PDA

View Full Version : Between Now and Midnight Friday Are Critical - Ammo

hoffmang
09-09-2009, 11:50 PM
In the next 48 hours - until probably midnight Friday - it is critical that we light up the phones in Sacramento. I'll be calling the lists provided by both NRA and Calgunners of California Senators to stop both the Cow Palace bill and the Internet Ammo bill.

I'm also going to drive up and be physically present at the Legislature late on Friday if session goes late.

If we can stop these bills at the end of this week, they're likely gone for good!

Update at 9/10, 8:50PM.

The Cow Palace bill passed and the Ammo Bill has moved to the Assembly. Keep the pressure up in the Assembly and start to focus on the Governor's office for the Cow Palace bill.

-Gene

ivanimal
09-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Act now!

http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml#contactinfo

When the page opens, click on the appropriate legislative links, enter and send your messages.

IMPORTANT! Note that your messages will go to all senators or assembly members, as applicable, but it will not be apparent to the recipients that these are mass e-mails. Therefore please address your message to "Dear Assembly Member (or Senator)" instead of personalizing it to any one individual.

Also, ignore the $19.99 charge notice. It is aimed at anti-gunners, and does not apply to us.

FreedomIsNotFree
09-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Done. C'mon folks...it doesn't get any easier than this.

CnCFunFactory
09-10-2009, 12:25 AM
that was super painless. Has this application been around a while?

smokingloon
09-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Act now!

When the page opens, click on the appropriate legislative links, enter and send your messages.

IMPORTANT! Note that your messages will go to all senators or assembly members, as applicable, but it will not be apparent to the recipients that these are mass e-mails. Therefore please address your message to "Dear Assembly Member (or Senator)" instead of personalizing it to any one individual.

Also, ignore the $19.99 charge notice. It is aimed at anti-gunners, and does not apply to us.

That made things so much easier. E-mails sent.

Nessal
09-10-2009, 1:02 AM
Emails sent! Seriously people, it cant get any easier than this! Protect your freedoms!

technique
09-10-2009, 1:13 AM
Anyone kind enough to give a brief outline of or a generic message for those of us who can't compose a sentence without ****ing cussing:o

anthonyca
09-10-2009, 1:51 AM
Act now!

Thank you for that. My inbox just went nuts with auto responses.

anthonyca
09-10-2009, 1:56 AM
I also just sent a link to this page to some friends. It would be nice if other people did also.

colossians323
09-10-2009, 4:23 AM
emails really are painless, it is the responses that are automated that will make you gag:eek:

otteray
09-10-2009, 4:57 AM
Anyone kind enough to give a brief outline of or a generic message for those of us who can't compose a sentence without ****ing cussing:o

I just write the same short and sweet thing that I tell them on the phone:

" As a voter in the District of (the Rep., Senator or whoever,) I urge him /her not to support this bill (give bill number). Thank You."

jmlivingston
09-10-2009, 5:45 AM
Sent one-clicks last night, as well as messages via the personal websites of my local reps. Will do so again today.

sd_shooter
09-10-2009, 5:53 AM
What if I don't use Microsoft Outlook? I'm getting an error since Firefox is trying to open Outlook when I click the links. The "one click" links are really something like "mailto:xxxyyy@muzzleenergy.com" - can I just paste that email address into my email program and everything will still work?

Thanks,

Sawdust
09-10-2009, 6:09 AM
Email blast sent.

Sawdust

EastBayRidge
09-10-2009, 6:24 AM
What if I don't use Microsoft Outlook? I'm getting an error since Firefox is trying to open Outlook when I click the links. The "one click" links are really something like "mailto:xxxyyy@muzzleenergy.com" - can I just paste that email address into my email program and everything will still work?

Thanks,

Yes. You can copy and paste it into gmail or similar.

cj1026
09-10-2009, 6:46 AM
This was so easy I did it from my crackberry. Gotta love it.

H Paul Payne
09-10-2009, 7:12 AM
I received this from NRA-ILA CA State Liaison Ed Worley (in the Capitol) last night.

------------
Calif Leg Update 9-9-09 8:30PM PST

No action on AB962 Handgun Ammo on the Senate Floor

On The Assembly Floor SB585 gun show Ban passed 41 Yes - 28 NO. It must go to the Senate for a final vote
------------

Please call the State Senators and urge them to VOTE NO on AB962 and SB585. Go to http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs/sen.shtml for the phone numbers of the Senators.

Both of these bills are on the Senate Floor and could be voted on at any time so it is important to continue to keep the pressure on the Senate.

Please call every State Senator that you are able to call.

CROSS-POST THIS ALERT TO EVERY FIREARMS OWNER, ON-LINE FORUM, AND EMAIL LIST YOU KNOW OF!!

Paul

>>>>>>>>>>

H. Paul Payne
NRA Liaison to the Executive Vice President
3565 La Ciotat Way
Riverside, CA 92501
(951) 683-4NRA Office
(951) 779-0740 Fax
nrausmc@earthlink.net Email

Fighting for the restoration and preservation of the Second Amendment, right here in California, since 1989!

>>>>>>>>>

6172crew
09-10-2009, 7:32 AM
I received this from NRA-ILA CA State Liaison Ed Worley (in the Capitol) last night.

------------
Calif Leg Update 9-9-09 8:30PM PST

No action on AB962 Handgun Ammo on the Senate Floor

On The Assembly Floor SB585 gun show Ban passed 41 Yes - 28 NO. It must go to the Senate for a final vote
------------

Please call the State Senators and urge them to VOTE NO on AB962 and SB585. Go to http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs/sen.shtml for the phone numbers of the Senators.

Both of these bills are on the Senate Floor and could be voted on at any time so it is important to continue to keep the pressure on the Senate.

Please call every State Senator that you are able to call.

CROSS-POST THIS ALERT TO EVERY FIREARMS OWNER, ON-LINE FORUM, AND EMAIL LIST YOU KNOW OF!!

Paul

>>>>>>>>>>

H. Paul Payne
NRA Liaison to the Executive Vice President
3565 La Ciotat Way
Riverside, CA 92501
(951) 683-4NRA Office
(951) 779-0740 Fax
nrausmc@earthlink.net Email

Fighting for the restoration and preservation of the Second Amendment, right here in California, since 1989!

>>>>>>>>>
Time to fill up a few in boxes!

Ladyfox
09-10-2009, 9:07 AM
Here is what I wound up writing taking information from previous posts in other threads over this:

Dear Senator,

I am writing you today over concerns I have regarding bill AB962 that is due to come up for vote soon.

As you may or may not be aware this type of bill has been tried before back in 1968 under the name of the Gun Control Act. When it was repealed in 1986 the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) testified that ammunition sales logs were not an effective law enforcement tool and accordingly did not oppose removing the onerous record-keeping requirement. In addition this bill is already pre-empted by Federal law per the court case of Rowe v. New Hampshire Motor Transport Association.

So why are we expending precious money and resources into a bill that will:

- Cost money that our state does not have nor can afford to spend
- Will fail to prevent any firearm-related crime contrary to what the author claims
- Has been rejected in the past when the author has brought this forward for vote
- Will be an unfair burden to many small businesses already having a difficult time being competitive in the marketplace

Please vote NO on AB962 Ammo Sales Bill.

sorensen440
09-10-2009, 9:23 AM
"Please vote no on ________"

EBR Works
09-10-2009, 9:26 AM
Blast sent!

MonsterMan
09-10-2009, 9:35 AM
Messages sent. :)

lewdogg21
09-10-2009, 9:43 AM
I did both. This really helps out for those of us who aren't plugged into the "pipeline" but want to voice our opposition.

Thank you Calguns and The NRA.

anhero
09-10-2009, 10:10 AM
email sent and auto responses received

Kestryll
09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Emails sent, phone calls coming after lunch.

Lather, rinse, repeat...

sorensen440
09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Also call everyone you know that is pro gun who may not have gotten the message about this !!

scroman
09-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Done!

Super Spy
09-10-2009, 10:24 AM
I did my little part...and my inbox is filling up with auto responses......

MrSigmaDOT40
09-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Not to be a downer but I'm not feeling too good about these 2 bills. It seems they have made it clear that they are going to do what they want to do, and this is something they REALLY WANT. They know who all these calls and e-mails are coming from. It's not their people its "us" the "crazy pro gunners". I say we need to find ways to enlighten "Their people", their constituents. We need to at some point get the liberal leaning Joe blows hip to the truth of things regarding 2A. We need to separate and widen the gap between the misinformed, go along with the whatever anti....... And the Anti EXTREMIST that push this crap and KNOW that it is BS.

I'm still sending e-mails and hope you all do the same or more. If we stomp out these 2 bills I will have a renewed faith in the system. :79:

dirtnap
09-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Sent.

radioburning
09-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Just did it again. I'm wondering if it makes a difference if we all just kept doing again every 5 minutes? Or if it registers that it's the same people repeating?

CALPsidewinder
09-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Here is what I wound up writing taking information from previous posts in other threads over this:

Dear Senator,

I am writing you today over concerns I have regarding bill AB962 that is due to come up for vote soon.

As you may or may not be aware this type of bill has been tried before back in 1968 under the name of the Gun Control Act. When it was repealed in 1986 the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) testified that ammunition sales logs were not an effective law enforcement tool and accordingly did not oppose removing the onerous record-keeping requirement. In addition this bill is already pre-empted by Federal law per the court case of Rowe v. New Hampshire Motor Transport Association.

- Will fail to prevent any firearm-related crime contrary to what the author claims
- Has been rejected in the past when the author has brought this forward for vote
- Will be an unfair burden to many small businesses already having a difficult time being competitive in the marketplace

Correctly me if I am wrong but is it bill GCA68 [Gun Control Act 1968] that you are mentioning above? That law is still in force and is part of Chapter 44 of Title 18, United States Code. Or were you thinking of another bill?

CALPsidewinder
09-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Just did it again. I'm wondering if it makes a difference if we all just kept doing again every 5 minutes? Or if it registers that it's the same people repeating?

It might log IP and treat it as spam.

radioburning
09-10-2009, 10:45 AM
I just created a filter in my gmail, by clicking on one of the auto-replies, creating a filter using the word "senator" in the email address, hitting next and it shows similar emails, checking the boxes next to the emails you want to block, and then choosing the action "delete".

I'm just gonna keep hittin' em all day long...

radioburning
09-10-2009, 10:47 AM
It might log IP and treat it as spam.

Maybe I won't hit it all day long then...

hoffmang
09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Not to be a downer but I'm not feeling too good about these 2 bills.
We have a real chance of killing this bills. We've done it before and the pressure we put on here really does work.

They run a talley sheet and it's a bored, young underpaid staffer telling his or her member that the public really doesn't want them to vote yes. It causes their office serious pain and politicians are into pain avoidance.

-Gene

kf6tac
09-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Correctly me if I am wrong but is it bill GCA68 [Gun Control Act 1968] that you are mentioning above? That law is still in force and is part of Chapter 44 of Title 18, United States Code. Or were you thinking of another bill?

The Act overall is still intact, but as enacted in 1968, it required FFLs to record all ammunition sales. This particular provision was repealed in 1986 so that FFLs now need only record armor-piercing ammunition sales.

wildhawker
09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Called, emailed, faxed.

Come on guys and gals, keep it turned up to 11.

B Strong
09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I just finished making 39 phone calls - good reception with some folks, not so much with others.

Edit: I was told by the staffers of Ashburn, Cogdill, Cox, Denham, Huff, Runner, Walters, Wright and Wyland that they were against 962.

McCrown
09-10-2009, 11:24 AM
One click email sent to senators, now where is the one click email for the assembly?

kf6tac
09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
One click email sent to senators, now where is the one click email for the assembly?

There is no one-click e-mail to the Assembly right now for AB 962, since it already passed the Assembly and won't go back to them unless it also passes the Senate. There IS a one-click e-mail for SB 585, which is before the Assembly, so if you wanted to use that to e-mail them about AB 962 as well, it would work.

EDIT: My bad. There WAS a one-click e-mail for the Assembly for SB 585, but now that it's passed the Assembly (grumble grumble) it's been changed to a one-click for the Senate.

Foulball
09-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Emails sent, phone calls coming after lunch.

Lather, rinse, repeat...

Exactly. After two months, it's actually a pretty hard habit to break.:43:

CALPsidewinder
09-10-2009, 11:38 AM
The Act overall is still intact, but as enacted in 1968, it required FFLs to record all ammunition sales. This particular provision was repealed in 1986 so that FFLs now need only record armor-piercing ammunition sales.

Ahhh...I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

AlexDD
09-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Emails sent. Phone calls tomorrow.

dirtnap
09-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Recieved this reply from Senator Dave Cox:

Thank you for contacting my office to express your opposition to gun
control legislation. I appreciate hearing from you.

My stance on additional gun control legislation has been clear. I have
consistently opposed efforts to restrict the ability of law-abiding
citizens to purchase and legally use firearms.

Several key bills relating to gun control or ownership rights have been
introduced or re-introduced during this legislative session.

Assembly Bill 357 (Knight) would revise state law as it relates to
obtaining a license to carry a concealed weapon. Current law authorizes
the sheriff of a county, "...upon proof that the person applying is of
good moral character, that good cause exists, and that the person
applying satisfies any one of certain conditions..." to issue a license
for the person to carry a concealed handgun. AB 357 would delete the
good cause requirement, and require the sheriff to issue the license if
the other criteria described above are met. As anticipated, AB 357
failed passage in its first hearing in the Assembly Public Safety
Committee on April 21 by a vote of 1-5. Although the bill was granted
reconsideration, it is unlikely that the bill will receive a sufficient
number votes for passage.

Assembly Bill 962 (De Leon), a bill relating to ammunition, is virtually
identical to the final language contained in Assembly Bill 2062 (2008)
and Assembly Bill 362 (2007) by the same author. AB 962 passed the full
Assembly on June 3 by a vote of 42-31 and is currently awaiting a floor
vote before the full Senate.

AB 962 is a far-reaching measure which would prohibit any person not
licensed as a gun dealer to transfer, sell or buy more than 50 pieces of
ammunition in a month. The bill also implements extensive reporting and
record-keeping requirements for all licensed gun dealers who wish to
sell ammunition. The requirements listed in this measure are
impractical and would do more to inconvenience lawful gun owners more
than deter criminals. For this reason, I am opposed to AB 962 as it is
currently written.

Assembly Bill 1167 (Nielsen) "...would deem persons who have a valid
permit or license to carry a concealed handgun issued by another state
or a political subdivision of another state to be authorized to carry a
concealed handgun pursuant to provisions of California law...." and
would similarly "direct the Department of Justice to enter into
reciprocity agreements with other states so that persons licensed in
this state to carry concealed or loaded firearms would be authorized to
do so in those other states." AB 1167 is awaiting a hearing in the
Assembly Public Safety Committee, although no hearing date has been set.
It is likely that this bill will not secure enough votes for passage out
of committee.

Senate Bill 41 (Lowenthal) would impose additional requirements on
firearms dealers to track sales, returns and other transactions and
report them to the California Department of Justice. Additional fees on
dealers are also included in the bill which would likely be passed on to
consumers. SB 41 passed the full Senate on June 1 by a vote of 21-14
and is currently awaiting a floor vote in the Assembly. I voted in
opposition to this bill when it came before me.

Senate Bill 585 (Leno), a bill which would prohibit firearms sales at
the Cow Palace in San Francisco. The language in SB 585 is virtually
identical to the final language contained in Assembly Bill 2498 (Leno)
from the 2007-08 legislative session and would prohibit firearms sales
at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.

SB 585 is an effort to allow the City and/or County of San Francisco to
discriminate against legitimate gun show participants and vendors who
must comply with stringent state regulations affecting licensing, sales,
background checks, liability and other provisions of state law governing
gun shows, although the property in question is owned by the state, not
the county. SB 585 passed the full Assembly on September 9 by a vote of
45-33 and is currently awaiting a floor vote in the Senate. I oppose
the bill as currently drafted.

Senate Bill 697 (DeSaulnier) is a re-introduction of Assembly Bill 2235
a bill from the 2007-08 legislative session by the same author relating
to "owner-authorized" handguns. AB 2235 passed the Assembly but was
held under submission in the Senate Appropriations Committee and died
without further action. SB 697 was scheduled for a hearing in the
Senate Public Safety Committee; however, the author has decided to defer
action on the bill until next year.

"Smart gun" technology may be perfected in the future, and "owner
authorized" weapons may one day secure a niche in the marketplace.
However, the potential availability of such weapons for those who wish
to purchase them should not preclude the legal possession, purchase or
transfer of other traditional firearms. For this reason, I am opposed
to SB 697 as written.

Senate Bill 776 (Hancock) would require owners of large-capacity
magazines to register them with the Department of Justice. This bill is
now a two-year bill and will not be acted upon until the Legislature
re-convenes in 2010. I am opposed to this bill as written.

During the 2007-08 legislative session, other gun control-related bills
were approved by the Legislature and signed into law by Governor
Schwarzenegger:

Assembly Bill 821 (Nava) would require the use of non-lead rifle and
handgun ammunition for hunting in certain areas as to reduce the risk of
lead poisoning to the endangered California Condor. While the goal of
protecting the endangered California Condor has merit, in my view the
provisions contained in this bill were excessive and of dubious value.
AB 821 passed from the Senate on September 4, 2007 by a vote of 23 to
15. I voted against the bill at that time. The bill was signed into
law by the Governor on October 13, 2007.

Assembly Bill 1471 (Feuer) would require all handguns sold after January
1, 2010 to include micro-stamped identifying information that would be
transferred to each dispensed bullet cartridge as it was fired.
Technical issues aside, it is my opinion that such a program will not
lead to any significant reduction in gun violence, nor will it increase
conviction rates of gun-related crimes. Moreover, the bill has the
potential to inconvenience and even implicate lawful gun owners whose
guns were stolen and used in the commission of a crime. AB 1471 passed
the Senate on September 6, 2007 by a vote of 21 to 17. I voted in
opposition to the bill at that time. In addition to voting against the
bill, along with my Senate Republican Colleagues I urged the Governor to
veto the bill. Despite our efforts, the Governor signed the legislation
on October 13, 2007.

If you are interested in tracking the progress of current legislation,
you may access the status, votes, bill text and analyses of this and
other legislation from my Senate home page at www.senate.ca.gov/cox.

Again, thank you for taking the time to relay your views. Please feel
free to communicate with me in the future on other issues of interest.

Sincerely,

DAVE COX
Senator, First District

sixniner
09-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Emails sent
Calling now!

TheCilician
09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Did it and done.

Sons of *****es aint taken my ammo away.

technique
09-10-2009, 12:14 PM

Dear Senator,

"Please vote no on ________"

Thanks.....Done!!!!

obeygiant
09-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I setup the following letter on freedomspeaks.com (http://www.freedomspeaks.com/letter/858214/ab962-pre-empted-by-the-federal-law-per-rowe-v-new-hampshire-motor-transport-association) they will fax and email it for free if you sign up, which is also free.

Wednesday, 09/09/2009 @ 09:30 PM
To whom it may concern:

Assembly Bill 962 would not be cost effective in terms of crime control and would create a hardship for retailers, especially smaller ones, and customers. Criminals have many ways of obtaining ammunition. This bill would not serve as any kind of crime deterrent, but would create another large and bureaucratic registration program that would be very costly and inefficient for law abiding citizens. Assembly Bill 962 is just another bill that attacks lawful gun owners instead of stopping the criminals that commit gun violence.

I would also urge you to seriously consider the recommendations made by the Department of Finance Bill Analysis which I have included below.

FISCAL SUMMARY
To implement this bill, DOJ estimates costs of $306,000 in 2009-10, $1.351 million in 2010-11, and $616,000 in 2011-12. The bill would allow for a fee to be charged to cover DOJ’s costs, but caps that fee at $50. Fee revenues, from the bill’s new fee as well as the existing fingerprint fee, would generate $1.489 million in 2010-11 and $801,000 in 2011-12. Although fee revenues would be sufficient to operate the program on an ongoing basis, the first year’s costs would be unfunded. DOJ would have to seek additional funding, creating pressure on other special funds and possibly the General Fund.

SUMMARY OF CHANGES
Amendments to this bill since our analysis of the Original version do not alter our position. The amendments would:

* Expand the list of exceptions to the selling and transferring restrictions.
* Provide that the Dealers’ Record of Sale Special Account shall be made available for expenditure by DOJ to initiate the license program. Finance notes that this language does not provide an
* appropriation and that requests for expenditure authority would still need to be requested through the normal budget process.
* Make other changes to the licensing and regulatory requirements of the new program.

COMMENTS
Finance is opposed to this bill given the cost pressures it would impose and the unfunded resources it would require in the first year of implementation. Although the bill would provide for a fee to be charged for this purpose, the fee would not be sufficient to fully fund this effort in the first year. Additionally, it may not be appropriate to impose additional workload during this time of limited state resources. Furthermore, given that the licensing restriction would be in effect on July 1, 2010, and this bill, if chaptered, would be effective on January 1, 2010, DOJ would have only months to prepare and implement this database. Also, no appropriation authority is provided in the bill, so it is unlikely DOJ would have additional appropriations to draw from when developing this new program in time for the July 1, 2010 date. The latest version includes language to make a fund available, but does not actually provide an appropriation that DOJ
could use in 2009-10.

Link to the original document:
http://www.dof.ca.gov/legislative_analyses/LIS_PDF/09/AB-962-20090723053324PM-AB00962.pdf

This bill, AB962, is already pre-empted by the federal law per Rowe v. New Hampshire Motor Transport Association, why put a Bill into law that already has precedent set against it?
Why waste more money on a possibly doomed law and put more obstacles in the way of legal gun owners?

Criminals by their nature are not going to follow the law, particularly one that is deemed to be a lesser evil than the one they plan to commit.

Your Constituent
obeygiant

gd-bh
09-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Did my calls and letters. My local Senator, Runner, is opposed to both of these P.O.S. bills. Keep up the pressure..hopefully common sense will triumph over evil.

obeygiant
09-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Just posted this letter on SB585 at freedomspeaks.com (http://www.freedomspeaks.com/home/letter-detail/858276)

Thursday, 09/10/2009 @ 01:36 PM

To whom it may concern:

Please vote No on SB 585!

"Senate Bill 585 (Leno), a bill which would prohibit firearms sales at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. The language in SB 585 is virtually identical to the final language contained in Assembly Bill 2498 (Leno) from the 2007-08 legislative session and would prohibit firearms sales at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. "

Your Constituent
obeygiant

ripcurlksm
09-10-2009, 1:01 PM
Email Sent

Dear Senator,

I am writing to you to ask that you oppose AB 962 on ammo restrictions, which requires every handgun ammo purchaser to be fingerprinted and registered. There is enough gun regulation already imposed on American citizens and the registration of handgun ammunition is not an acceptable crime deterrent and is just another attempt to stop crime by punishing the majority by "doing something". This bill will also ban handgun ammunition from being sold online or through mail order, which already has restrictions in place to verify the age of the purchaser. Most of the best deals on ammunition is available only online or through mail order, and so this has a negative effect on many lawful citizens...aka everyone who uses these resources.

Every week I see news reports on authorities cracking down at gun shows and gun shops. This seems like a fairly obvious place for authorities to check because its EASY to monitor it. Why not hit the streets and alleyways of America where the MAJORITY of illegal gun sales are happening? There are area's in all major cities that authorities don't go after certain hours because they rightfully fear being shot at by guns that were illegally purchased in the alleyway around the corner(not at some gunshow). These bad areas are certainly obvious but its not an easy job and it is dangerous. And so what do we get as citizens? Authorities taking the easy path to get good PR about bogus illegal gun transfers at gun shows, while the major source of illegal gun sales goes unchecked in our streets.

And so we get Bills like AB 962 and SB 585 which have good intentions but are diagnosing the wrong problem by focusing on law-abiding citizens and not criminals.

God bless all of our authorities and law enforcement who put their lives on the line every day and night. Lets enact new programs to focus on the streets and back alleys where the root of the problem lies.

Kind Regards,
Kevin XXXXXXXXXX

unusedusername
09-10-2009, 1:04 PM
I sent fax's yesterday... should I send them again?

obeygiant
09-10-2009, 1:08 PM

definitely.

TheCilician
09-10-2009, 1:08 PM

Hell Yes man. I'm using all my e-mail accounts to flood them. All my family (over 18 cousins) are in on this too.

obeygiant
09-10-2009, 1:10 PM
faxed and emailed again

beemaze
09-10-2009, 1:39 PM
Done.

pdq_wizzard
09-10-2009, 1:43 PM
I don't buy ammo (I reload) but I have been on this for months, any new gun laws just piss me off!!!

another round of emails sent now calling .....

FortCourageArmory
09-10-2009, 2:06 PM
One-clicked for both bills. Took abou two minutes.

Sobriquet
09-10-2009, 2:11 PM
I used the one click, but I haven't gotten any responses. I'm starting to think I did it incorrectly...?

themethod
09-10-2009, 2:18 PM
Well, I'm new to writing to our reps. but sent off a couple today...

Dear Senator,

I am opposed to AB962 and encourage you to oppose it as well. It is an unnecessary and impotent bill that attempts to restrict the availability of handgun ammunition to prohibited individuals who by law are ALREADY not legally allowed to own or carry a firearm! It stands to reason that people already engaged in illegal activities will continue to ignore the laws and the end result of such a bill is only an increased cost and burden to your constituents and law abiding citizens of this state.

VOTE NO on AB962.

Dear Senator,

I am opposed to SB585 and urge you to oppose it as well. The gun shows at the Cow Palace have been taking place for many many years now and in spite of misinformation being spouted about "loopholes" there are not. The dealers are honest, reputable and all laws are being followed, including waiting periods and background checks. If they were not I am sure the police would have shut it down years ago. A year ago the police raided and shutdown a major all ages music event at the Cow Palace for drugs. Just google "cow palace drug bust", it wasn't the first time!

So the true purpose of this bill is to BAN, LEGAL long running gun related events which are supported by your constituents. While music events where underage CHILDREN are doing ILLEGAL DRUGS and CRIMINALS (drug dealers) are common place. This is just an example of the "nonfirearm" events that are essentially PROMOTED BY THIS BILL!

That said, I am not advocating for ANY event to be banned. I say, let the people and free market determine what events are held at the Cow Palace and prosecute criminals where ever they are found.

Please protect freedom and American culture.

VOTE NO on SB585.

pdq_wizzard
09-10-2009, 2:23 PM
:clap::iagree:

Well, I'm new to writing to our reps. but sent off a couple today...

BlackDrop50
09-10-2009, 2:25 PM
took a couple minutes and sent on both

pdq_wizzard
09-10-2009, 2:27 PM
Wow, I just noticed after ~15 or so calls the last 2 digits of the phone # is the district the are in :pinch:

I guess I am new to this.

themethod
09-10-2009, 2:34 PM
I used the one click, but I haven't gotten any responses. I'm starting to think I did it incorrectly...?

I think the system is just slow, it took a little while before I got responses back.

ARBushmaster
09-10-2009, 2:35 PM
Emails Sent. Thanks for the reminders.

kf6tac
09-10-2009, 2:38 PM
I think the system is just slow, it took a little while before I got responses back.

The Assembly members have auto-responses that kick back after awhile (took a few minutes when I sent emails in the wee hours of the morning), but the Senators don't have an auto-response set up.

Linus
09-10-2009, 2:47 PM
Emails sent.:balloon:

Boo_Radley
09-10-2009, 2:57 PM
Just fired off a volley of e-mails as well. One-click sure makes the process easy.

vega
09-10-2009, 3:01 PM
Done.

captn-tin
09-10-2009, 3:40 PM
when sending messages to our reps, do you sign off with your name & address?

Seesm
09-10-2009, 3:41 PM
Make it happen folks... DO IT! for all of us!! Thanks everyone.!!

calnurse
09-10-2009, 3:43 PM
message sent!!!!

Centurion_D
09-10-2009, 3:46 PM
Went ahead and called my senator and voiced my opposition to both bills.

jmlivingston
09-10-2009, 3:48 PM

The auto-responses are definately slower today than they were earlier this week. I'm guessing there computer systems are running with a little heavier load than usual right now.

John

krushem2000
09-10-2009, 3:53 PM
sent my emails out..
name and city would be sufficient.
treat your address like you would treat your credit card information!!!

unusedusername
09-10-2009, 4:07 PM
Crap! looks like 962 has passed the senate... Details here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3044076&postcount=2289

Dark Paladin
09-10-2009, 4:08 PM
AB962 just passed the Senate. It should now head back to the Assembly for them to vote on whether to accept the changes.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=176297&page=229

Please adjust your phone/email/fax targets accordingly.

Sobriquet
09-10-2009, 4:16 PM
AB962 just passed the Senate. It should now head back to the Assembly for them to vote on whether to accept the changes.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=176297&page=229

Please adjust your phone/email/fax targets accordingly.

Sonova! So who do we call/write now?

When the hell did our representatives stop doing what the people want? Un-freaking-real.

CitaDeL
09-10-2009, 4:18 PM
Emails headed down range...

Bucc
09-10-2009, 4:47 PM
Clicked.

anthonyca
09-10-2009, 4:59 PM
Has this been sent out by calguns to all site users to vote on this? What about Chuck Michel's gun law news?

How about ANY other gun rights organizations? We need to get more people involved. SAF mailing list. Of Arms and the Law, Volcoch ect. I only saw this here and have been sending this link to friends but we need more help.

Let's get the word out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xm177
09-10-2009, 5:09 PM
Emails sent. Keep 'em coming boys.

obeygiant
09-10-2009, 5:22 PM
From the main AB962 thread.

Here you go.

Assembly Member Warren Furutani is not accepting emails but he can be contacted using the web form here (http://legplcms01.lc.ca.gov/PublicLCMS/ContactPopup.aspx?district=AD55&)You can use zip code 90807 if you do not reside in his district.

And here is the comma separated list of the other Assembly Members to copy and paste into your mail clients.

Assemblymember.Adams@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymembe r.Ammiano@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Anderson@ assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Arambula@assembly.c a.gov,Assemblymember.Bass@assembly.ca.gov,Assembly member.Beall@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Bill.B erryhill.assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Blakeslee@ assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Block@assembly.ca.g ov,Assemblymember.Blumenfield@assembly.ca.gov,Asse mblymember.Brownley@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember .Buchanan@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Caballero @assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Calderon@assembly. ca.gov,Assemblymember.Carter@assembly.ca.gov,Assem blymember.Chesbro@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.C onway@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Cook@assembly .ca.gov,Assemblymember.Coto@assembly.ca.gov,Assemb lymember.Davis@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.DeLa Torre@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.deLeon@assemb ly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.DeVore@assembly.ca.gov,As semblymember.Duvall@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember .Emmerson@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Eng@assem bly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Evans@assembly.ca.gov,As semblymember.Feuer@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember. Fletcher@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Fong@assem bly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Fuentes@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Fuller@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymemb er.Furutani@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Gaines@ assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Galgiani@assembly.c a.gov,Assemblymember.Garrick@assembly.ca.gov,Assem blymember.Gilmore@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.H agman@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Hall@assembly .ca.gov,Assemblymember.Harkey@assembly.ca.gov,Asse mblymember.Hayashi@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember. Hernandez@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Hill@asse mbly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Huber@assembly.ca.gov,A ssemblymember.Huffman@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymemb er.Jeffries@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Jones@a ssembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Knight@assembly.ca.g ov,Assemblymember.Krekorian@assembly.ca.gov,Assemb lymember.Lieu@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Logue @assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Lowenthal@assembly .ca.gov,Assemblymember.Ma@assembly.ca.gov,Assembly member.Mendoza@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Mill er@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Monning@assembly .ca.gov,Assemblymember.Nava@assembly.ca.gov,Assemb lymember.Nestande@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.N iello@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Nielsen@assem bly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Perez@assembly.ca.gov,As semblymember.Portantino@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblyme mber.Price@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Ruskin@a ssembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Salas@assembly.ca.go v,Assemblymember.Saldana@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblym ember.Silva@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Skinner @assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Smyth@assembly.ca. gov,Assemblymember.Solorio@assembly.ca.gov,Assembl ymember.Strickland@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember. Swanson@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Torlakson@a ssembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Torres@assembly.ca.g ov,Assemblymember.Torrico@assembly.ca.gov,Assembly member.Tran@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Villine s@assembly.ca.gov,Assemblymember.Yamada@assembly.c a.gov,Assemblymember.Berryhill@assembly.ca.gov

Cnynrat
09-10-2009, 5:23 PM
Since this has passed the Senate, I've sent my first email to Schwarzenegger.

Is there a contact list around for the Assembly, or better yet can we get a one-click capability set up for them? I'm not hopeful since they already passed it once, but it seems we need to make that the focus for the next day or so.

Edit: Thanks Obeygiant - you were a step ahead of me. Emails on the way.

Dark Paladin
09-10-2009, 5:35 PM
Fired off emails to Assemblymembers.

My question is now this. What is our recourse if the Assembly prove to be equally unable to heed our civilized requests?

kf6tac
09-10-2009, 5:37 PM
Fired off emails to Assemblymembers.

My question is now this. What is our recourse if the Assembly prove to be equally unable to heed our civilized requests?

Harass the governor. Internet order lots of ammo now in the hopes that the backlog will get processed before 2011.

MadtactiX
09-10-2009, 5:51 PM
Done. Keep it up!

epic4444
09-10-2009, 5:52 PM
i sent a email...hopefully things go our way

berto
09-10-2009, 6:04 PM
Done, not that my "representatives" will listen but maybe some of yours will.

KaTooM
09-10-2009, 6:06 PM
Done for both! I really love the one click option for all the Senators.

I only put my name at the end of my e-mail, should I have put my name address and phone# ?

Blackhawk556
09-10-2009, 6:17 PM
have you guys seen the other thread saying the cow palace bill has passed and is on the governors desk??????

Sheepdog1968
09-10-2009, 6:20 PM
:) Very true. In fact, I have sometimes then replied to their responses to ask a question and then get no response becuase it would require a specific answer. I've sent my emails in today. I'm not too optimistic and Arnie doesn't have a great pro gun record. Can we say microstamping?

emails really are painless, it is the responses that are automated that will make you gag:eek:

C.G.
09-10-2009, 6:25 PM
Done on both.

C.G.
09-10-2009, 6:26 PM
have you guys seen the other thread saying the cow palace bill has passed and is on the governors desk??????

Yes, the one click has changed to governor's e-mail to veto SB585.

KylaGWolf
09-10-2009, 6:35 PM

Thanks,

Right click on the email addy in the outlook window and then select copy email address then paste it to the program you use for email.

Seagunner
09-10-2009, 6:52 PM
Dear Assembly Member,

I am writing to encourage you to vote against AB 962. As a veteran who has served to protect the freedoms we have in America, I. strongly disagree with adding any more restrictions on my rights.

Thank you for your time. Sincerely,

patsline74
09-10-2009, 6:58 PM
Emailed both sets. I too like those one click emails, makes it very easy to give your opinion on matters. Now hopefully they listen!

unusedusername
09-10-2009, 6:58 PM
One click does not work to the governor...

You are receiving this message because you sent an email to governor@govmail.ca.gov

To send a message to the governor you must do so at http://www.gov.ca.gov/interact#email

KylaGWolf
09-10-2009, 7:14 PM
Emails sent.

otteray
09-10-2009, 7:22 PM
Assembly member Bill Monning needs some guidance from his Monterey and Santa Cruz County voters.
See, he is one of those poor souls that link non-violence and peace with civilian disarmament.
I just used the free fax that I found out about here at calguns to send him my message: http://faxzero.com/
So, come on, Central Coast ammo buyers- fax him with the facts!

Dan FS71
09-10-2009, 7:24 PM
& done.:rant:

C.G.
09-10-2009, 7:31 PM
One click does not work to the governor...

I had to use this one as well:

http://www.gov.ca.gov/interact#email

Had to go to Gun Control and click that I am "con" rather than "pro" and then wrote my letter.

Stringer
09-10-2009, 7:34 PM
Emails sent.

piglith
09-10-2009, 7:47 PM
I got this back from Arnold's desk. Looks like a form email but at least he is aware of it.

Thank you for writing me about Assembly Bill 962. I appreciate your suggestions on proposed legislation affecting our state.

I generally do not take a position on legislation until a bill has reached my desk because it can change significantly from the time it is introduced until the time it is finalized. For the current session, the California Legislature has until September 11, 2009 to pass legislation, and I have until October 11, 2009 to sign or veto proposed bills.

You may continue to follow this and any other bill under consideration by lawmakers at the Official California Legislative website: www.leginfo.ca.gov. You may also read my legislative messages at www.gov.ca.gov.

Again, I appreciate your interest in California's future. An informed and engaged public is important for effective government in our state.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Note it points out he has until Oct 11th to make a decision on it. Personally I have not a clue as to his feelings towards gun rights. I just can't see California spending this kind of money for the record keeping. It is going to do nothing but cause a mass stack of trees. Criminals will still go out and get ammo regardless of this. It will do thing to help honest law abiding citizens.

Stormfeather
09-10-2009, 8:09 PM
phone calls made during the day and just sent emails to all Senators, congressmen and the Govs office

1BigPea
09-10-2009, 8:15 PM
Faxed again...emailed from all accounts...calls made today at lunch. More calls all day tomorrow.

POLICESTATE
09-10-2009, 8:28 PM
It's boiler plate, read it again:

"For the current session, the California Legislature has until September 11, 2009 to pass legislation, and I have until October 11, 2009 to sign or veto proposed bills."

RRangel
09-10-2009, 8:33 PM
During off hours you can fax. Just faxed my rep again. It's too bad that he shares Kevin De Leon's love for dis-empowerment of the people.

Sobriquet
09-10-2009, 8:58 PM
Does anyone know how to get in touch with that Pink Pistols group that posted a few months ago? I'm thinking we should have them reach out to Assemblyman Feuer who represents West Hollywood among other places.

This bill makes it hard for his constituents to purchase ammunition for range use since there are very few (any?) places in his district to purchase ammunition. Also, the unique risk of being the victim of a hate crime makes access to self-defense ammunition (usually only available online these days) of increased importance to his constituency.

We need to start getting creative and putting the pressure on these people. We can no longer afford to write off certain votes as being "lost" without a fight. It's time for scorched earth. Make every vote against our rights as painful as possible.

jvquattro
09-10-2009, 9:27 PM
Emailed and will forward.

rory
09-10-2009, 9:33 PM
I dont lnow what bill this is or what it stands for but it sounds like someone wants to **** with my 2a rights. Can someone tell me or send me info on this bill so I know what I am about to deal with.:confused:

SkiDevil
09-10-2009, 10:12 PM
I have sent-out my e-mails for both of the Bills. Yes, and as everyone has said it didn't take more than 5 minutes for both of the e-mails to the Assembly/ Senate and the Governor. The generic e-mail blast is quick and easy. I plan to make phone calls on Friday morning as well.

Please send-out your e-mails if you have not done so already. It does not take a lot of time. And as it has been said already, Politicians don't like controversy or hearing from their constituents in a negative fashion. Your calls or e-mails really can make a difference!

SkiDevil

P.S. Thank You to all of the members who are supporting the end to these two bills by sending their e-mails and making those phone calls.:D

EdCo
09-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Did my part and urged all the pro 2 amendment folk at work to do the same.

SkiDevil
09-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I dont lnow what bill this is or what it stands for but it sounds like someone wants to **** with my 2a rights. Can someone tell me or send me info on this bill so I know what I am about to deal with.:confused:

AB 962 - Ammunition Registration Bill (Up for vote in Senate)

SB 585 - Gun Show Ban at Cow Palace in SF. (Passed/ E-mail Govenor to VETO Bill)

Bills currently pending in the State regarding the right to purchase handgun ammunition without 'Back Door' gun registration and/ or submitting personal information and finger prints to a dealer for purchasing 50 or more rounds of ammunition within the state. Or to hold gun shows on Public Property at the Cow Palace Showgrounds in San Francisco.

It also makes illegal to sell/ trade/ or give 50 rounds or more of handgun ammunition to another person without completing the required forms/ procedures. The AB 962 Bill will only serve to limit availability of ammuntion in the State, cause loss of retail sales, may reduce number of firearms delaers (who depend on sales of ammunition/ accessories to augment business) when ammuntion is purchased out of state or not at all by California residents.

Generally these two bills will add further restrictions to the residents of our State to excercise their constitutional right to bear arms.

Go to the first page of the thread and directions are given on how to complete the general 1-time blast e-mail that will go to the California State Assembly Members. Very easy to do.:)

SkiDevil

Note: AB 962 Bill will also STOP online/ Mail-order ammunition sales from outside delaers to California residents as well.

KING_PALM
09-10-2009, 10:29 PM
emailed!!

HondaMasterTech
09-10-2009, 11:30 PM
This is disgusting. At least I'll be gone before 2011.

G17GUY
09-10-2009, 11:38 PM
This is disgusting. At least I'll be gone before 2011.

How so?

HondaMasterTech
09-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm moving.

colossians323
09-11-2009, 5:39 AM
Did my part and urged all the pro 2 amendment folk at work to do the same.

Just a reminder to everyone, our part is not done, till the get these stoopid bills off the table.

Keep it up, and keep on the pressure:)

scc1909
09-11-2009, 6:33 AM
Note: AB 962 Bill will also STOP online/ Mail-order ammunition sales from outside delaers to California residents as well.
ALL ammo sales...or just pistol ammo sales?

addiction
09-11-2009, 7:17 AM
here was my letter

Dear Assembly Member,

I wanted to write and express my opposition to AB962, and remind you what happened on April 19th, 1775.

Why April 19, 1775?

British troops would deploy form Concord the night of April 18, in order to seize Colonial military supplies believed to be stored there. This wasn’t the first time they had done so—in September of the previous year they had seized 250 barrels of gunpowder from the Massachusetts Provincial Powder House in Charlestown.

77 militiamen, warned by Revere and the additional post riders activated by his alarm, assembled on the village green at Lexington under the command of Militia Captain John Parker. Parker, who was suffering from TB, had risen from his sick-bed to command his troops, men who were usually just his neighbors. Parker was an experienced officer, having fought in the recent French & Indian Wars. He instructed his men: “Stand your ground. Do not fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!” Despite his words, Parker had his men form 2 lines, knowing the British would perceive this as a challenge.

British Marine Maj. Pitcairn ordered them,” Lay down your arms, ye rebels, and disperse!”

The militiamen began to disperse (but not disarm), when a shot was fired. Without orders fro their officers, the British troops fired into the militiamen. A few militiamen returned fire. Afterwards, 8 Americans were dead and 10 more wounded. One British soldier and one horse had been wounded.

The British wanted to keep the colonists under control, so they set about seizing powder and ball ammo.....it was this act, very similar to the action AB962 wishes to enact that started the revolutionary war.

The first shots fired in 1775 were to take the ability of the colonists to defend themselves, today, AB962 is an attempt to succeed where the British could not.

If you allow this bill to pass you are following in the footsteps of the British our founders fought and gave up their lives to defeat. Shame on you.

Jim Hamilton

Blacktail 8541
09-11-2009, 7:17 AM
emails sent

formula502
09-11-2009, 7:19 AM
ALL ammo sales...or just pistol ammo sales?

Technically, it only applies to calibers traditionally used in handguns.

But what vendor is going to want to deal with the nuance? We're likely to see them all post up the familiar "No CA Sales" tag we're so familiar with on GB.

lewdogg21
09-11-2009, 7:20 AM
here was my letter

Dear Assembly Member,

I wanted to write and express my opposition to AB962, and remind you what happened on April 19th, 1775.

Why April 19, 1775?

British troops would deploy form Concord the night of April 18, in order to seize Colonial military supplies believed to be stored there. This wasn’t the first time they had done so—in September of the previous year they had seized 250 barrels of gunpowder from the Massachusetts Provincial Powder House in Charlestown.

77 militiamen, warned by Revere and the additional post riders activated by his alarm, assembled on the village green at Lexington under the command of Militia Captain John Parker. Parker, who was suffering from TB, had risen from his sick-bed to command his troops, men who were usually just his neighbors. Parker was an experienced officer, having fought in the recent French & Indian Wars. He instructed his men: “Stand your ground. Do not fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!” Despite his words, Parker had his men form 2 lines, knowing the British would perceive this as a challenge.

British Marine Maj. Pitcairn ordered them,” Lay down your arms, ye rebels, and disperse!”

The militiamen began to disperse (but not disarm), when a shot was fired. Without orders fro their officers, the British troops fired into the militiamen. A few militiamen returned fire. Afterwards, 8 Americans were dead and 10 more wounded. One British soldier and one horse had been wounded.

The British wanted to keep the colonists under control, so they set about seizing powder and ball ammo.....it was this act, very similar to the action AB962 wishes to enact that started the revolutionary war.

The first shots fired in 1775 were to take the ability of the colonists to defend themselves, today, AB962 is an attempt to succeed where the British could not.

If you allow this bill to pass you are following in the footsteps of the British our founders fought and gave up their lives to defeat. Shame on you.

Jim Hamilton

Jim,
that was great. Kudos to you as that does provide a unique perspective on how this bill is in direct conflict with the principles this country was founded on. (Rights of people, constitution in later years, etc.)

McCrown
09-11-2009, 8:03 AM
One-click emails sent to the assembly, next up is to call my assembly person.

zchen
09-11-2009, 8:21 AM
emailed again today

Apex
09-11-2009, 8:30 AM
Emails sent. I had to use this for Ahnold

http://gov.ca.gov/interact

Thanks addiction for the history reminder. What's the saying? 'Those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it'?

Oldnoob
09-11-2009, 8:38 AM
I though the ammo bill is already pass through assembly, do we have a "one-click" for senators?
or can someone post all their email address so rest of calgunner can just copy and paste.

Just to be sure I already sent my one click email to assembly.

Blackhawk556
09-11-2009, 8:41 AM
Emailed

Man this better not pass I swear

1BigPea
09-11-2009, 8:48 AM
I though the ammo bill is already pass through assembly, do we have a "one-click" for senators?
or can someone post all their email address so rest of calgunner can just copy and paste.

Just to be sure I already sent my one click email to assembly.

It went back to the Assembly because it was amended and those need to be approved by the assembly.

Here's the 1 click, it's going to the assembly now.

Anyone know what's going on with the Assembly right now?

obeygiant
09-11-2009, 8:55 AM
It went back to the Assembly because it was amended and those need to be approved by the assembly.

Nothing apparently, no video or audio right now. Maybe they are doing something for 9/11?

nic
09-11-2009, 8:59 AM
Just did the one-click thing.
Doesn't get much easier than that!

Blackhawk556
09-11-2009, 9:02 AM
hey guys not sure if anyone here does the "twitter" thing but if you do remember to tweat the crap out of arny's account, that's another way of getting to him fast

i dont have an account but just wanted to let you all know

glk-21
09-11-2009, 9:06 AM
one click and phone calls. Do your part !!!!!

Oldnoob
09-11-2009, 9:07 AM

Get ya, I'll email them one more time just to make sure.

jman
09-11-2009, 9:10 AM
Just did the one click thing to the Assembly. Also called my Assemblyman, Ted Gaines', office but he is already a staunch opponent to AB962. At least I am getting something productive done on my furlough friday...

Oldnoob
09-11-2009, 9:24 AM
For calgunners that wish to email to our Senators here are the links to them.

Boxer, Barbara
http://boxer.senate.gov/contact/email/policy.cfm

Feinstein, Dianne
http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactUs.EmailMe

Oldnoob
09-11-2009, 9:25 AM
And this one for our Governor

governor@govmail.ca.gov

obeygiant
09-11-2009, 9:34 AM
For calgunners that wish to email to our Senators here are the links to them.

Boxer, Barbara
http://boxer.senate.gov/contact/email/policy.cfm

Feinstein, Dianne
http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactUs.EmailMe

Actually we should be contacting the members of the CA State Assembly right now for AB962. You can use this email address from calnra.com
assembly090531@muzzleenergy.com

Please Contact the Governor regarding SB585, Direct email to the Governor does not work, you will need to fill out this webform here (http://gov.ca.gov/interact)

motorhead
09-11-2009, 9:52 AM
is there a schedule or a live feed so we can track it as our would-be masters diddle with our rights?

WileyWilly
09-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I have sent emails from 4 accounts-all I have.
WW

shookatash
09-11-2009, 10:17 AM
sent again!

jdberger
09-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Wow. this is a lot of work. Thank goodness for speaker phone....

freonr22
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding our mutual gun rights in California. First, let me be clear - I am an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment Right to Bear Arms. I do not support AB 962 and opposed it on the Assembly Floor.

I believe AB 962 puts more limitations on the rights of legal gun owners. This bill will do nothing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals or dangerous people living in our communities. Limiting the transfer or sale of ammunition to 50 rounds per month, the equivalent of one box of handgun ammunition, will have a devastating impact on legal firearms retailers. Average sales volumes regularly exceed the proposed limit, which would subject the majority of firearms business owners to a new set of bureaucratic rules and regulations regarding licensure, storage and sale procedures. This would force many small businesses that rely on ammunition sales as their primary revenue to incur additional costs in order to comply with the provisions of AB 962. As one may guess, such costs would definitely be passed along to the consumer. This burdensome and unnecessary regulation would drive a sizable number of retailers out of business altogether.

Further, AB 962 would hinder the ability of law abiding citizens to transfer ownership of ammunition between private parties such as family members by requiring individuals to be licensed by the Department of Justice if the 50-round thresholds are exceeded.

This outrageous proposal adds yet another layer of red tape where appropriate regulation already exists and infringes further upon individual freedoms of every California citizens’ Right to Bear Arms.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to make your voice heard – I stand with you on this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff at (949) 347-7301 if I may be of further service.

Sincerely,
DIANE L. HARKEY
Assemblywoman, 73rd District

Mr Wizard
09-11-2009, 11:17 AM
This is my first draft, so don't laugh. I'll change a few things around for AB 962

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you today to respectfully urge you to vote against Assembly Bill 585. As a legal citizen and resident of California I wish to continue to exercise my right to free assembly on public property. I might add this property was most likely purchased with tax payer funds.

Law abiding citizens as a whole should not penalized for a few bad apples, so to speak. That would be like categorizing all politicians as cheats and liars just because a few have been caught doing so.

If you have already voted against this oppressive bill, I commend you for your understanding and not giving into these anti-gun lobbyists.

jkast003
09-11-2009, 11:22 AM
I sent my e-mails. That was easy enough. Hope someone reads them.

addiction
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I too received the email from Diane Harkley, and took the opportunity to call her office and ask that they bring to Diane's attention the history of April 19th, 1775 I inlcuded in my email.

The admin on the other end of the phone was very interested in the information and expressed that this was an argument that was "very well put" so I asked that Diane be given it as a point to bring to the floor.

I suggest that we also call those in opposition of the bill and provide them with the history lesson,

Remind them that the first shots in the revolutionary war were made over the effort of the British to restirct colonists ammo.

how could any assembly member vote to enact the very thing that started the revolutionary war.....

Jim

tvfreakarms
09-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Is there anything particular to say other than being against the bills? This will be my first!

freonr22
09-11-2009, 11:26 AM
I too received the email from Diane Harkley, and took the opportunity to call her office and ask that they bring to Diane's attention the history of April 19th, 1775 I inlcuded in my email.

The admin on the other end of the phone was very interested in the information and expressed that this was an argument that was "very well put" so I asked that Diane be given it as a point to bring to the floor.

I suggest that we also call those in opposition of the bill and provide them with the history lesson,

Remind them that the first shots in the revolutionary war were made over the effort of the British to restirct colonists ammo.

how could any assembly member vote to enact the very thing that started the revolutionary war.....

Jim

Actually jim I copied your letter and added I thought it was eloquently worded, and I seconded the opinion

AndrewMendez
09-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Thats was a little too easy!

tvfreakarms
09-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Sent my message. Damn I got a tons of emails.

jdberger
09-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding our mutual gun rights in California. First, let me be clear - I am an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment Right to Bear Arms. I do not support AB 962 and opposed it on the Assembly Floor.

I believe AB 962 puts more limitations on the rights of legal gun owners. This bill will do nothing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals or dangerous people living in our communities. Limiting the transfer or sale of ammunition to 50 rounds per month, the equivalent of one box of handgun ammunition, will have a devastating impact on legal firearms retailers. Average sales volumes regularly exceed the proposed limit, which would subject the majority of firearms business owners to a new set of bureaucratic rules and regulations regarding licensure, storage and sale procedures. This would force many small businesses that rely on ammunition sales as their primary revenue to incur additional costs in order to comply with the provisions of AB 962. As one may guess, such costs would definitely be passed along to the consumer. This burdensome and unnecessary regulation would drive a sizable number of retailers out of business altogether.

Further, AB 962 would hinder the ability of law abiding citizens to transfer ownership of ammunition between private parties such as family members by requiring individuals to be licensed by the Department of Justice if the 50-round thresholds are exceeded.

This outrageous proposal adds yet another layer of red tape where appropriate regulation already exists and infringes further upon individual freedoms of every California citizens’ Right to Bear Arms.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to make your voice heard – I stand with you on this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff at (949) 347-7301 if I may be of further service.

Sincerely,
DIANE L. HARKEY

I just got the same reply.

Good for her!

SkiDevil
09-11-2009, 11:55 AM
This is my first draft, so don't laugh. I'll change a few things around for AB 962

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you today to respectfully urge you to vote against Assembly Bill 585. As a legal citizen and resident of California I wish to continue to exercise my right to free assembly on public property. I might add this property was most likely purchased with tax payer funds.

Law abiding citizens as a whole should not penalized for a few bad apples, so to speak. That would be like categorizing all politicians as cheats and liars just because a few have been caught doing so.

If you have already voted against this oppressive bill, I commend you for your understanding and not giving into these anti-gun lobbyists.

The composition is not as important as the basic message: "Vote NO on AB 962 because it is contrary to the rights of California residents". The very same constituents who pay your salary and whom YOU are supposed to REPRESENT.

Thanks,
A concerned VOTER and TAX PAYER

addiction
09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Actually jim I copied your letter and added I thought it was eloquently worded, and I seconded the opinion

I will give credit where credit is due, the history is from the Appleseed Project site, a program of training to shoot a rifle and a great history lesson included.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Jim

Spyduh
09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Here's the phone # to call the gov.

Please contact Governor Schwarzenegger TODAY and respectfully urge him to veto SB585. The Governor can be reached by phone at 916-445-2841 or via fax at 916-558-3160. To email Governor Schwarzenegger, please visit http://gov.ca.gov/interact. Also, please contact your Assemblymember IMMEDIATELY and respectfully urge them to oppose AB962. Contact information for your Assemblymember can be found by clicking here.

Theseus
09-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Ah, the beauty of mail merge and a PC to Fax function. . . .

Sobriquet
09-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Had a long conversation with a staffer at Feurer's office. We went back and forth, but the bottom line is he's going to vote for it.

RaymondMillbrae
09-11-2009, 1:00 PM
Oh noooooooooo!!

Below is a message I just got back from my Senator.

Call Governor Schwarzenegger's office!!!

In Christ: Raymond

PS: Does handgun AMMUNITION sales include bullets? (Not complete cartridges, but bullets for reloading).

QUOTE:

After a push by the democratic leadership in the State Senate, Assembly
Bill 962 and Senate Bill 585 passed yesterday afternoon with the
bare-minimum 21 votes. No member of the Senate Republican Caucus voted
to pass either bill.

Assembly Bill 962 (De Leon), a bill relating to ammunition, is similar
to Assembly Bill 2062 (2008) and Assembly Bill 362 (2007) by the same
author. AB 962 passed the full Assembly on June 3 by a vote of 42-31
and was passed by the Senate on September 10 by a vote of 21 to 18. The
bill will return to the Assembly for a concurrence vote.

AB 962 is a far-reaching measure which implements extensive reporting
and record-keeping requirements for all licensed gun dealers who sell
handgun ammunition. The bill also requires handgun ammunition sales to
occur in face-to-face transactions, effectively prohibiting internet
sales to residents of California. The requirements listed in this
measure are impractical and would do more to inconvenience lawful gun
owners more than deter criminals. Prior versions of the bill outlawed
the transfer of more than 50 rounds of handgun ammunition in a month;
however, that provision was removed from the final version of the bill.
I voted against AB 962 when it came before me.

Senate Bill 585 (Leno), a bill which would prohibit firearms sales at
the Cow Palace in San Francisco. The language in SB 585 is virtually
identical to the final language contained in Assembly Bill 2498 (Leno)
from the 2007-08 legislative session and would prohibit firearms sales
at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.

SB 585 is an effort to allow the City and/or County of San Francisco to
discriminate against legitimate gun show participants and vendors who
must comply with stringent state regulations affecting licensing, sales,
background checks, liability and other provisions of state law governing
gun shows, although the property in question is owned by the state, not
the county. SB 585 passed from the Assembly on September 9 by a vote of
45 to 33, and passed from the Senate on September 10 by a vote of 21 to
18. I voted against this bill when it came before me.

Both of these bills will likely be headed to the Governor's desk for
either his signature or veto. It is my recommendation that you contact
Governor Schwarzenegger's office to express your displeasure with these
two measures. He can be reached at 916-445-2841.

My commitment to protecting the second amendment rights of law-abiding
citizens remains strong. I continue to oppose legislation that will
negatively impact gun rights in the State of California.

Sincerely,

DAVE COX
Senator, First District

Below are links to the most recent vote sheets for the respective bills:

AB 962 Senate Floor:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_vote_20
090910_0500PM_sen_floor.html

AB 962 Assembly Floor:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_vote_20
090603_0614PM_asm_floor.html

SB 585 Senate Floor:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0551-0600/sb_585_vote_20
090910_0459PM_sen_floor.html

SB 585 Assembly Floor:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0551-0600/sb_585_vote_20
090909_0809PM_asm_floor.html

jvquattro
09-11-2009, 1:06 PM
Still calling and emailing.

one positive response:

Dear Jay,

Sincerely,

DIANE L. HARKEY

Swatter911
09-11-2009, 1:07 PM
Emails sent

jdberger
09-11-2009, 1:12 PM
Had a long conversation with a staffer at Feurer's office. We went back and forth, but the bottom line is he's going to vote for it.

You might (next time) remind that same staffer that supporters of anti-gun legislation can expect to find fundraisers for their OPPONENTS come election season.

We'll make a concerted effort to ensure that the offending legislators lose their publicly funded automobiles and other perks....

Just sayin'

freonr22
09-11-2009, 1:16 PM
so its a done deal??? its gonna pass?

Grendl
09-11-2009, 1:27 PM
so its a done deal??? its gonna pass?

The Gubernator could still veto it. Write him a formal paper letter making that explicit request. Emails and phone calls are a very weak substitute for paper letters.

Scout106
09-11-2009, 1:39 PM
Phone call and email done.

mmartin
09-11-2009, 1:44 PM
time to contact the gov:

http://gov.ca.gov/interact#contact

Governor's Office:
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: 916-445-2841
Fax: 916-558-3160 ( new number )
District Offices:
Fresno Office
2550 Mariposa Mall #3013
Fresno, CA 93721
Phone: 559-477-1804
Fax: 559-445-5328
Los Angeles Office
300 South Spring Street
Suite 16701
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Phone: 213-897-0322
Fax: 213-897-0319
Riverside Office
3737 Main Street #201
Riverside, CA 92501
Phone: 951-680-6860
Fax: 951-680-6863
San Diego Office
1350 Front Street
Suite 6054
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: 619-525-4641
Fax: 619-525-4640
San Francisco Office
455 Golden Gate Avenue
Suite 14000
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: 415-703-2218
Fax: 415-703-2803
Washington D.C. Office
134 Hall of the States
444 North Capitol Street NW
Washington D.C. 20001
Phone: 202-624-5270
Fax: 202-624-5280

greasemonkey
09-11-2009, 1:45 PM
The Gubernator could still veto it. Write him a formal paper letter making that explicit request. Emails and phone calls are a very weak substitute for paper letters.

I'll second that, especially for the Governor's office. If they get thousands of formal paper letters, they're going to have to face it. Do send the email and make calls but I feel a paper letter to the Governor is necessary.

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814

Nose Nuggets
09-11-2009, 2:02 PM
do you guys honestly think they give a **** what you think?

bebop1034
09-11-2009, 2:25 PM
anyone have a website that shows the updates on AB 962 im reading this and it sounds like its already ready to go to the governhator im lost though.... :( all my ammo comes from internet

jman
09-11-2009, 2:32 PM
if AB-962 passes and is signed into law, the shops are in Reno are gonna be lovin' life.

sorensen440
09-11-2009, 2:35 PM
They do when there are enough people pissed off to potentially end there career

TheCilician
09-11-2009, 2:35 PM
Yall get this? It's an e-mail update:

After a push by the democratic leadership in the State Senate, Assembly Bill 962 and Senate Bill 585 passed yesterday afternoon with the bare-minimum 21 votes. No member of the Senate Republican Caucus voted to pass either bill.

Assembly Bill 962 (De Leon), a bill relating to ammunition, is similar to Assembly Bill 2062 (2008) and Assembly Bill 362 (2007) by the same author. AB 962 passed the full Assembly on June 3 by a vote of 42-31 and was passed by the Senate on September 10 by a vote of 21 to 18. The bill will return to the Assembly for a concurrence vote.

AB 962 is a far-reaching measure which implements extensive reporting and record-keeping requirements for all licensed gun dealers who sell handgun ammunition. The bill also requires handgun ammunition sales to occur in face-to-face transactions, effectively prohibiting internet sales to residents of California. The requirements listed in this measure are impractical and would do more to inconvenience lawful gun owners more than deter criminals. Prior versions of the bill outlawed the transfer of more than 50 rounds of handgun ammunition in a month; however, that provision was removed from the final version of the bill. I voted against AB 962 when it came before me.

Senate Bill 585 (Leno), a bill which would prohibit firearms sales at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. The language in SB 585 is virtually identical to the final language contained in Assembly Bill 2498 (Leno) from the 2007-08 legislative session and would prohibit firearms sales at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.

SB 585 is an effort to allow the City and/or County of San Francisco to discriminate against legitimate gun show participants and vendors who must comply with stringent state regulations affecting licensing, sales, background checks, liability and other provisions of state law governing gun shows, although the property in question is owned by the state, not the county. SB 585 passed from the Assembly on September 9 by a vote of 45 to 33, and passed from the Senate on September 10 by a vote of 21 to 18. I voted against this bill when it came before me.

Both of these bills will likely be headed to the Governor’s desk for either his signature or veto. It is my recommendation that you contact Governor Schwarzenegger’s office to express your displeasure with these two measures. He can be reached at 916-445-2841.

My commitment to protecting the second amendment rights of law-abiding citizens remains strong. I continue to oppose legislation that will negatively impact gun rights in the State of California.

Sincerely,

DAVE COX
Senator, First District

Below are links to the most recent vote sheets for the respective bills:

AB 962 Senate Floor: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_vote_20090910_0500PM_sen_floor.html

AB 962 Assembly Floor: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_vote_20090603_0614PM_asm_floor.html

SB 585 Senate Floor: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0551-0600/sb_585_vote_20090910_0459PM_sen_floor.html

SB 585 Assembly Floor: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0551-0600/sb_585_vote_20090909_0809PM_asm_floor.html

madmike
09-11-2009, 2:38 PM

You're right! We've been waisting our time. Forget it guys, they don't care what we think.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I don't care if they don't care. It's too important not to try to get through to them.

-madmike.

bebop1034
09-11-2009, 2:40 PM
if AB-962 passes and is signed into law, the shops are in Reno are gonna be lovin' life.

most definitely. i will see you there if Shwarz signs this bill

AT'sGCSRT8
09-11-2009, 3:52 PM
You're right! We've been waisting our time. Forget it guys, they don't care what we think.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I don't care if they don't care. It's too important not to try to get through to them.

-madmike.

+1 on this. Plus it gives me the right to yell and complain if it does pass. Just emailed the assembly again. Still have faxes to send out.

Fot
09-11-2009, 3:52 PM
Done

beemaze
09-11-2009, 4:07 PM
Call Schwarzenegger before the SHTF.

cmaynes
09-11-2009, 4:11 PM
Arnold said he would veto everything that showed up on his desk.

What is the next step here- if a veto happens, I dont they can over-ride it.... but if they do- then what?

beemaze
09-11-2009, 4:24 PM
2/3 majority to overrule a veto if I'm not mistaken (I'm not a legislator or a lawyer).

motorhead
09-11-2009, 4:30 PM
jackpot!! they're arguing it RIGHT NOW
http://www.assembly.ca.gov/committee_hearings/defaulttext.asp

Peter W Bush
09-11-2009, 4:31 PM
emails sent.

scc1909
09-11-2009, 4:42 PM
I'm not seeing anything there about AB962...can you be more explicit? Thx!

addiction
09-11-2009, 4:44 PM

follow the link at the top "Floor Session"

motorhead
09-11-2009, 4:45 PM
live audio feed. click on floor session.
i missed that at first too.

slidecatch
09-11-2009, 4:51 PM
Regarding 962, I noticed that three Dems in the Senate (Wright, Negrete McLeod, and Correa) crossed party lines to vote against it.

Does anyone know of any similarly moderate Democrats in the Assembly who might be persuaded to vote against 962? Talking to my own rep (Brownley) is like talking to a wall.

Thanks in advance.

addiction
09-11-2009, 4:51 PM
sorry but listening is just pissing me off......

freonr22
09-11-2009, 4:53 PM
8 pipe bombs???? wtf

freonr22
09-11-2009, 4:54 PM
41 to 31

evollep3
09-11-2009, 4:54 PM
this momment of silence is sending chills down my back

Once A Marine
09-11-2009, 4:55 PM
152 people in Sacramento - we must have a state law to fix that! :fud:

evollep3
09-11-2009, 4:56 PM
damn it cut out on me before i can hear what happen so what was the verdict?

Once A Marine
09-11-2009, 4:57 PM
41-31. I would think that's a pass.

evollep3
09-11-2009, 5:00 PM
41-31. I would think that's a pass.

so its all on the Terminator! to VETO

spegull03
09-11-2009, 5:01 PM
41 to 31

so it passed assembly? straight to the gov's desk now?

Chunky_lover
09-11-2009, 5:07 PM
were fu**ed, no more shooting for me.

RaymondMillbrae
09-11-2009, 5:13 PM
I was listenting to this, and if I am correct, they said we can still purchase ammnution online. But the catch will be that IT MUST be shipped to a gun store, or dealership, to be picked-up.

And by the way, it must still be passed by our Governator. (Which I think HE WILL NOT veto).

kf6tac
09-11-2009, 5:16 PM
I was listenting to this, and if I am correct, they said we can still purchase ammnution online. But the catch will be that IT MUST be shipped to a gun store, or dealership, to be picked-up.

And by the way, it must still be passed by our Governator. (Which I think HE WILL NOT veto).

Assuming this is true (which I generally would not assume, since I trust De Leon and his lackeys about as far as I can throw my couch), I'd bet the gun stores and dealerships would charge you a nice "service fee" for receiving your delivery, if they even agree to do it in the first place -- after all, they're not your mail room.

09-11-2009, 5:16 PM

Sure, just pay a $75 Transfer fee for your FFL to accept the UPS package and you can buy online still. :mad:

greasemonkey
09-11-2009, 5:18 PM
Assuming this is true (which I generally would not assume, since I trust De Leon and his lackeys about as far as I can throw my couch), I'd bet the gun stores and dealerships would charge you a nice "service fee" for receiving your delivery, if they even agree to do it in the first place -- after all, they're not your mail room.

It's not like the shops can do it for free, they have to make money somehow. I seriously doubt the governator would veto this.

nick
09-11-2009, 5:22 PM
Well, then a legal challenge should be forthcoming. This bill is a serious threat to gun culture in CA. If more people stop shooting and more potential new shooters get deterred by the hassles of gun ownership here (as if it wasn't bad enough as it is), the gun culture will dwindle. Moreover, if something like this goes unchallenged, it sends the message that going after ammo is the way to go.

evollep3
09-11-2009, 5:23 PM
wow in that case im just going to get my ffl and charge $.01 a package just to piss someone off

Chunky_lover
09-11-2009, 5:27 PM
How is this even legal, ammo is not some restricted or illegal item to purchase. Who are these people that put this into law, dont we have a say in anything. Ammo has never been illegal and has a purpose.

Im so pissed right now

HondaMasterTech
09-11-2009, 5:51 PM
How much do you suspect ammunition will cost the consumer as a result of this bill?

97F1504RAD
09-11-2009, 5:53 PM
Well I have already written my letter to the Governor, I hope everyone else does the same.

Chunky_lover
09-11-2009, 6:02 PM
so is online rifle ammo sales okay? because there are alot of rifle ammo that can be used in a "handgun" like a 223 ar pistol, 9mm ar rifle etc.

SDgarrick
09-11-2009, 6:02 PM
We are being legistlated out of our rights and as was said this is indeed a threat to the CA gun culture. This is intolerable.

torsf
09-11-2009, 6:29 PM
It's interesting that on a anniversary of an attack on this country our own State is attacking our Rights.

xdanxx
09-11-2009, 6:30 PM
so is online rifle ammo sales okay? because there are alot of rifle ammo that can be used in a "handgun" like a 223 ar pistol, 9mm ar rifle etc.

had that same question

gordon freeman
09-11-2009, 6:39 PM
This scenario is why I only vote for Conservative Republicans.

Traitors, RHINOs, and G-men like Arnold should all rot somewhere in Zen!

bebop1034
09-11-2009, 7:00 PM
this state needs to just fall off the mainland already and make its own country so we can all leave and live in texas oregon neveda etc. this makes me sick :ack2::ack2: if had the money id make a big lawsuit. maybe we should all come together and sue like no ones ever sued before. what about all the LEO who actually buy there own duty loads etc. for there personally bought duty weapon jeez.

if this bill does pass when will it go into effect??

piglith
09-11-2009, 7:03 PM
How is this even legal, ammo is not some restricted or illegal item to purchase. Who are these people that put this into law, dont we have a say in anything. Ammo has never been illegal and has a purpose.

Im so pissed right now

Prolly 2-3x. CheaperThanDirt CCI just 2x ed. for .22 CCI. Wallyworld had for $7.85.

freonr22
09-11-2009, 7:11 PM
and we sit here and take it

DisgruntledReaper
09-11-2009, 7:16 PM
HOLY FLYING PIG TOURDS!!!

I sent a strongly worded letter using the 'one click' option and have received like...40 replies in my email..this is just an eyeball look.....have to go read them and see what they said...I also have a 'return/read receipt' tagged so if they just delete it I know about it..and then I will give them shiiit for not reading a constituents(sp?) letter and being derelict in their duties.....:43::43::popcorn::31:

Chunky_lover
09-11-2009, 7:23 PM
Cant the NRA do anything for us, or have they done anything?

Nodda Duma
09-11-2009, 7:23 PM
It's interesting that on a anniversary of an attack on this country our own State is attacking our Rights.

Not interesting, but shamefully ironic. I hope you don't mind that I mentioned this to the Governor when I emailed him asking for his veto on AB962

-Jason

freonr22
09-11-2009, 7:40 PM
i got 2-3 deleted w/o being read, i dont remember who they were

zchen
09-11-2009, 7:55 PM
sigh. why must we face these bills masked with the pretense of some how protecting us but only serve to further erode our liberty

emailed the governator couple more times

J_Rock
09-11-2009, 8:06 PM
I guess all that calling was for nothing...

CaliJeff
09-11-2009, 8:07 PM
Not interesting, but shamefully ironic. I hope you don't mind that I mentioned this to the Governor when I emailed him asking for his veto on AB962

-Jason

I mentioned september 11th in my letter to the governor as well

dirtyJ
09-11-2009, 8:13 PM
and we sit here and take it

Are you ****ing serious? You post this **** in all these threads, but what are you going to do? You're gonna email, call, fax, and then sit there and take it like a *****. Stop trying to stir up **** and getting more people in trouble.

addiction
09-11-2009, 8:14 PM
DeLeon "this has nothing to do with gunsso it does not infringe on the 2nd amendment"

some one needs to educate this moron, the 2nd amendment says "right to keep and bear arms" it says nothing about guns either.

wonder that DeLeon thinks is the definition of "arms" guessing it is the thing attached at our shoulder.....

Chunky_lover
09-11-2009, 8:30 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9t1Of45QHd0/R_xAL-yPFJI/AAAAAAAAC2U/MxJuo7KwfLw/s320/1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

piglith
09-11-2009, 8:34 PM
Emailing the Senators will not do any good at this point will it? Its already past the state Senate. It is all in the hands of the Govanotor.

RRangel
09-11-2009, 8:36 PM
I guess all that calling was for nothing...

No, not at all. It's important that they know we're watching them. We could be very close to changing the tide, but if people get discouraged and quit it will never happen. It doesn't take much effort to contact them and it doesn't hurt. The more we do it the better we get. Not to mention over time there will be more members here to contact their reps in a timely manner.

dirtnap
09-11-2009, 8:46 PM
I've got my pitchfork and torch, just point me In the right direction....

SJM
09-11-2009, 9:01 PM
I hate living in this state -_-

sent out some e-mails in the morning today, just a shame that this is still going through, lets limit all the legal gun owners and waste our resources instead of actually doing something about the illegal guns that are the problem in the first place... amazing.

RaymondMillbrae
09-11-2009, 9:14 PM
Does "ammunition" mean reloading supplies - like bullets?

Or are they only speaking of complete rounds?

freonr22
09-11-2009, 9:19 PM
Are you ****ing serious? You post this **** in all these threads, but what are you going to do? You're gonna email, call, fax, and then sit there and take it like a *****. Stop trying to stir up **** and getting more people in trouble.

Hey I posted in the 3 threads on PURPOSE. I am so MAD Right now. I know the Calgunners are doing something. I UNDERSTAND I am one of US. BUT as a WHOLE, US AMERICANS, US CALIFORNIANS, ARE SITTING on our Butt. WE are not out in the streets, (if that would even be the right thing. We are not doing a Million man march. we are typing on our computers and complaining. So we send emails. SO

WE NEED TO GET OFF OUR BUTTS AND DO SOMETHING. HOW ABOUT A CALGUNS (I MEAN ALL CALGUNS) go to Sacremento and protest. I will, WILL YOU? WHO IS WITH me????

ledman
09-11-2009, 9:21 PM
Hey I posted in the 3 threads on PURPOSE. I am so MAD Right now. I know the Calgunners are doing something. I UNDERSTAND I am one of US. BUT as a WHOLE, US AMERICANS, US CALIFORNIANS, ARE SITTING on our Butt. WE are not out in the streets, (if that would even be the right thing. We are not doing a Million man march. we are typing on our computers and complaining. So we send emails. SO

WE NEED TO GET OFF OUR BUTTS AND DO SOMETHING. HOW ABOUT A CALGUNS (I MEAN ALL CALGUNS) go to Sacremento and protest. I will, WILL YOU? WHO IS WITH me????

Can we take our guns with us?:D

AEC1
09-11-2009, 9:21 PM

I am about 70% sure that in less then two years there will be enough pissed off patriots that it will not take much to light the embers that are glowing. Keep stiring it up. that is what made us free in the first place!!!

pdq_wizzard
09-11-2009, 9:26 PM
I am very near Sac, you just say when, also anyone have some good picket sign slogans?

freonr22
09-11-2009, 9:30 PM
The other side does it. they even pay people to goto town halls, to protest. I pm'd Dirty j this right now:

"I mean no disrespect to you or anyone, I am trying to get people motivated, what is your thought? what we are doing is not working. what is your commitment? I am not trying in any way to be an ***. whats is your solution? I am open. my cell # is 408.898.6423
paul

J_Rock
09-11-2009, 9:34 PM
Im just as pissed off as any of you guys. This crap is getting way out of hand.

CnCFunFactory
09-11-2009, 9:36 PM
I am very near Sac, you just say when, also anyone have some good picket sign slogans?

Yeah, I got one for ya...

"Keep your F****** hands off my money, my guns and now my ammo!"

freonr22
09-11-2009, 9:40 PM
I am about 70% sure that in less then two years there will be enough pissed off patriots that it will not take much to light the embers that are glowing. Keep stiring it up. that is what made us free in the first place!!!

Thank you thats what I am trying to do

Maestro Pistolero
09-11-2009, 9:42 PM
My letter to the governor:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=220240&page=9

post #84

Trapper John
09-11-2009, 9:51 PM
Just sent my first email to the Governor's Office asking veto of these bills. I'm also about to email Senator Cox and Assembly Member Huber to thank them for their no votes on both these bills. Then I guess its a blood pressure reducing beverage, some rest and light up the phones, fax and email tomorrow.

Don't let the bastards get you down!

John

xbolt338
09-11-2009, 10:43 PM
just e-mailed the governor...hopefully he will terminate this bill...

Tactical_NINJA
09-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey I posted in the 3 threads on PURPOSE...

I have to say, I probably saw one of those threads the other day... and did nothing. Now I log on to find out that my inaction has contributed to the current situation. I have to apologize to my fellow Calgunners for that. Sometimes you think you "have more time" to act; in reality once you realize that's not the case, it's too late.

Just some back story as to why I wish I'd done my part. I'm currently in Iraq on my second tour. At present, I only own three pistols, in three different calibers. The only way I've been able to purchase ammunition in time for me to be home in leave is through internet purchases. Now, as the bill has passed, I am no longer allowed this method. Thus, my regret in not acting sooner.

I'm sure I'm not the only California resident in the armed forces with the same situation. However, I will be drafting a letter to the Governor as soon as I can to hopefully make up for my previous inaction. Let's do what we can now with the situation we have.

Theseus
09-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I propose we conduct long gun protest marches. . . Get the hunters, sports shooters and the like help us protest the outrage.

If they don't want us using handguns and the safer handgun ammunition for home defense then we can use our OLL rifles. . . Imagine the courtroom. . . "He used a high powered rifle to kill the intruder, he is a murderer!"

You - "The only reason I used the rifle is that I couldn't find any handgun ammo because of AB-962"

From the hours of about 12 Noon until 3 PM my fax machine was broadcasting my mail merged faxes to the appropriate assembly members, sentators and the gubenator. . . And then I followed up with a mail-merge e-mail blast.

greasemonkey
09-11-2009, 11:29 PM
The governator's office will be hearing from me for dang sure, a few emails off to him already but I'll be calling, writing paper letters and faxing.

1BigPea
09-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Is there a way to send the Governor constant tweeter messages?

Or is it just following what he is doing? It seems he's pretty active on tweeter.