PDA

View Full Version : Mesa Tactical

capitol
05-27-2005, 9:25 PM
Anyone have an opinion on Mesa Tactical products? Im considering a Rem 870 Police all decked out with the Mesa tactical stock conversion and side saddles. The saddles are aluminum and seem much more sturdy then all the plastic jobs on the market.
Oh and who mfg's a metal/aluminum AR-15 stock. The plastic ones are cheasy in my opinion.<~~~~could be the wrong forum to ask ??'s about AR-15 stocks......
Thanks for any help fellas

esskay
05-28-2005, 8:21 AM
Aftermarket AR stocks with the best reputation these days seem to be:
- LMT
- VLTOR
- Magpul

These aren't cheap though.

esskay
05-28-2005, 2:59 PM
Indeed not cheap, as I noted. But I have an LMT and I like the cheek weld much better.

Certainly one of the 2nd gen M4 stocks get the job done though.

capitol
05-28-2005, 9:30 PM
Im still after the metal Ar15 stock. I just dont care for the plastic w/firearms combo. Do you guys know anything about StockShox? More plastic Im afraid.
Oh and i thought a used Rem 870P would be easy to come by and its turning out not to be the case. Checked all my local dealers, Guns America, Gun Broker, Impact Guns, Davidsons and got nada.

05-30-2005, 2:00 PM
Try looking at these stocks
http://www.aceltdusa.com/ar15.htm#M4SOCOM

super solid

capitol
05-30-2005, 6:54 PM
40boy,
Thats the one! The Ace M4 SOCOM stock is it. I noticed the the A1/A2 buffer and spring are not included with the Ace M4 stock. Do I need those too? http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

imported_1911_sfca
06-01-2005, 6:58 AM
I installed the Mesa Tactical kit with collapsible AR4-style stock on my Remington 870 Express. I wanted something tactical to use during my tactical shotgun class. Also had a 6-shot sidesaddle, reflex sight, surefire forend (heavy) and Giles sling.

I found that the weight balance went WAYYY forward with this setup, so much that it was very difficult to go from a standing to a prone position supporting the gun with one hand.

I also found that the ergonomics made it quite difficult to hold the pistol grip properly, and to cover the safety so that I could quickly turn it off.

As for Mesa Tactical, their product is very well made, and the customer service was superb. I recommend them if you're going for the stock conversion.

After seeing that these conversions made the ergonomics worse for me, I went back to the factory stock. It's a shame, because I liked the look of the collapsible stock better. Here's a picture of what it looked like:
http://www.kniveton.com/images/homed/homed-Images/4.jpg

capitol
06-03-2005, 8:07 PM
Originally posted by San Francisco, 1911:
I installed the Mesa Tactical kit with collapsible AR4-style stock on my Remington 870 Express. I wanted something tactical to use during my tactical shotgun class. Also had a 6-shot sidesaddle, reflex sight, surefire forend (heavy) and Giles sling.

I found that the weight balance went WAYYY forward with this setup, so much that it was very difficult to go from a standing to a prone position supporting the gun with one hand.

I also found that the ergonomics made it quite difficult to hold the pistol grip properly, and to cover the safety so that I could quickly turn it off.

As for Mesa Tactical, their product is very well made, and the customer service was superb. I recommend them if you're going for the stock conversion.

After seeing that these conversions made the ergonomics worse for me, I went back to the factory stock. It's a shame, because I liked the look of the collapsible stock better.

SF1911,
Yours is a typical tactical shotgun and I say that with respect. I don’t mean to offend you in anyway. That is just the way most put them together. I have a few other ideas.
First, I don’t care for the high tube AR-15 conversion. I’ve shouldered one and I can’t get my eye level correct. Even looking through an EoTech it didn’t feel right. You need a cheek piece if you ask me. I’m waiting for the Mesa Tactical Low tube due out in July.
Several advantages with this set up. Natural point of aim, can use iron/bead sights, don’t need an Aimpoint, EoTech, red-dot etc. I will use this as an HD/brush shotgun and I don’t wanna fiddle turning on optics. One note: Why isn’t Mesa anodizing these conversions black or better yet parking them??
Next, I can’t stand those plastic side shell holders. Ive busted more of those then I care to admit. Mesa has aluminum shell holders and I intend on abusing em.
Finally, the stock.Those space age, high impact, resistant polymer up to 700 degrees….errr PLASTIC butt stocks I cant accept.
I received this bad boy in the mail today. It’s a battering ram/hammer disguised as a rifle stock. All metal and can be used with pneumatic recoil systems. Collapsible down to 9.5" out to 12.5" with butt pad and adds a bit of weight for balance.

http://www.aceltdusa.com/images04/AR15/M4SOCOM-Open_med.jpg

I have some other ideas too, but dont want to spill it all yet http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mesa Tactical
06-12-2005, 1:14 PM
Hi folks!

If you don't like plastic buttstocks, the ACE Ltd stocks will work with our High-tube adapter. Not yet sure about the Low-tub (we have one of those ACE stocks here somewhere, but it's not handy right now). Oddly enough, the AR adapter ACE sells is plastic.

With Mesa Tactical gear, form follows function. Our anodizing is mil-spec Type III hard anodizing, with a black dye. It comes out dark gray on the bead-blasted parts of the castings. That's just how it works. You'll see the exact same color on, for example, a Trijicon ACOG, because they also have cast aluminum bodies and use the same mil-spec anodizing.

Parkerizing is a commercial name for a dark manganese phosphate finish. Manganese phosphate is a finish for steel, not aluminum. There are mil-specs for manganese phosphate finishes and we use these with some of our steel parts, for example, our sling loops and hook loops.

If folks aren't happy with the color of our adapters, we suggest refinishing them with a coating such as DuraCoat. (http://www.lauerweaponry.com/) This appears to be great stuff; several of our customers have used it to dress up their guns.