PDA

View Full Version : Going to Angeles on Sunday: Yes, It's Open.

TheCilician
09-11-2009, 10:17 AM
It's open, stop the damn discussion...it's open, it's open, it's open.

Also, I'll be trying out my new Mosin that day, but Have a lack of ammo.

If anyone has some rounds they wouldn't mind selling off: 50 rnds....100 rnds or to trade for 7.62X39....let me know, I would really appreciate the help.

I'll be wearing my Calguns shirt, so if you spot me...come say Hi.

:chris: I'm tall, white and devilishly good looking :43:

Black Majik
09-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Our group will be there as well. :)

AlliedArmory
09-11-2009, 10:35 AM
There is hardly a day when Black Majik isn't there :)

TheCilician
09-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Our group will be there as well. :)

Sounds good man :cool2:

peekay331
09-11-2009, 10:42 AM
do you know if they're open Saturday? Or is Sunday the first day they're re-opening? Thanks.

I also have some 7.62x54R that I can sell you. I don't remember how many rounds I have, probably about 100-200rds. Good stuff, if I recall correctly, it's Czech and silver-tipped.

l_Z_l
09-11-2009, 10:45 AM
cool...i can try my uspc 9 w/ the steels now...

TheCilician
09-11-2009, 10:55 AM
do you know if they're open Saturday? Or is Sunday the first day they're re-opening? Thanks.

I also have some 7.62x54R that I can sell you. I don't remember how many rounds I have, probably about 100-200rds. Good stuff, if I recall correctly, it's Czech and silver-tipped.

They've been open for a week, I'll be going Saturday for a PPT....but make sure that you do not take the Osbourne exit. It still might be closed, just exit about a mile south of the the Osbourne exit.

That ammo sounds good man, as long as it's not Bi-metal/magnetic, i'm game to buy. Thanks man, let me know.

Black Majik
09-11-2009, 11:09 AM
There is hardly a day when Black Majik isn't there :)

As long as there isn't a fire. :)

Dave, will you guys be there this sunday?

CalLongGunner
09-11-2009, 2:43 PM
They've been open for a week, I'll be going Saturday for a PPT....but make sure that you do not take the Osbourne exit. It still might be closed, just exit about a mile south of the the Osbourne exit.

That ammo sounds good man, as long as it's not Bi-metal/magnetic, i'm game to buy. Thanks man, let me know.

IIRC Czech Silver tip is magnetic...The only non-magnetic surplus 54R I've found is Yugo.

Besides being magnetic, the Czech silver-tip is also supposed to be the most accurate. I can't wait until winter and they lift the magnetoban.

But with a big fire at their doorstep, I cant blame them.

AlliedArmory
09-11-2009, 2:50 PM
As long as there isn't a fire. :)

Dave, will you guys be there this sunday?

Nah not Sunday. Going to go Tuesday probably to test out my new AK. Weekdays are great. Plenty of open benches etc.

Eric won't be shooting much in the near future as well. He and his wife are expecting their 1st baby in Oct.

I just got the Wolff 18.5lb recoil spring to try out in my Kimber too. I was still having the FTF problems with any ammo other than WWB. I was messaged by a few nice members here to try that spring kit. So definitely worth a try.

CSACANNONEER
09-11-2009, 2:51 PM

I think it's magnetic.

I thought it was Sunday not Saturday. BTW, I'll see if I can find any non-magnetic ammo tomorrow at the Ventura show.

I can't wait until winter and they lift the magnetoban.

I didn't think they ever lift the ban???

TheCilician
09-11-2009, 3:40 PM
I thought it was Sunday not Saturday. BTW, I'll see if I can find any non-magnetic ammo tomorrow at the Ventura show.

Heyy Buddy,

Yeah I have a FTF on Saturday too. .22 marlin from a guy that can only meet on Saturday. We are still on for Sunday =) no worries.

Thanks for the ammo, I can reimburse.

BamBam-31
09-11-2009, 4:21 PM
Yeah, me, Black Majik, and Beetle Bailey will be there this Sunday. Probably over on the pistol/shotgun/rifle side.

TheCicilian, if you still need non-magnetic 7.62x54r by then, shoot me a PM. I may have a few boxes lying about. :)

mydangpleeze
09-11-2009, 5:34 PM
fyi, osborne exit was open today....nothing out of the ordinary.

peekay331
09-11-2009, 5:36 PM

cool, I will check tonight to see if it's magnetic. I'll PM you the results.

Black Majik
09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah, me, Black Majik, and Beetle Bailey will be there this Sunday. Probably over on the pistol/shotgun/rifle side.

TheCicilian, if you still need non-magnetic 7.62x54r by then, shoot me a PM. I may have a few boxes lying about. :)

Looks like Kevin is confirmed as well, meeting us up there.

I can't wait... it's been too long since our last trip up there.

Enzyme
09-12-2009, 10:36 PM
What time are people planning on showing up?

Black Majik
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Hey Chris,

We'll be on the rifle side at noon'ish

CSACANNONEER
09-12-2009, 10:57 PM

I hope to be on the rifle side between 9 and 10.

Enzyme
09-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I hope to see you all there. I need to function test a pair of .22s and zero the backup carbine.