunday just got a bit thinner as a result of folks changing to work the J&R Customer Appreciation day. Can any of the unscheduled/tentative people chime in on whether you are still planning to come, and if you are available on Sunday?

natasha69
09-17-2009, 4:14 PM
If you really want to make a difference then contact DedEye and volunteer at the Cow Palace Gun show. You would have the ability to garner support from hundreds if not thousands of people in a single days event.

We should literally make handouts or signs with instructions on them. Second grade instructions like we have on the forum.

TELL THE GOVERNOR TO VETO AB962 - Ammunition Restriction Bill
Step 1: 916-445-2841
Step 2: Press 1 for English.
Step 3: Press 2 for commenting on a bill on the Governor’s desk
Step 4: Press 2 for AB962
Step 5: Press 2 for Oppose
Step 6: Repeat as necessary (preferably once or twice a day).

Repeat for Cow Palace Bill (more pertinent considering the location of the gun show).

I cannot be there but I'd be happy to donate $$ towards copies/signage.

SickofSoCal
09-17-2009, 4:29 PM
Beers on me if it get's vetoed...........

eljBRD
09-17-2009, 9:55 PM
Trying to stem the flow, or even reverse it, via the courts is a slow tedious process. And while it's creeping along, they'll pass enough crap laws like
AB962 to keep us busy for another decade trying to unwind them.

In the case of AB962, meanwhile, we'll be starving for ammo and paying through the nose for what we do manage to find. Or driving out of state to get it, which as far as I know will still be legal, and defeats the purpose of DeLeon's idiotic bill anyway, whilst robbong CA of tax revenue.

I wonder if things will actually be better for CA gunnies in five years.

I'm still contacting the Gov every day multiple times. But my hope for freedom in CA is nearly gone. If Arnie signs this bill, I don't even know what to hope for.
dude.. totally on!.. drive to nevada and buy as much as you can carry in your car!... there always is loopholes to gun laws.. just like with the OLL movement...we will find a way.

7x57
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
there always is loopholes to gun laws.. just like with the OLL movement...we will find a way.

Wrong. CA's laws are porous because Sacramento is not only anti-gun, it is basically incompetent. It is also new to this game--CA was not an ant-gun state within living memory. Go look at the laws in the states and cities that are *good* at it--Hawaii, Chicago, New York. They are competent at being evil, and thus their firearms laws are not nearly so "gameable."

We got lucky in CA, basically. We have to win at a more fundamental level (i.e. Heller, Nordyke, Sykes, Pena, ...) before we get some competent anti-gun leadership in Sacramento or they just slowly get it right by blind luck.

7x57

obeygiant
09-18-2009, 12:07 PM
We should literally make handouts or signs with instructions on them. Second grade instructions like we have on the forum.

Repeat for Cow Palace Bill (more pertinent considering the location of the gun show).

I cannot be there but I'd be happy to donate $$ towards copies/signage.

I agree. I'm not in the Sacramento area but I could contribute $$ towards making this happen. I'm thinking 1/4 sheet flyers, so 4 to a page. We need to get DedEye in the loop on this or Wildhawker and see what is already being done to make sure that we're not duplicating an existing effort.

natasha69
09-18-2009, 12:31 PM
I agree. I'm not in the Sacramento area but I could contribute $$ towards making this happen. I'm thinking 1/4 sheet flyers, so 4 to a page. We need to get DedEye in the loop on this or Wildhawker and see what is already being done to make sure that we're not duplicating an existing effort.

The ammo vendors at the cow palace should hand out these small fliers at their tables. Is there anything that disallows that (gun show and/or cow palace rulse)? We'd just need a proof copy, email it to a local cow palace kinko's near daly city, and then have someone who is going distribute them to the various vendors at the gun show.

/agreed though regarding duplilcating effort.

jdberger
09-18-2009, 3:28 PM
I have to see if the booth is a CGN or a CGF entity. If it's a CGF entity we might run into some issues with the 501(c)3 status....

Then again, that may only relate to the endorsement of candidates.....

Too busy to check right now.

If it's OK I'll print them up myself (someone would have to send me a word doc or a pdf).

freonr22
09-19-2009, 6:44 PM
BUMP

Okami
09-19-2009, 7:19 PM
Done!:chris:

Boo_Radley
09-23-2009, 10:33 AM

Done multiple times. Thanks for simplifying the process.