PDA

View Full Version : We need a carry flowchart:

wash
09-11-2009, 4:40 PM
With so many threads and opinions so strong, we need a flowchart for carrying a weapon.

The AW flowchart is great, but this one needs to go further. It needs to assume police contact and cover legal hassles and costs that may result including seizure of weapons.

Some of the choices:

concealed/open carry

loaded/unloaded

pistol/rifle

registered/unregistered

unincorporated/within city limits

school zone or not

alone or in a group

are you a gang member

are you a felon

do you have a voice recorder

do the cops turn it off

does a BART cop shoot you accidentally

is the media present

I'm sure there should be a lot more. Every scenario should be followed through to the logical conclusion including political ramifications.

I think this might be a good way to get certain people to understand how the various forms of carry can impact the struggle of restoring our gun rights.

kf6tac
09-11-2009, 4:43 PM
LOL, does a BART cop shoot you accidentally. Nice. Should also add, "Does a cop taze you, bro?"

gose
09-11-2009, 4:47 PM
do you want to carry a gun?
I
Yes
I
Can you get a CCW in your county? - No -> Tough luck
I
Yes
I
Get a CCW

I think that pretty much covers it

MudCamper
09-11-2009, 4:54 PM
I think this might be a good way to get certain people to understand how the various forms of carry can impact the struggle of restoring our gun rights.

I think some trolls just don't know when to give it a rest.

wildhawker
09-11-2009, 5:14 PM
Oh God, not another flowchart :eek:

ETA: The CCC outreach side is currently working to produce some fairly comprehensive printed reference material for mass production and distribution (slated for late 2009). It would be great to roll this into that realm so we're not duplicating efforts.

Meplat
09-12-2009, 1:05 PM
I can fill in the last box already.

GO TO JAIL

GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL

DO NOT PASS GO [CENTER][SIZE="6"]

[SIZE="6"][CENTER]FORFIT 20,000 DOLLARS

With so many threads and opinions so strong, we need a flowchart for carrying a weapon.

The AW flowchart is great, but this one needs to go further. It needs to assume police contact and cover legal hassles and costs that may result including seizure of weapons.

Some of the choices:

concealed/open carry

loaded/unloaded

pistol/rifle

registered/unregistered

unincorporated/within city limits

school zone or not

alone or in a group

are you a gang member

are you a felon

do you have a voice recorder

do the cops turn it off

does a BART cop shoot you accidentally

is the media present

I'm sure there should be a lot more. Every scenario should be followed through to the logical conclusion including political ramifications.

Blue
09-12-2009, 1:08 PM
:rofl2: