PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot S.G. besides trap and skeet?

wheelgunner
10-09-2005, 4:13 AM
Is there a place around the San Francisco area that has tactical shotgun shooting? (That isn't a class)

So far all I have found is trap and skeet, it is fun, however its not what the combat shotgun is for.

Dan

10-09-2005, 7:43 AM
i think the chabot gun club has something involving combat shotguns...
wwww.chabotgunclub.com

10-09-2005, 8:31 AM
Yes, it sure does, but you have to use steel shot.

dwtt
10-09-2005, 7:11 PM
Lake Chabot puts on a 3-gun match every 1st and 5th sundays of the month. It rotates between shotgun, carbine, pistol, and precision rifle. On the shotgun weekend, you can get a chance to unload an entire magazine of shells and see how fast you can reload. It's a laid back atmosphere and quite fun. Bring birdshot, buck shot, and slugs. Details are on the Lake Chabot range web site.

10-09-2005, 7:15 PM
Reed's Indoor Range (101, near SJC airport) allows shotguns, with all lead ammo (no steel because of ricochets). I've shot 12 gauge buckshot and slugs, and .410 bore birdshot and slugs there.

Target Masters (Milpitas, behind the PD) allows shotguns, but only birdshot (I think #8 and #9 only), and only lead. I've only shot the .410 there.

Don't know about any other ranges in the bay area, just haven't tried.

sargenv
11-07-2005, 8:56 PM
Richmond Hotshots hold 2-gun matches a few times a year. Do a google search on Richmond Hotshots and there should be ample info there.

Vince