PDA

View Full Version : Chabot Precision rifle Match

fishnfst
06-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Hello anyone have any info on the Precision rifle match at Chabot that just passed. I'm interested in trying one out. What is the course of fire? What sort of rifle are most competitors using? What are the general distances they are shooting?? Timed fire, Rapid fire any and all info would be much appreciated..
Thanks
Fish

dwtt
06-02-2005, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by fishnfst:
Hello anyone have any info on the Precision rifle match at Chabot that just passed. I'm interested in trying one out. What is the course of fire? What sort of rifle are most competitors using? What are the general distances they are shooting?? Timed fire, Rapid fire any and all info would be much appreciated..
Thanks
Fish
Are you referring to the club's 3-gun matches on the 1st and 4th Sundays of the month? I haven't shot any of their precision rifle matches, but I have shot their shotgun and carbine matches. If you are interested in precision rifle matches, you might be better off shooting the High Power matches once a month at Chabot which are shot at 200 yards. These are CMP affiliated. If you are interested in 3-gun, Chabot's matches are laid back and casual and are as fun as you make them. The matches alternate between shotgun, precision rifle, carbine, and multiple pistols. Course of fire is designed by whoever is organizing the particular match and varies from month to month. The precision rifle matches also use the 200 yard range, though. The next match is this sunday, June 5, and it's a shotgun match. Bring buckshot and slugs, and your pistol.

shooterx10
06-02-2005, 9:56 PM
I shot the match last Sunday and it was pretty physically challenging because we were shooting from different positions other than prone and under the clock (on Range 8). As usual, we had the usual pop up targets (courtesy of people in the target bays) and movers as well.

The most fun COF was when we had to shoot at clay pigeons on Range 4 each from a different shooting position, running from each position, and on the clock.

Think of a 3-gun COF for rifles, but with a precision bolt action rifle!