PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trading my S&W Model 10 for a Model686

imported_dadoody
03-13-2005, 3:18 AM
Hey guys,

I need some opinions.

I'm thinking of trading my Model 10 for a 686.

The Model 10 is very new. I bought it last October and it rolled of the assembly line sometime in may or june of 2004. It shoots nice, but I think I might need something more powerful.

I saw a Model 686, blued with wood grips and thought it was an awesome gun. Has 7 chambers instead of 6. I can't seem to find it anywhere else either http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Anyways, I was wondering, is there any real cause for me to trade-in to a model 686?

Or would it be cheaper for me to just buy a Taurus 357 somewhere down the line?

Thanks.

imported_dadoody
03-13-2005, 3:18 AM
Hey guys,

I need some opinions.

I'm thinking of trading my Model 10 for a 686.

The Model 10 is very new. I bought it last October and it rolled of the assembly line sometime in may or june of 2004. It shoots nice, but I think I might need something more powerful.

I saw a Model 686, blued with wood grips and thought it was an awesome gun. Has 7 chambers instead of 6. I can't seem to find it anywhere else either http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Anyways, I was wondering, is there any real cause for me to trade-in to a model 686?

Or would it be cheaper for me to just buy a Taurus 357 somewhere down the line?

Thanks.

freshdesigns@hotmail.com
03-13-2005, 6:13 AM
Well, personally, I would never trade a blue S&W for a stainless one like the 686. However, it sounds like you saw a 586, which is the blued moded (686 is stainless). In that case, do what floats your boat but stick with S&W over Taurus.

snwnme@realguns.com
03-13-2005, 8:12 AM
<_< or is it >_>?

First, why do you think you need something more powerful? Do you live in a rough neighborhood? Do you go hiking alot in mtn lion territory?

Second, how much of a loss are you willing to accept for trading in your gun? Your gun shop won't give you squat for a used Model 10. S&W made them millions of them. J&G sells used ones for $189.

Just MHO, keep the 10. Stay away from Taurus, Put the 586 on layaway.

Welcome to Calguns.net. Lots of good folks here.

freshdesigns@hotmail.com
03-13-2005, 9:10 AM
SnWnMe,
First, excellent advice on keeping the 10 and getting the 586.

Second, however, be VERY careful about having yourself, or someone else, analyze the "Who, what and why" reasons for buying another gun. If we all did this, we'd all own a S&W model 10 and nothing much else! We can all find ways to justify more guns, so let's not get too "reasonable"! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

imported_dadoody
03-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Thanks guys.

Well, I'm a bit of a weirdo. I don't want to own more than 1 revolver. 375 is so versatile, but I bought the model 10 because it was just so purdy ;_;

It's was like seeing a real cute girl and going after her, but then I see her cousin who's even hotter.

Well, I guess I don't need the power. Might just go buy a 'security' shotgun instead. It'd be cheaper anyways.