PDA

View Full Version : Blanas retiring; who is best?

AntiBubba 2.1
09-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Sacramento County Sheriff Lou Blanas has announced he isn't going to run for Sheriff again. At least three people have announced that they will run. Are there any candidates who might support CCW, or at least be neutral on the subject?

For those not in Sac, you could get a CCW in the county, as long as your contribution to the blanas Re-Election fund had enough zeroes in it.

jnojr
09-23-2005, 3:10 PM
Ask them! Write each candidate a letter and ask for their position. Find out who's the best choice, and get campaigning for him/her. get the word out to all gun stores and shooting ranges.

AntiBubba 2.1
09-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Oh, sure! Make MEdo all the work!!

Right. I'll report back, as soon as I have something.

bu-bye
09-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Antibubba:
Oh, sure! Make MEdo all the work!!

LMAO

The county rests in the hands of Antibubba. God speed.

joe_sun
09-27-2005, 2:18 PM
Last night I was speaking to someone who works as a volunteer for the SO and he said he's spoken to John McGinness a few times and says that McGinness is pro CCW.

I'd like to get this on paper instead of just hearsay but he says McGinness has told him that it's so dangerous in parts of Sacramento that he thinks law abiding citizens should carry even if they don't have a CCW.

Does McGinness have a campaign site somewhere? I've Googled but can't find anything about him running.

We need to do some research on this and elect a pro CCW Sheriff!

joe_sun
09-28-2005, 8:51 AM
Okay, this sounds promising. One of my good friends is friends with a Sac SO Deputy. He said that over the weekend his deputy friend mentioned to him that McGinness is pro CCW. Once again this isn’t first hand and I’d like to hear it from McGinness.

JeffCinSac
04-07-2006, 8:29 AM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread...

...the Sac Bee recently reported that there would be only two candidates for Sheriff; current undersheriff John McGinness and former Citrus Heights mayor Bret Daniels.

I googled them both, but neither has a campaign web page. Does anyone have any contact info or any other first hand knowledge of these candidates' stance on CCW?

Thanks,

-J

shopkeep
04-07-2006, 9:22 AM
According to my friends in Law Enforcement, they are extremely confident that John McGuiness will win Sheriff. He is currently the undersheriff and has significantly more law enforcement experience than his opponent. I'm basically holding off on my CCW until John McGuiness wins because even in the absolute worst scenario he'll only be as hard as Blanas to get a CCW with (i.e. impossible).

04-07-2006, 11:28 AM
I think all Sacramento county voters that belong to this site need to get into the game on this one. I have no idea where to start but I'm willing to work for any progun/ccw candidate. Anybody have any contacts?

JeffCinSac
04-10-2006, 6:46 AM
BTT.

Contacts? I'm willing to write a letter to McGinness, if I can find him...

...perhaps I'll send an email to the sheriff's department and ask if they have contact information. More to come.

-J

Paladin
04-10-2006, 3:42 PM
BTT.

Contacts? I'm willing to write a letter to McGinness, if I can find him...

...perhaps I'll send an email to the sheriff's department and ask if they have contact information. More to come.

-J

If you can't find contact info, the Sac Co Registrar of Voters office will probably have their contact info on file.

http://www.co.sacramento.ca.us/elections/

Ck out the sticky "The Los Angeles County CCW Permit Challenge" ( www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=31670 ) for ideas on what to do.

Paladin
04-10-2006, 3:49 PM
I think all Sacramento county voters that belong to this site need to get into the game on this one. I have no idea where to start but I'm willing to work for any progun/ccw candidate. Anybody have any contacts?

Ck out www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=31670 for ideas. Also, don't forget to talk to people and leave flyers at gun shops, gun ranges, gun clubs, and gun forums.

You've got almost 1 1/2 million subjects, . . . eh, I mean citizens w/o the right to carry in Sac Co. Wish you the best!

dwtt
04-10-2006, 6:50 PM
Ask them! Write each candidate a letter and ask for their position. Find out who's the best choice, and get campaigning for him/her.
I did this with the candidates for San Jose mayor. So far none have replied and I don't think anyone will reply to my question about their stand on gun control and enforcing gun laws.