PDA

View Full Version : WHY DID MY 03 FFL GET RETURNED TO SENDER?? WTF?

Eroland7
09-08-2009, 12:32 PM
I mailed off my application a couple weeks ago, and sent it to the PO box address in Dallas, TX exactly as stated on the application. I just got it back "Returned to sender" The employee at the post office said that the address did not exist. And that exact PO box number on the actual 03FFL application does not exist?!?!?!? AM I missing something?

sigfan91
09-08-2009, 12:39 PM
I thought the processing center is in GA.

emcon5
09-08-2009, 12:41 PM
The address on the forms I just received isn't in Dallas, it is Atlanta.

BATFE
PO Box 409567
Atlanta GA, 30384-9567

johnthomas
09-08-2009, 12:41 PM
I mailed off my application a couple weeks ago, and sent it to the PO box address in Dallas, TX exactly as stated on the application. I just got it back "Returned to sender" The employee at the post office said that the address did not exist. And that exact PO box number on the actual 03FFL application does not exist?!?!?!? AM I missing something?

Federal Firearms Licensing Center Moves to Martinsburg, West Virginia

9/26/08

Effective October 1, 2008, the Federal Firearms Licensing Center (FFLC) will undergo a workload redistribution to facilitate its permanent transfer of function from Atlanta, Georgia to Martinsburg, West Virginia. This transfer of function was mandated by Congress in ATF’s FY2005 appropriations legislation.

New contact information for the FFLC is attached. All applications received by the FFLC with a postmark date of October 1, 2008 or later will be assigned for processing based on the attached list of State assignments. Applications postmarked before October 1, 2008 will continue to be assigned to their current examiner for completion.

As with previous workload redistributions, we anticipate an initial adjustment period and appreciate your patience in advance. Please contact the FFLC toll free at 1-866-662-2750 with any questions about this change.

Federal Firearms Licensing Center Office Roster
Federal Firearms Licensing Center Corporate Accounts Distribution
Could this be the problem? There is a phone number there for you also.

johnthomas
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Just call the number and talk to someone.

ke6guj
09-08-2009, 12:54 PM
sounds like you were using the obsolete C&R PDF form that is hosted on cruffler.com. That version is from around 1995 and is no longer acceptable.

There is no acceptable PDF version of the form available. You need to use the green C&R form, revised May 2005, and send it to the GA address on the form.

fusionstar
09-08-2009, 1:05 PM
get the real form from ATF.

Eroland7
09-08-2009, 1:27 PM
ouch... :banghead: OK thanks guys. Anyone have an extra copy of the correct green application that they could shoot me? Or where can I actually get the right one? Thanks again.

leitung
09-08-2009, 2:17 PM
The ATF form should be avaliable to order on the website. I take about 2-3 weeks to get to your house.

Mine is all ready for next month ;)

sigfan91
09-08-2009, 2:19 PM
ouch... :banghead: OK thanks guys. Anyone have an extra copy of the correct green application that they could shoot me? Or where can I actually get the right one? Thanks again.

Look on ATF website to see if there's a local branch office near you. Give that office a call. I called my local office and had a form sent to me within 2 days.