PDA

View Full Version : FYI on Metcalf

shootdamoon
09-08-2009, 8:53 AM
FYI, Metcalf Gun Range will be closed on weekdays and only open on the weekends until Sep 30. Word is that they are getting some upgrades\renovations done to the range. Not sure on the specifics of those changes. Had a great time shooting this weekend at Metcalf and ran into a fellow Calguns member. Metcalf was packed and you had to go an a waiting list for the rifle range. Pistol range you could walk on but by the time I left that was full as well.

tamalpias
09-08-2009, 10:40 PM
i love sunnyvale rod and gun club. it is so much nicer than the old metcalf. I hope the new upgrades will make it shadier to shoot in.

jimbo1747
09-13-2009, 2:43 PM
Just went to Metcalf today (9/13/09). The rangemaster (John) said that they will be closed this weekend (9/19/09-9/20/09) for renovations. Looks like they're getting ready to pour a concrete floor in front of the shooting stations? He said if all goes well, Metcalf will be open for business the following weekend. However, like the Bay Bridge, if something unexpected comes up, the may have to close that weekend also.

Might want to give them a call (408-463-0652) to make sure they're open before heading up there.