PDA

View Full Version : Lytle Creek Shoot-N-Q - Saturday, September 26th

Pages : [1] 2

SeanCasey
09-07-2009, 5:54 PM
Calguns Shoot-N-Q

When: 9/26/09 (Saturday, September 26th), 8:00am to whenever
Where: Lytle Creek (http://lytlecreekrange.com/)
Cost: ($13/shooter or $3/non-shooter)

Agenda:
Shooting plus BBQ plus informal open discussion about Pro-2A activisim and volunteering for Calguns in your local community.

The BBQ will be bring your own food style, but if you bring extra to share that would be great!

What is needed:
1: EZ-Up for shade, we will not be on the normal public section of the range, so we will need some shade
2: Propane BBQ - mrlonewolf
3: Food/Drinks (soda/water) - pennys dad (water + hotdogs and buns)
4: Tables - mrlonewolf (6ft), sean(5ft)
5: Chairs - sean (two plastic, 2 folding)

Lets us know if you plan on attending.

UPDATE:
Attendance:

Attending:
Sean
PennysDad +1
mrlonewolf
retired
foulball +1 maybe
theseus
eat dirt +1
mattymatt
Gigan +2
Crusader
JaMail +1 to 3 maybe?
andrewmendez +1
Ducman
stag6.8
bdsmchs

Maybe:
The Cable Guy
jaymz
scratch705
butthead

Total: 15 Confirmed + 5 to 9 guests and 5 maybes (as many as 29 people)

So this means that we will need lots of food! The idea behind the food is bring it to share with everyone. Bring as much as you feel comfortable with bringing. Bring snacks, hotdogs, burgers, Carne Asada, etc. Water, Soda, and Diet Soda are good too.

Supplies:
Tables: Sean (1), mrlonewolf (1), theseus (2), eat dirt (1), JaMail (2)
Chairs: Sean (4), Eat Dirt (8), Gigan (?)
Food/Drinks: pennysdad(water & hotdogs/buns), sean(diet soda, burgers, buns), Gigan (soda + hotdogs), Crusader (chips), Andrewmendez (Carne Asada + snacks)
Coolers + ice: sean (1), theseus (2)
BBQ: mrlonewolf (1), Gigan (1)
EZUP: theseus (1), eat dirt (1), JaMail (1)

pennys dad
09-07-2009, 6:24 PM
Im in!

I will bring a case of water and hotdogs and buns. I would really love to get bring an easy up but I need to find one.

My wife will come as well. Bring your other half.

Scratch705
09-07-2009, 8:43 PM
awww... same date as my friend's sevenstock 12 (super big rotary car meet)

already made plans to go there... would have loved to join you guys to shoot again.

Lyte-
09-07-2009, 9:56 PM
I am on call this whole month and there is no cell phone service out there... but I will see if I can sneak away i can't commit at this time

retired
09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
There actually is cell phone service depending on your service provider. I have Verizon and have made and received calls out there; and then sometimes I can't. I guess it depends where you are standing out there.:)

rubber duckie
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
aww, i'll be in NJ that weekend. i was looking forward to meeting other cal gunners.

mrlonewolf
09-08-2009, 2:20 PM
I'm in...
I'll bring a propane BBQ & 6' table.

retired
09-08-2009, 2:20 PM
btt

professionalcoyotehunter
09-08-2009, 2:21 PM
Guiding a coyote hunt that day.

SeanCasey
09-08-2009, 2:58 PM
I"ll also bring a table and some chairs. Probably need a couple more chairs though.

Lucky Scott
09-08-2009, 8:22 PM
Bummer,
Gonna be Drag racing in Bristol TN that weekend.
My favorite range too!
heck, if I could have made it I could have brought 4 EZ ups.

wildhawker
09-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Come on IE, grab your guns, gear and better half and join your extended family for a great day at the range! Plus, learn about some ways to get involved in the fight for 2A, right there in your neighborhoods and communities!

Foulball
09-09-2009, 9:18 AM
I'm in. Maybe one other as well.
I'll see how many chairs I can round up (at least one extra).
I'll bring some water also. Trying to find an E-Z Up.

Lyte-
09-09-2009, 10:11 AM
There actually is cell phone service depending on your service provider. I have Verizon and have made and received calls out there; and then sometimes I can't. I guess it depends where you are standing out there.:)

Occasionally I get things through but the company phone is T mobile and I can''t afford to not get a call through if I get paged....

jaymz
09-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I am a definite maybe right now. I'll know for sure late next week.

retired
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I haven't been told any minimum number required to have one of the ranges set aside for us, but it would be great to have more than we have so far.

I hope those who have said yes are bringing their families or SO also; the more, the merrier.

Theseus
09-09-2009, 4:27 PM
Calguns Shoot-N-Q

When: 9/26/09 (Saturday, September 26th), 8:00am to whenever
Where: Lytle Creek (http://lytlecreekrange.com/)
Cost: ($13/shooter or $3/non-shooter)

Agenda:
Shooting plus BBQ plus informal open discussion about Pro-2A activisim and volunteering for Calguns in your local community.

The BBQ will be bring your own food style, but if you bring extra to share that would be great!

What is needed:
1: EZ-Up for shade, we will not be on the normal public section of the range, so we will need some shade
2: Propane BBQ - mrlonewolf
3: Food/Drinks (soda/water) - pennys dad (water + hotdogs and buns)
4: Tables - mrlonewolf (6ft), sean(5ft)
5: Chairs - sean (two plastic, 2 folding)

Lets us know if you plan on attending.

I will mark it down.

I can provide 2 x 5ft tables and 1 x EZ-Up Canopy. . . I slightly broke the canopy trying to take it down last year camping, but it should work fine. . so if there is a second, that would probably be good.

I can also bring 2 coolers, dry ice and ice.

Let me know if some or none of that is needed.

KylaGWolf
09-09-2009, 7:24 PM
I would love to but unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Besides after four days of shooting (800 rounds) I have a feeling my hands won't be up to it. But someone take pictures.

Eat Dirt
09-09-2009, 8:01 PM
I'll jump on the Bandwagon ..........

I can bring : 1 E-Z up cover / Folding chairs,, maybe 8 / 1 sm. folding table

And O' Yes a couple 'Ol guns/ I've been wanting to bring up my Garand I got

Who's bringing the Ammo ?? / I didn't see it on the list

SeanCasey
09-09-2009, 8:06 PM
For those who have offered to bring stuff a big thank you! I will be touch with you as we get closer to this even to confim what to bring. Thank again!

uxo2
09-09-2009, 8:35 PM
Working that day

pennys dad
09-09-2009, 8:50 PM
Oh

Quick note, I will bring my wife. Bring a Friend or a Wife or Husband or Son or Daughter.
If you cant come thats OK, we will see you at the next one. Oh pass the word on, if you have a friends list copy and paste this in an email or IM to them.

Thx Again!!!

Jacob "Pennys Dad"

Eat Dirt
09-10-2009, 7:54 AM
Oh

Quick note, I will bring my wife. Bring a Friend or a Wife or Husband or Son or Daughter.
Jacob "Pennys Dad"

I'll be bring my youngest son / The other is driving a Cal-Fire truck in Bishop

Theseus
09-10-2009, 11:20 AM
For firearms, I can bring my M38, Mossburg 702, AR-15, XD-40.

I don't have a lot of ammo as I am broke as an almost convict. . . but if you bring the ammo, you can shoot them.

I will clean them when I get home. ;)

I am going to try and bring a few people with me. I have a friend of my wife's, her boyfriend (the wife's friends boyfriend, not my wife's boyfriend. . . he doesn't like guns), maybe another Calgunner that isn't so well known.

The Cable Guy
09-10-2009, 11:43 AM
I will try to make it, never been to Lytle before.

Foulball
09-10-2009, 6:39 PM
I'll be bringing a Saiga .308, an AES 10B and a .45.
Might have my AR done by then but I'm not too sure.

Eat Dirt
09-10-2009, 7:58 PM
Is anybody doing a head count yet??

How many people are coming ??
Do we need to start a list ??

pennys dad
09-10-2009, 9:04 PM
I suspect Sean will post a list soon. He probably needs a Black n Tan to help him create a list :cheers2: Oh dam! I just got a craving for a Guiness from Auld.

Foulball
09-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I suspect Sean will post a list soon. He probably needs a Black n Tan to help him create a list :cheers2: Oh dam! I just got a craving for a Guiness from Auld.

lol :43:

AlliedArmory
09-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Aww. Usc vs Wash St that day. Can't give away my tickets...

maybe next time guys/gals. Never been to Lytle before. Sounds like a good time

Scratch705
09-11-2009, 12:10 AM
For firearms, I can bring my M38, Mossburg 702, AR-15, XD-40.

I don't have a lot of ammo as I am broke as an almost convict. . . but if you bring the ammo, you can shoot them.

I will clean them when I get home. ;)

I am going to try and bring a few people with me. I have a friend of my wife's, her boyfriend (the wife's friends boyfriend, not my wife's boyfriend. . . he doesn't like guns), maybe another Calgunner that isn't so well known.

may try to attend this so i can go pick your brain for my school speech/paper research for open carry topic.... :D

Theseus
09-11-2009, 1:55 AM
may try to attend this so i can go pick your brain for my school speech/paper research for open carry topic.... :D

Um. . . Zombies should probably avoid such places where large quantities of Zombie Defense Weapons exist.

Any attempt to pick brains may result in activation of my Zombie Eradication Plan....:cool2:

Seriously though, I will try to be there and available for questions.

Gigan
09-11-2009, 6:11 AM
Sounds like a great time. Going to see if I can make it. I'll post again when It's a sure thing. If I come I will be bringing two kids, girl (9) and boy (7). He just got a 22 so were looking forward to it. course Ill bring some other things to help out as well. Hope to make it. I'll let you know soon as I can! :)

AndrewMendez
09-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I work at 7pm that day/night, So as along as i dont work the day before, I will be good to go. Would be my girlfriend and I. I will let you know guys know in a couple days when I go back to work.

mattymatt
09-11-2009, 4:04 PM
I should be able to make so count me in.

Scratch705
09-11-2009, 5:08 PM
btw, i can bring 4 folding chairs.

Butthead
09-11-2009, 5:56 PM
I will try to make it. NO xc meet that day (unusual) so its a maybe. Been away alot lately hunting so I will have to take the temp here at home closer to the date. If I come I can bring EZ-UP's or chairs or tables, not all. I will keep an eye on this thread. Does anyone know the length of the private range and if we would be allowed to shoot .50's on it.

Gigan
09-11-2009, 8:22 PM
I plan on being there with soda pops, (hot) dogs, a small propane bbq, chairs and table if need be. Also two kids, a Rem 870, M44, and a Marlin 795. and some ammo! I need to find somewhere I can get cheap target stands!!

pennys dad
09-11-2009, 9:05 PM
i am tinkering with making target stands, how many do you need? or what kind of stand are you looking for?

Gigan
09-11-2009, 9:32 PM
nothing special something for my sons 22. and one for me. Something is better than nothing :)

Crusader
09-11-2009, 9:39 PM
I'm in. I was going to go to the Belt-Fed shoot, but Calguns is more important.

I don't know what to bring, I guess I'll just grab some chips or something. Is that cool?

retired
09-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm in. I was going to go to the Belt-Fed shoot, but Calguns is more important.

I don't know what to bring, I guess I'll just grab some chips or something. Is that cool?

Crusader, if that is all you want for lunch, that's cool.;) In all seriousness, you might want to bring an actual meal for yourself. It sounds like some people will bring extra stuff and they may share, but we have decided there will not be any selling of food. If we do that, the FS requires 15% of the take. Not Lytle Creek, but the FS. It is their land, their rules.:)

Gigan
09-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Who are the FS?? Big Brother??:TFH:

pennys dad
09-12-2009, 6:37 AM
well we didnt really intend on selling food, I think we just didnt send a clear message.

ke6guj
09-12-2009, 11:35 AM

FS probably means Forest Service.

wildhawker
09-12-2009, 12:42 PM
well we didnt really intend on selling food, I think we just didnt send a clear message.

^ This. Never will food be sold at a CGN event; we will take donations for CGF, however, at each and every one. I suggest that donations be made offsite so that Lytle has no bearing on the issue. I'm sure the creative minds involved will figure a way to make it happen.

-BC

SeanCasey
09-12-2009, 2:01 PM
On a side note I will be posting some updates to this thread in the next day or two. I fell a little behind due to a real nasty cold.

retired
09-12-2009, 8:22 PM

FS is indeed the Forest Service and in this case, they are big brother. They own the land the range is on and the Lytle Creek Corp. leases the land from them. They have to follow the rules or the range can be shut down.

From what I was told, the FS people they deal with are actually pro 2A and like the range being there.

Gigan
09-12-2009, 8:36 PM
cool thanx for the info:D

retired
09-14-2009, 11:54 AM
btt

AndrewMendez
09-14-2009, 4:15 PM
i am tinkering with making target stands, how many do you need? or what kind of stand are you looking for?

I can make some cheap one's out of PVC Pipe. It cost about 5 bucks to make, and are pretty sturdy until you shoot the pipe. I go to work tonight, so I can check my schedule, and can give you guys the yes or no for sure tomorrow!

pennys dad
09-14-2009, 7:35 PM
cool. Thx Andrew

JaMail
09-14-2009, 9:22 PM
im putting together my rifle this saturday, sounds like a great chance to sight it in.

wildhawker
09-15-2009, 7:54 AM
bump!

professionalcoyotehunter
09-15-2009, 7:56 AM
Bump!

JaMail
09-15-2009, 8:13 AM
ok, count me in, ill bring a 10x10 ez-up, a couple of 5 foot folding tables and possibly my wife, i havent shot a rifle since 1995 and now i get to play with the EBR im building this weekend.

should i have the rifle in parts stashed under the back seat when transporting it in my truck? i have a qaud cab with an open bed.

edit http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=219371&highlight=transport&page=4 good information.

radioburning
09-15-2009, 8:50 AM
Never shot at Lytle, what are the ammo restrictions? Magnetic ok?

Crusader
09-15-2009, 9:10 AM
Never shot at Lytle, what are the ammo restrictions? Magnetic ok?

No steel-core, tracer, incendiary, etc.

I shoot Wolf and HXP ammo all the time though and have never once been asked to put my ammo away. They are very relaxed as long as the shooter doesn't act like an idiot.

retired
09-15-2009, 4:36 PM
Plus, you can shoot bowling pins (50yrd. minimum from bench), steel and other various and assorted stuff.

Eat Dirt
09-15-2009, 4:47 PM
Plus, you can shoot bowling pins (50yrd. minimum from bench), steel and other various and assorted stuff.

My eyes have been bothering me lately .

Will you go out hand hold one up for me ????????

AndrewMendez
09-15-2009, 5:09 PM
Count me in Plus my Girlfriend. I have 2 easy ups, 1 standard one, and a Gimungo one. Is that a word? Anyways, its about 15x15 if you need me to bring it. I might be able to get my hand on some chairs, if they fit in my car, and I will work on some target stands! And as far as food, I can pick up Chicken or Carne Asada, and/or maybe some soda's and chips. What do you guys need??

Ducman
09-15-2009, 7:49 PM
do you guys want some "Pancit" ? I'll try to take the GF w/ me.

retired
09-16-2009, 9:20 AM
Just a fyi to all who are coming: When you go to pay and get your wristband, let them know you are with the Calguns group. They will direct you to the proper shooting area (One of the last two ranges on the left end).

If you get there a little later when it is crowded, you will not have to wait like those who are not part of our group will.

It looks like this is going to be a really great event!

Gigan
09-16-2009, 5:17 PM
I don't recall seeing a start time for this. What is our start time?

Scratch705
09-16-2009, 5:18 PM
start time is on the second line.

but to make it easier, 8 am

Gigan
09-16-2009, 5:39 PM
dunno how I missed that! thanks.:eek:

JaMail
09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
question, is anyone bringing younger children, my wife wants to go, but we have a 1 year old, so we are thinking of bringing her parents, dad was a armorer for 20+ years in the army, and her mom can babysit..

retired
09-16-2009, 11:02 PM
question, is anyone bringing younger children, my wife wants to go, but we have a 1 year old, so we are thinking of bringing her parents, dad was a armorer for 20+ years in the army, and her mom can babysit..

Serious question: How are you going to protect your child's hearing. I don't know if anyone makes hearing protection that small other than perhaps cotton or silicone ear plugs. I can't imagine a child that young will keep those in their ears or hearing muffs on their head if they make them that small.

stag6.8
09-16-2009, 11:51 PM
I`m coming count me in...I`ll pack my small ice chest with food and drinks and I`m good to go. I have a truck so I`ll use my tailgate as my chair.

CHS
09-17-2009, 3:46 PM
I should be able to make it. Not sure about Angie this time.

I swear I'll actually pack light to this one. Last time we went to Angeles I brought out something like 15 guns.

No more than 10 this time! I SWEAR!

blackberg
09-17-2009, 4:39 PM
I should be able to make it. Not sure about Angie this time.

I swear I'll actually pack light to this one. Last time we went to Angeles I brought out something like 15 guns.

No more than 10 this time! I SWEAR!

just becareful, I packed *light* for the first this past weekend for the beltfed shoot at lytle and forgot all my mags for my AR, lucky I had brought other stuff. I usually have mags in several places but took them out to pack lite and did not bring the others :(

-bb

Scratch705
09-17-2009, 6:31 PM
just becareful, I packed *light* for the first this past weekend for the beltfed shoot at lytle and forgot all my mags for my AR, lucky I had brought other stuff. I usually have mags in several places but took them out to pack lite and did not bring the others :(

-bb

you can always 1 shot it w/o a mag. :D

i'm limiting myself to 2 guns if i can make it. learned my lesson last range trip with the agonizing cleaning time afterwards....

SeanCasey
09-17-2009, 6:33 PM
Clean up is half the fun, lol

Anyhow, in about 30 minutes I am going to post an attendance list and what everyone has volunteered to bring. At this point I am thinking that if you offered to bring something then just bring it and we will figure out if we have too much or too little once we are there (or have spares if more people than expected showed up).

SeanCasey
09-17-2009, 6:54 PM
Attendance:

Attending:
Sean
PennysDad +1
mrlonewolf
retired
foulball +1 maybe
theseus
eat dirt +1
mattymatt
Gigan +2
Crusader
JaMail +1 to 3 maybe?
andrewmendez +1
Ducman
stag6.8
bdsmchs

Maybe:
The Cable Guy
jaymz
scratch705
butthead

Total: 15 Confirmed + 5 to 9 guests and 5 maybes (as many as 29 people)

So this means that we will need lots of food! The idea behind the food is bring it to share with everyone. Bring as much as you feel comfortable with bringing. Bring snacks, hotdogs, burgers, Carne Asada, etc. Water, Soda, and Diet Soda are good too.

Supplies:
Tables: Sean (1), mrlonewolf (1), theseus (2), eat dirt (1), JaMail (2)
Chairs: Sean (4), Eat Dirt (8), Gigan (?)
Food/Drinks: pennysdad(water & hotdogs/buns), sean(diet soda, burgers, buns), Gigan (soda + hotdogs), Crusader (chips), Andrewmendez (Carne Asada + snacks)
Coolers + ice: sean (1), theseus (2)
BBQ: mrlonewolf (1), Gigan (1)
EZUP: theseus (1), eat dirt (1), JaMail (1)

pennys dad
09-17-2009, 7:22 PM
nice list. i will add paper plates and utensils and cups and ice. I have 2 ice chest.
Remember bring hats, sun glasses and sun screen

SeanCasey
09-17-2009, 7:33 PM
LOL! Forgot all about utensils and plates. Good catch!

Jeffu
09-17-2009, 9:10 PM
count me in, Ill bring sodas and fried chickens

Gigan
09-17-2009, 9:14 PM
Im also bringing a table and 4-5 chairs The bbq Im bringing is a smallish camping bbq just a heads up if anyone else has one to bring we may need it, not sure how big LoneWolf's is :)

Gigan
09-17-2009, 9:21 PM
Can we get a list of what guns are going to be there? :)
Me , Rem 870 hd, Marlin 795, and Mosin M44
If anyone has a Saiga 2223 or other version, I would love to see it and get some info on the gun, I dont need to shoot it so no worries about ammo, Just want to handle it and ask some questions :)

AndrewMendez
09-18-2009, 8:03 AM
Can we get a list of what guns are going to be there?

S&W M&P .40, 870 Express 12 g, 10/22, AR?? if its all together.

Eat Dirt
09-18-2009, 8:08 AM
Clean up is half the fun, lol

I am thinking that if you offered to bring something then just bring it and we will figure out if we have too much or too little once we are there (or have spares if more people than expected showed up).

And if we have Too Much :: We can just have a Cal-Gun Yard Sale !

Nice list by -the -way
Good Work .

The Guns I'm bring :: Hakim / Garand / Yugo Mauser / Maybe the M 1 Carbine

SeanCasey
09-18-2009, 8:11 AM
I probably wont shoot much (not enough reserve ammo), but I'll bring my WASR-10, Mosin Nagant 91/59, and my 1911.

pennys dad
09-18-2009, 9:23 AM
AR's

JaMail
09-18-2009, 3:25 PM
do these things usually run short on folding camp chairs? i have 6 or 7 i can bring if needed.

SeanCasey
09-18-2009, 3:27 PM
JaMail,

To be honest I have no idea if we will have enough or to much. If you want to bring them along then that would be great so if we have greater than anticipated turn out we will be covered. Worse case scenario they would just stay in your vehicle.

Crusader
09-18-2009, 3:56 PM
I'm cleaning up my Kar98k as I type this, so that's definitely coming with. I might bring my AR-15, but I've been looking to trade it for a C&R rifle, so I may have something else by next weekend haha.

retired
09-18-2009, 6:41 PM
I'm cleaning up my Kar98k as I type this, so that's definitely coming with. I might bring my AR-15, but I've been looking to trade it for a C&R rifle, so I may have something else by next weekend haha.

Okay, I want you to 'splain how you are cleaning a firearm and typing at the same time. You must be getting cleaning fluid all over the keyboard.:D

blackberg
09-18-2009, 7:22 PM
Ill try to make it with my dad, not postive Ill be able to make it yet though
-bb

AndrewMendez
09-18-2009, 7:29 PM
do you guys want some "Pancit" ? I'll try to take the GF w/ me.

Whats Pancit??

SeanCasey, Are we good on easy ups??

Ducman
09-18-2009, 8:00 PM
Whats Pancit??

SeanCasey, Are we good on easy ups??

Filipino version of "Chow Mien" ;)

rulas41
09-18-2009, 8:35 PM
i am going to go i might to bring a friend if he can get away

mrlonewolf
09-18-2009, 9:19 PM
MMmmmm...
BBQ, good people all over the place, guns, ammo, targets & zombies.

I love it.

retired
09-18-2009, 9:48 PM
It will be good to see you again mrlonewolf. You can help me keep on eye on my armored target so no one not from Calguns damages it again.:D:D

Crusader
09-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Retired, I got your back if someone destroys your target further. I still can't believe that happened.

Lonewolf, glad to hear you're coming.

Charliegone
09-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Man...I hope I can make it, if I could I'd bring along a few chairs with me. I won't know though until Thursday night (I'll get back to you.)

Eat Dirt
09-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Retired, I got your back if someone destroys your target further. I still can't believe that happened.

Lonewolf, glad to hear you're coming.

X 2 /////// It will be good to see you guys again

Crusader
09-19-2009, 2:03 PM
Ron, I can't wait to see that Hakim again. That rifle brings such a huge smile to my face watching the brass fly 30 feet down range haha.

I've got a Kar98k that I'm bringing, so if you take your 24/47 we can have a small Mauser shoot off.

Eat Dirt
09-19-2009, 3:54 PM
Ron, I can't wait to see that Hakim again. That rifle brings such a huge smile to my face watching the brass fly 30 feet down range haha.

I've got a Kar98k that I'm bringing, so if you take your 24/47 we can have a small Mauser shoot off.

You're ON

This is going to be a Great event / Let's get better pictures this time :)

Crusader
09-19-2009, 3:57 PM
Haha yeah, we need to make sure certain camera operators know how to press a button.

Scratch705
09-19-2009, 4:50 PM
i'll take pics if i make it. since i'm going more for school research (talking about OC with theseus) and will be leaving probably pretty early to make it to Sevenstock (big rotary car meet)

wildhawker
09-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Sounds like this is shaping up into a great shoot-n-que event!

retired
09-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Sounds like this is shaping up into a great shoot-n-que event!

It sure is. I think whoever organized this event should be given a pat on the back, a big round of thanks and a lot of free ammo........oh, wait, that was me.:D:whistling: j/k.

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of Calgunners I've never met before and meeting up with some I've shot with again! I can't wait until the 26th!:)

AndrewMendez
09-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Sean Casey, I am also bringing a new member Chuck0Matic and his GF. He should be confirming on here soon, but they are new to the shooting world. I maybe also be bringing an additional friend, besides my gf.

retired
09-20-2009, 5:12 PM
BTW, the last two shooting areas at the left end are reserved for us. Lytle Creek calls them B1 and B2. When you fill out their paperwork and get ready to pay, let them know you are there for the Calgun event.

This way, even if you get there a bit late and all of their ranges are full, you will not have to wait, they will just let you drive back to our area.

JaMail
09-20-2009, 6:56 PM
ive firmed up my list of people, im +2, leaving the kid at home, he can learn to shoot when hes two.

mrlonewolf
09-20-2009, 8:01 PM
Bumpola......
TTT.

Eat Dirt
09-20-2009, 8:12 PM
BTW, the last two shooting areas at the left end are reserved for us. Lytle Creek calls them B1 and B2.

Bill , Is that the last areas to the left / The uncovered areas ??

But I sunburn SO easy !!!!!!!!!!!!!:TFH:

wildhawker
09-20-2009, 9:06 PM
WAY TO GO!

Huge kudos to Andrew!

Sean Casey, I am also bringing a new member Chuck0Matic and his GF. He should be confirming on here soon, but they are new to the shooting world. I maybe also be bringing an additional friend, besides my gf.

mrlonewolf
09-20-2009, 9:08 PM

We've reserved B1 & B2 ( Bravo 1 & Bravo 2)
Sunny?????... Oh yeah.....
SOS ...---...
...---...
...---...
We'll need: easy-ups, tables & chairs, as many as we can bring (not kiding), it's just like when we go to a BLM shoot. Come on guys, we can make it happen and have a good time, we still have one week.

Crusader
09-20-2009, 9:42 PM
I'll bring umbrellas

Jeffu
09-21-2009, 11:23 AM
please add attending:
1. jeffu
2. jcaoloveshine

SeanCasey
09-21-2009, 4:01 PM
I'll update the list later this week, but it is looking like one of my coworkers and a few of his buddies might be comming out as well.

What I will say is this: Everyone who has access to EZ Up's please bring 'em. Shade is one thing I would rather have far too much of than not enough of. Same goes for chairs and tables. Add Food and Drinks to that list too... LOL. I would rather have to tell people to leave stuff in their vehicles than to say "sorry about the sunburns, dehydration, and that we don't have enough food".

pennys dad
09-21-2009, 7:22 PM
I am looking to bring an ez up. just have to buy one.

Crusader
09-21-2009, 9:13 PM
I talked with a friend of mine today. He said he is 98% sure he is coming, and bringing his girlfriend (new shooter, so let's try not to scare her).

retired
09-21-2009, 10:00 PM

Yep, they are the uncovered areas. Bring sunscreen! I'll be bringing my daughter's canopy since my was destroyed by the wind at the Area 53 shoot.:(

I was going to buy one, but now that summer is over, no one is having any good sales.

Foulball
09-22-2009, 5:37 AM
Yep, they are the uncovered areas. Bring sunscreen! I'll be bringing my daughter's canopy since my was destroyed by the wind at the Area 53 shoot.:(

It wasn't just destroyed at Area 53, it was obliterated.

EM31
09-22-2009, 2:19 PM

I was going to buy one, but now that summer is over, no one is having any good sales.

BIG 5 has them on sale this week, I've had mine for almost two years now and its in great shape.

Quik Shade 12x12

http://big5sportinggoods.shoplocal.com/big5/Default.aspx?action=browsepagedetail&storeid=2503823&rapid=751410&pagenumber=1&listingid=-2089026198

Black Majik
09-22-2009, 2:21 PM
Looks like we might have a possibility of myself, Bambam-31, Beetle Bailey and HK996. I'll confirm later into the week.

I'll bring a cooler of sodas.

jaymz
09-22-2009, 2:43 PM
I'll be there, but I may be on the bike so I can't commit to bringing anything but guns and ammo. I haven't been able to figure out how to stuff an ez up in the saddlebags!

JaMail
09-22-2009, 4:58 PM
i bought one of those little .22 gong targets for my wife to shoot at with the 10/22, does lytle creek allow them?

retired
09-22-2009, 5:22 PM
BIG 5 has them on sale this week, I've had mine for almost two years now and its in great shape.

Quik Shade 12x12

http://big5sportinggoods.shoplocal.com/big5/Default.aspx?action=browsepagedetail&storeid=2503823&rapid=751410&pagenumber=1&listingid=-2089026198

Thanks for the info. When I called them last week, they had nothing on sale. I was really hoping for a straight leg one, but a 12x12 is a 10x10 at the top I believe and I can be happy with that I guess.
ETA: Just called them. The 12x12 slanted is only 8x8 at the top. That is a pretty small shade area, so I'm going to have to think about it.

jaymz, you just aren't thinking hard enough.:D

JaMail, yes you can bring your metal targets. The last time I shot on the last range, there were metal targets there at different distances. They are owned by the range. I don't know if they will be up for us tho.

In any case, as I said in a prior post, I will be bringing my 14" armored disk that mounts on a 5' non armored pole. I also will be bringing bowling pins.

Gigan
09-22-2009, 7:13 PM
will also be bringing a 2 friends from work and their 2 kids.

JaMail
09-22-2009, 7:32 PM
if you guys are going to big5, use the coupon code to get a quick 10% off. 10% off (http://optin.emaildirect.com/_p_ga4c2nyx6jfubutsta4q2nqxrd4z2nqxraruza5n_p_/signup.htm) might make a new ez up a little more palatable..

7.62 FMJ
09-22-2009, 7:41 PM
Thanks for the info. When I called them last week, they had nothing on sale. I was really hoping for a straight leg one, but a 12x12 is a 10x10 at the top I believe and I can be happy with that I guess.
ETA: Just called them. The 12x12 slanted is only 8x8 at the top. That is a pretty small shade area, so I'm going to have to think about it.

You may try Rancho Army Navy in Temecula They usually have the Easy-up brand.

Beetle Bailey
09-22-2009, 9:23 PM
I should be able to make it. Can't contribute much other than 2 chairs and drinking water.

BTW, Gigan asked if someone can bring a Saiga. I have a Saiga 7.62x39 I can bring for you. You can shoot it, too. :D Also a Mosin Nagant 91/30. Seems like I won't be the only one bringing out a Mosin Nagant.

Also got a box of clays. Anyone got a clay thrower?

blackberg
09-22-2009, 9:41 PM
I should be able to make it. Can't contribute much other than 2 chairs and drinking water.

BTW, Gigan asked if someone can bring a Saiga. I have a Saiga 7.62x39 I can bring for you. You can shoot it, too. :D Also a Mosin Nagant 91/30. Seems like I won't be the only one bringing out a Mosin Nagant.

Also got a box of clays. Anyone got a clay thrower?

if I make it I am bringing my thrower
-bb

AndrewMendez
09-23-2009, 8:08 AM
If i can get my hands on a truck or SUV I can bring 2 Easy Ups, a regular one and a huge one! Also, I am bringing meat, but who is bringing the grills??

ripcurlksm
09-23-2009, 9:33 AM
Gotta talk to the woman, see if i can drag her out.

Not sure what is going to be there, but there are several firearms that I have haven't shot before and I am dying to shoot. Hope some of these are there... AR Pistol, Garand & AK

Black Majik
09-23-2009, 9:40 AM
Looks like we're pretty much confirmed. I'll have Bambam-31, Beetle Bailey and HK996. See ya guys bright and early.

Crusader
09-23-2009, 11:11 AM
My buddy and his girlfriend have confirmed, so they are coming for sure.

wildhawker
09-23-2009, 12:11 PM
If blackberg makes it somebody buy him a beer (or 12) for me- he is busting his butt on the AB962/SB585 flyers for us (*all*)!

-Brandon

jaymz
09-23-2009, 1:04 PM
If blackberg makes it somebody buy him a beer (or 12) for me- he is busting his butt on the AB962/SB585 flyers for us (*all*)!

-Brandon

What's his flavor?

JaMail
09-23-2009, 1:34 PM
stupid question, but where the hell can you still buy a brick of .22 ? does lytle creek have a shop? ammo bros is just about the only place ive found that has any and its 9.00 per 100 of their cheapest.

Crusader
09-23-2009, 1:50 PM
Yeah Lytle has a small ammo shop, but it's very likely their prices are not any cheaper.

Beetle Bailey
09-23-2009, 4:21 PM
Anybody know if Lytle Creek allows you to shoot fruit? I want to shoot a watermelon. :D

retired
09-23-2009, 6:28 PM
Anybody know if Lytle Creek allows you to shoot fruit? I want to shoot a watermelon. :D

Give them a call at 951-782-7438. Keep trying if they don't answer right away as they may be busy.

Hk996
09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
will also be bringing a 2 friends from work and their 2 kids.

Going to be there with bambam31, black majik, and beetle bailey.... looking forward to seeing you guys there!

I'll bring both of my Hk416, Hk UMP, semi-shoty, 870, les baer, and maybe some others.... I have my 10.5" Hk 416 in the for sale section if anyone wants to check it out...

stag6.8
09-24-2009, 12:44 PM
does lytle creek provide targets/stands?...I dont have a target stand or targets.

jaymz
09-24-2009, 1:11 PM
does lytle creek provide targets/stands?...I dont have a target stand or targets.

They don't provide, but they are available for purchase.

retired
09-24-2009, 1:48 PM
Ok, just called them; no fruit or veggies allowed. They are actually closed today due to the high winds.

The "stands" they sell are actually cardboard targets stapled to 2 furring strips. They also sell paper targets you can staple onto those when you have too many holes in the original ones.

I would highly recommend everyone to bring either a hammer or some type of tool with a point. The ground is very hard and the furring strips are thin. I bring a hand size sledge hammer, pound two holes into the ground, then lightly pound the furring strips in. There are plenty of rocks there you can use to brace the strips up also.

I will call them Friday (tomorrow) to ascertain if the FS will allow them to open on Sat. The FS is the one who closed them today; it was not the range's decision.

I will post in this thread what I find out. Hopefully, we won't have to postpone this event.

1919_4_ME
09-24-2009, 2:00 PM
Ok, just called them; no fruit or veggies allowed. They are actually closed today due to the high winds.

The "stands" they sell are actually cardboard targets stapled to 2 furring strips. They also sell paper targets you can staple onto those when you have too many holes in the original ones.

I would highly recommend everyone to bring either a hammer or some type of tool with a point. The ground is very hard and the furring strips are thin. I bring a hand size sledge hammer, pound two holes into the ground, then lightly pound the furring strips in. There are plenty of rocks there you can use to brace the strips up also.

I will call them Friday (tomorrow) to ascertain if the FS will allow them to open on Sat. The FS is the one who closed them today; it was not the range's decision.

I will post in this thread what I find out. Hopefully, we won't have to postpone this event.

Hey Retired!
Yea those little targets they have can be a real pain to stake when its windy so what we do sometimes is use those big flat steel stakes they use for concrete forms (can be found at home depot) and then use those to drive into the ground with a mini sledge. Then we put the wooden poles next to them and wrap a bunch of duct tape around the leg. This secures it pretty good and will keep it from falling over cause for some reason wood doesn't stay put when pounded into the ground especially when the wind is blowing.:D

retired
09-24-2009, 2:06 PM
Hey Retired!
Yea those little targets they have can be a real pain to stake when its windy so what we do sometimes is use those big flat steel stakes they use for concrete forms (can be found at home depot) and then use those to drive into the ground with a mini sledge. Then we put the wooden poles next to them and wrap a bunch of duct tape around the leg. This secures it pretty good and will keep it from falling over cause for some reason wood doesn't stay put when pounded into the ground especially when the wind is blowing.:D

Dummy me, I didn't even think about that. I have about 10 of those my landscaper neighbor gave. I used some at the Area 53 shoot for a 8' homemade wooden target I brought.

Thanks for reminding me. I will bring those up and share. Even if the FS allows the range to open, it will probably still be a little windy, so they will come in handy.

Will you be there.

1919_4_ME
09-24-2009, 3:00 PM
Dummy me, I didn't even think about that. I have about 10 of those my landscaper neighbor gave. I used some at the Area 53 shoot for a 8' homemade wooden target I brought.

Thanks for reminding me. I will bring those up and share. Even if the FS allows the range to open, it will probably still be a little windy, so they will come in handy.

Will you be there.

Retired,
If i can get out of going to a wedding I will stop on by. Question for ya are 50's allowed at Lytle? I have some Amax rounds I wanted to test.:)

retired
09-24-2009, 4:05 PM
I've seen people shooting them there, so I would say there isn't any problem. IIRC, they also have a club of .50 cal that shoot there sometimes.

I don't know if you recall that at your belt fed shoot, there was a guy who had just bought one of those .510 caliber rifles (I believe that is the caliber). He was set up at the left end from you. $8K for his setup.:eek:

He bought it from the guy who sells those at the gun show all the time. That vendor has his own .50 cal on display also at the show.

1919_4_ME
09-24-2009, 4:27 PM
I've seen people shooting them there, so I would say there isn't any problem. IIRC, they also have a club of .50 cal that shoot there sometimes.

I don't know if you recall that at your belt fed shoot, there was a guy who had just bought one of those .510 caliber rifles (I believe that is the caliber). He was set up at the left end from you. $8K for his setup.:eek:

He bought it from the guy who sells those at the gun show all the time. That vendor has his own .50 cal on display also at the show.

Sounds good I might see you guys out there as I will be in Rancho Cookamonga which is not far from there.;)

Beetle Bailey
09-24-2009, 4:37 PM
Retired, thanks for checking out the rules re: fruit for me. Oh well, I will settle for breaking clays and bowling pins.

1919 4 ME, I've only been to Lytle Creek once, but when I went, someone there let me shoot his M2, so a .50 BMG is fine unless something's changed since then.

Really hope the range will be open on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting some more Calgunners. :D

blackberg
09-24-2009, 4:50 PM
was at the belt fed shoot 2 weeks ago and a MaDeuce and other 50's where there
-bb

retired
09-24-2009, 5:36 PM
I just spoke with the manager and he said the FS will be lifting the red flag warning at 8pm tonight. He also said he didn't see anything in the weather report to indicate there will be a wind problem on Sat. Nevertheless, I will call him at 3:30 on Fri. before they close and get updated info. I'll post here.

On another subject: I just thought of something that was done when an earlier shoot was held there. They have a form that has to be filled out by every shooter when they get there. It is two sided.

To save some time for us and them, I asked him if he could email the forms to me so I could have it put in the thread. This way, we can each print out the form, fill it out and have one less thing to do when we get there. Since there will be a lot of other people there there aren't part of our group filling out the same form, we should be able to save some time.

Now, the problem. Being computer illiterate, I don't know how to get his email to me that has the form into the thread. Can I forward it to someone here who does know how to do that (I suspect that is everyone but me:() and they can put in the thread for everyone to print out. Instead of being two sided, he sent it to me as two separate pages. Just fill it out and staple it.

Thanks.

Gigan
09-24-2009, 5:47 PM
Going to be there with bambam31, black majik, and beetle bailey.... looking forward to seeing you guys there!

I'll bring both of my Hk416, Hk UMP, semi-shoty, 870, les baer, and maybe some others.... I have my 10.5" Hk 416 in the for sale section if anyone wants to check it out...

Dood! I showed my 7yr old your weapons from a previous post and he wet his pants! He said he would gladly give you a hot dog or two if you let him shoot a few bullets outta that thing :66: Looks like a good time will be had for sure! See you there man!

Crusader
09-24-2009, 6:44 PM
This is just a suggestion here, but if anyone has any tree logs or tree stumps sitting around their backyard, those make quite entertaining targets. At our last Calguns meet, it took Retired, EatDirt, MrLoneWolf, and me all firing at the same time to knock the stump over. A lot of noise, a lot of dust (from me missing), and a lot of splinters.

JaMail
09-24-2009, 6:49 PM
retired, if you email me the forms, i can post them on my website and link it here. aimshaman@gmail.com

AndrewMendez
09-24-2009, 7:17 PM

Get some PVC Pipe, the same stuff you use for sprinklers. It takes less then 15 min to make one with a junk saw! Cost about 4 or 5 bucks! Or I can sell you one for $50, hell for you... $45!
Use Card board for a background, and tie it to the poles with zip ties! I will post pics of it on Friday if you would like!

mrlonewolf
09-24-2009, 8:09 PM
This is just a suggestion here, but if anyone has any tree logs or tree stumps sitting around their backyard, those make quite entertaining targets. At our last Calguns meet, it took Retired, EatDirt, MrLoneWolf, and me all firing at the same time to knock the stump over. A lot of noise, a lot of dust (from me missing), and a lot of splinters.

TIIIIMMBBEEEEERRRRRR....................:43:

Chuck0matic
09-24-2009, 10:54 PM

Thanks Andrew! Please put me down + my gf!

stag6.8
09-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Get some PVC Pipe, the same stuff you use for sprinklers. It takes less then 15 min to make one with a junk saw! Cost about 4 or 5 bucks! Or I can sell you one for $50, hell for you... $45!
Use Card board for a background, and tie it to the poles with zip ties! I will post pics of it on Friday if you would like!

sure go ahead and post.....I`ll probably go ahead and get some clays from bass pro and put them on the hillside and go that route.....I`ve done that before up there and it was fun.

AndrewMendez
09-25-2009, 12:25 AM
sure go ahead and post.....I`ll probably go ahead and get some clays from bass pro and put them on the hillside and go that route.....I`ve done that before up there and it was fun.

Sounds good! They are pretty easy to make, but for some odd reason, some people have a whole lot of trouble with them!

bballwizard05
09-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Ok this sounds like a blast, I dont know a single person on Calguns, I can barely afford to feed myself (stupid college), I have no easy up or table to bring, probably just a chair for myself and I have never even shot my own Saiga yet. Am I still welcome? :) ? I am really tempted to come. Also I have 900 rounds of steel core, so honestly do I need to go get some slightly better ammo to make sure I can shoot if I go? Thanks guys.

AndrewMendez
09-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Ok this sounds like a blast, I dont know a single person on Calguns, I can barely afford to feed myself (stupid college), I have no easy up or table to bring, probably just a chair for myself and I have never even shot my own Saiga yet. Am I still welcome? :) ? I am really tempted to come. Also I have 900 rounds of steel core, so honestly do I need to go get some slightly better ammo to make sure I can shoot if I go? Thanks guys.

Hell Yeah Your welcome! I will save you some Carne Asada! Hell, you can shoot anything I bring too! Whats your first name???

bballwizard05
09-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Jared, also since I've never been there, can I take my car in to where we are shooting or am I gonna be hiking all my gear to the shooting spot? (omg i'm a total noob to actual ranges) no more back yard plinking for a while!

AndrewMendez
09-25-2009, 1:00 AM
Jared, also since I've never been there, can I take my car in to where we are shooting or am I gonna be hiking all my gear to the shooting spot? (omg i'm a total noob to actual ranges) no more back yard plinking for a while!

Yard plinking huh? I dont even want to ask! i assume to mean dry firing!! HAHA! I have never been to the range, http://www.lytlecreekrange.com/ there are some pics, and it looks like its right there! I would still bring the gun in something, to keep it clean, and not mixed up with anyone else's.

bballwizard05
09-25-2009, 1:03 AM
I'm only in loma linda during the school year, the plinking im talkin about is up near pismo beach where I live, my friend as a bunch of property but its mainly 22 work we do! Anyways yea I can spare a few bucks for this, sounds like a blast. If anyone who has been to lytle would like to weigh in about taking my car by where we will be that would be nice just so I know how to prepare.

badicedog
09-25-2009, 5:49 AM
count me in.

JaMail
09-25-2009, 6:05 AM
lytle forms

http://www.beginnerpackage.info/lytle/

Hk996
09-25-2009, 6:52 AM

I don't think steel core is okay.... i would bring some regular stuff just in case

blackberg
09-25-2009, 7:54 AM
For the ones that have not been there before, follow the directions on the site to get there, do not use one of the online mapping sites (ie google maps) since it may want to take you trough a route that is closed now, ask me how I know :D

-bb

Black Majik
09-25-2009, 9:12 AM
Well, I'm excited for tomorrow. Got the forms filled out, alarm clock set to 6.

What to bring....what to bring...

retired
09-25-2009, 9:44 AM
Jared, you will be able to drive your car right up to the range area as there is parking in front of each shooting area. You will just have to walk about 20' to the shooting area from your vehicle.:)

As far as getting there, it is very simple. Take the Sierra Ave. off ramp off of the 15fwy. If you are going N/B on the 15, turn left at the bottom of the off ramp (west).

It is about 10 miles to the range. You will drive thru Lytle Creek, a small village. After you pass thru, it will just be road and open area. The asphalt ends at the range. Make a right into the range area, park by the office and pay. They will direct you to the Calgun area on the extreme left.

rulas41
09-25-2009, 9:46 AM
easy peasy

ripcurlksm
09-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Okay guys... IM IN! I am also bringing the girlfriend... she is a dead eye at 200 yards with the AR ;)

Me +1

Is anyone bringing a Garand, AR Pistol or AK? :43:

Scratch705
09-25-2009, 10:20 AM
looking at satillete view of lytle creek, and the extreme left range seems short? the one i'm looking at the square one to the left of the three long ranges

Black Majik
09-25-2009, 10:23 AM
looking at satillete view of lytle creek, and the extreme left range seems short? the one i'm looking at the square one to the left of the three long ranges

Hmm.. interesting

What is the distance of the range we'll be using? Anyone know?

ke6guj
09-25-2009, 10:30 AM
the far left range goes out to 300 yards. However, they don't always allow usage out to 300 yards, depends on fire season.

edit: my bad, didn't realize tht there was that little area to the extreme left. I doubt that is the range we will be using. DOn't even know what it is used for.

Crusader
09-25-2009, 11:00 AM
If I remember correctly, the private range goes all the way up the mountainside and ends at 300 or 400 yards.

JaMail
09-25-2009, 11:49 AM
i was looking for a stump to bring, and foudn this..

this isnt a bad deal, high end free firewood

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/zip/1392003139.html

JaMail
09-25-2009, 11:50 AM
bump for the forms. save time and efford, if your a mac user and cant open word docs email me at aimshaman@gmail.com and ill email you a pdf..

http://beginnerpackage.info/lytle/

SeanCasey
09-25-2009, 11:57 AM
I OCR'ed the form so it is a little more userfriendly:

http://www.caseyamerica.com/lcfl.doc

Scratch705
09-25-2009, 12:02 PM
should we get a gun count? since there seems to be a few people hoping to shoot certain guns.

JaMail
09-25-2009, 12:02 PM
i was going to this morning, but ran out of time and had to catch the train.. retired didint get them till pretty late and i only saw them around 6am.. im guessing from the really bad scan job the lytle folks did, they arent computer friendly people, depending on my boredeom level, maybe ill convert it to a PDF form for them to post on their site.. a present from their freindly calgun neighbors.

retired
09-25-2009, 12:19 PM
As I mentioned before; we will be using the last two long ranges on the left. They both go to 300, but we won't know until we get there whether we will be limited to 200 or allowed to shoot the full 300. Either way, it will be fun.

ripcurlksm, I'm sure there will be some Garands and AR and AK OLLs. I don't know about any AR type pistols. I have a featureless AK OLL with some mags and a drum from the old Pomona gun show during the 1990s.

I don't have much 7.62x39 tho, because the last time I went to Lytle with 3 other Calgun members, I got a little carried away and almost emptied my ammo can.:eek: I'm leaving my Yugo SKS home or between the 2, I will shoot it all and I don't have the money to buy more now.:(

ETA:*****I just got off the phone with the mgr. and he confirmed they will be open tomorrow!!!***** (unless of course the winds are 45mph or the place is on fire)

jaymz
09-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Dammit! I was just informed that I need to work for a few hours in the a.m.:mad:
Hopefully you guys will still be there around 11 - 11:30ish.:)

SeanCasey
09-25-2009, 12:44 PM
jaymz, we will most definately be there at 11:00. Heck, they don't open until 8:00 so we will probably just be getting ready to start up the BBQ's by then.

jaymz
09-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Fantastic!

SeanCasey
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Also in addition to the .doc version of Lytle Creek's form here is a pdf version as well:

PDF:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/lcfl.pdf

DOC:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/lcfl.doc

This version is an OCR reproduction of their document and not just a simple scan. So it should look and print better than the originally posted files.

Black Majik
09-25-2009, 12:51 PM
^ Thanks, that is MUCH better.

Eat Dirt
09-25-2009, 1:00 PM
I've got some bowling pins to bring / how about a few bowling balls to go with it ??

I've got 2 old ones laying around looking at me the wrong way !!!!

retired
09-25-2009, 1:13 PM
Sean, thanks for doing that. JaMail emailed me that PDF from what you did and I was able to print it. I have a Mac and the Doc wasn't working for me.

See everyone tomorrow.:)

rino
09-25-2009, 3:06 PM
Im in, going to be there 8 or 9

wildhawker
09-25-2009, 3:10 PM
ANTI-AB962/SB585 FLYERS ARE AVAILABLE!!

blackberg is bringing flyers with to Lytle; please see post #1 here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=224328) and let him know if you can help get these to the Calgunner(s) leading distribution in your area.

cmth
09-25-2009, 3:40 PM
I might come, I have a hunting trip planned for tomorrow, but that might fall through. If it does I'll be coming with my Marlin 60, SKS, and Glock 19. I have tons of .22 but not many 9mm or 7.62x39 but all are welcome to shoot their own ammo in my guns.

Gigan
09-25-2009, 3:56 PM
Jared Ill give you some Grub If you let me eyeball your saiga. Im saving to pick one up and would luv to see yours close up!
:o I also work at the Med center in Loma Linda.

Gigan
09-25-2009, 4:26 PM
Printer took a dump right now!!!! Boooo!:66:

AndrewMendez
09-25-2009, 4:47 PM
Printer took a dump right now!!!! Boooo!:66:

Can we fill one of these out at the range?? My printer is.... somewhere??

Ducman
09-25-2009, 4:50 PM
I don't even have a printer :eek:

ke6guj
09-25-2009, 4:54 PM
you can fill it out at the range.

The PDF just allows you to save time by not having to wait on 20 people in front of you to fill out the form before the clipboard gets passed to you.

retired
09-25-2009, 4:55 PM
Can we fill one of these out at the range?? My printer is.... somewhere??

The range provides the forms. The only reason I had them email them to me was to save time. There will be people who are not part of our group there also and they too, have to fill out the same forms.

I figured if we already have them filled out we will get to the shooting area that much faster. If you can't print it, don't worry about it; they provide pens and it only takes a few minutes to fill them out.

Eat Dirt
09-25-2009, 5:26 PM
The Group photo should be GREAT !!!!

Too bad we don't have a Huge flag to hold up for the group photo

I'm loading the van already ..............

Does everybody have enough ammo ???????

CHS
09-25-2009, 5:54 PM
Does everybody have enough ammo ???????

There's no such thing as "enough" ammo :)

rino
09-25-2009, 6:05 PM
i will bring a table, chairs and a e-z up for myself and jaymz, if someone needs to sit with us its ok the more gun nuts the better! i will be in a red chevy truck with black rims, jay will be on a harley. stop and say hi we love bull ****en.

AndrewMendez
09-25-2009, 7:21 PM
I am uploading pics to photobucket right now, of a simple frame...give me a couple min...

AndrewMendez
09-25-2009, 7:55 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/themovementofahand/stand1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/themovementofahand/stand3.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/themovementofahand/stand1.jpg

I made these out of 3/4 inch PVC pipe. It cost less then 2 bucks, per 10' section! So the top post, where the target hangs from is 22" Long, as well as the bottom post both front and back. The height, is 1 10' piece cut in two, to make 5 feet, and the rest of the bottom pieces that come out of the T's are each 18 inches. You will need 6- 3/4" - 90's, and 2- 3/4" T's. It only takes about 20 min to make, its super easy! It actually needed just over 2 10 foot sections. So if you wanna make one, pick up 30', 2- 50', and 3- 70', and 4- 90'. PM Me if you have any questions!

SeanCasey
09-25-2009, 8:17 PM
Ok everyone see you tomorrow!

After you check in with the range (be sure to say you are with the Calguns group) make your way to the far left ranges. Before setting up on the firing line/setting up tables/chairs/etc check in at the table with the Calguns banner. This way we can ensure everything is setup for a safe and enjoyable day and be productive for shooting, and discussion regarding 2nd amednment activisim.

Just a reminder be sure to bring a hat, sunscreen, and plenty of water. It is going to be a fairly hot day tomorrow. For food and drinks that you wish to share, you will be directed on where to place it (and your cooler) when you check in.

See you there!

AndrewMendez
09-25-2009, 8:47 PM
Ok everyone see you tomorrow!

This way we can ensure everything is setup for a safe and enjoyable day and be productive for shooting, and discussion regarding 2nd amednment activisim.

Besides spell check........

Does this mean, no Zombie talk???

I am bringing some meat, maybe some rice and beans, but, not a BBQ, who has my back on this one?

Eat Dirt
09-25-2009, 9:02 PM
Check the first page of this thread /There's a list somewhere of who's bring what

bballwizard05
09-25-2009, 9:07 PM
well my girlfriend drove three hours and surprised me... YAY so she is coming too!

blackberg
09-25-2009, 10:50 PM
anyone bringing a 1919 tripod? didnt get a chance to build my benchpod since I was working on the flyers. Someone save me a space :D

-bb

Gigan
09-25-2009, 10:59 PM
I built 2 pvc target stands from 1 1/2" pipe with wood furrings and Zombie targets!!! Its on !!!

Gigan
09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Besides spell check........

Does this mean, no Zombie talk???

I am bringing some meat, maybe some rice and beans, but, not a BBQ, who has my back on this one?

Andrew Your welcome to use my small but mighty BBQ, Look for the tallest man there, that'll be me!!:D

Scratch705
09-25-2009, 11:08 PM
i just hope i can grab some shade from someone who is bringing a ez-up.....

don't need to get any more darker... haha

see you all tomorow.

AndrewMendez
09-25-2009, 11:47 PM
i just hope i can grab some shade from someone who is bringing a ez-up.....

don't need to get any more darker... haha

see you all tomorow.

I am bringing 2! I think we will be good to go!

Andrew Your welcome to use my small but mighty BBQ, Look for the tallest man there, that'll be me!!:D

Thanks!!!!

Theseus
09-26-2009, 3:38 AM
I will see you all there tomorrow. I will try to be as early as I can. . . As you can see it is already 4:30 in the morning and I am just getting to bed so. . . If I can get up early enough I will be there early. If not, as soon as I can motivate myself.

Butthead
09-26-2009, 4:54 AM
:mad: Wont be able to make it today. Daughters B-Day (yesterday) family party today. Looking forward to meeting and shooting with some of you, naybe next time.

hub152
09-26-2009, 2:33 PM
Now that was one of the funnest shooting days I've had in a while. Good people, good food, and good guns!

bballwizard05
09-26-2009, 2:45 PM
had a blast guys thanks for the fun! especially you retired! made it extra good for the GF shooting the .22

REDHORSE
09-26-2009, 2:49 PM
Had some fun! BBQ was real tasty, thanks for all the hard work! Nice seeing some old friends again and making new ones. See you at the next one! I decided at the last minute to go, and I'm glad I did.

ke6guj
09-26-2009, 3:04 PM
I was able to jugle my schedule and make it out there today. Had a blast as well. Got to give a couple guys their first .50Cal grins :D

JaMail
09-26-2009, 4:12 PM
your my hero, first time i got to shoot one of the big guns, i talked about it the whole way home, my wife asked me, so does this mean your delaying your purchase of the new silver shiny gun (my SA .45 long slide) and i told her id have to think about it.

BOOM

ripcurlksm
09-26-2009, 4:25 PM
the look on your faces was priceless on the introductions,,

"Hi my name is ripcurlksm and I've been on the forums for a few years... and my troll account is BooShanky" :eek:

Nice to meet you folks!

SeanCasey
09-26-2009, 5:11 PM
A great event guys. Lytle Creek put forth an extra effort for us to make sure things went well and we had a GREAT turn out. We picked up a lot of good ideas for future events and a lot of good people were interested in volunteering. And what a great variety of different firearms. For those who couldn't make it, keep an eye out on the two event forums, there is going to be some more stuff comming up soon!

BTW: I took some pics of the event, I'll post them up here later.

CHS
09-26-2009, 5:17 PM
I'm really sorry I wasn't able to make it. Spent the afternoon replacing the radiator in my truck :(

pennys dad
09-26-2009, 5:29 PM
What an awesome turnout. we fully packed out 2 sections of the Lytle Creek shooting range. Since I got to walk the lines every 45 minutes I saw plenty of friends and wives and girlfriends, I suspect easily in the range of 60 people. Pretty incredible. It was good to meet many of you for the first time and to see others I have already meet.

blackberg
09-26-2009, 5:38 PM
had a great time, was planning on only staying a little while and ended up staying till the end
-bb

retired
09-26-2009, 5:47 PM
It was a great day! I am glad we had such a large turnout and everyone had a good time. It was good to see people there with their families and friends.

It was nice to put a face to the many names I've seen on Calguns and I enjoyed meeting all of you. Eat Dirt, mrlonewolf and Crusader, it was good seeing you guys again.

bballwizard, I was happy to share my shade with you and your girlfriend and I'm glad you both enjoyed shooting my Ruger MK III.

Before I left, I stopped at the office to thank Jeff, the manager (the guy on the quad when we first got there), for letting us have the two ranges for our use. He said we are always welcome to return and do it again.:)

The next time, we will tape off the area when we first get there (he said we can arrive to set up as early as 7am, but 15 minutes should be enough time). We had some shooters who were not part of Calguns, but they had them move to the other ranges to ensure there was room enough for our people.

If anyone from the Lytle Creek Firing line is reading this thread, thank you very much for allowing us to have two large areas to ourselves to shoot, meet and have a good time.

One last thing: I left a little after 3pm and passed a San Bernardino Sheriff's deputy driving toward the range (I had only gone about 1 mile or so). Did he make contact with anyone still there and if so, how was it.

ETA: ripcurlskm, that was a funny moment.

Beetle Bailey
09-26-2009, 6:04 PM
I saw the Sheriff's patrol car come near our area to make a u-turn, but didn't notice an incident.

I wanna thank everyone involved who helped make it a great event, from the organizers, to the range staff, to the people who just showed up with a friendly attitude.

I was the one shooting the neon golf balls, or at least trying to.

Black Majik
09-26-2009, 6:05 PM
Wow, what a great time! Thanks to those who made it happen, Sean Casey, Lonewolf, and Retired!

It was great shooting with everyone, to the ones I met: Retired, Jaymz, Rino, stag6.8, sean casey, andrew mendez, pennys dad, lonewolf and Gigan. It was pleasue meeting you guys.

To my usual group, Bambam-31, HK996, and Beetle Bailey, fun times as always!

I wish I could have met more, but there's always next time.

The group was great, everyone I had the pleasure to meet was really nice. There were some fantastic looking firearms out on the line today!

To those who brought food and drinks, to the people manning the grill, and to pennys dad who was honorary RO, THANKS!

So, I had the opportunity to snap a few pictures:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09001.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09007.jpg

Beetle Bailey's Rock River National Match A2
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09009.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09016.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09018.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09022.jpg

Black Majik
09-26-2009, 6:07 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09018.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09025.jpg

Bambam-31
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09033.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09038.jpg

Ringing steel
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09052.jpg

Black Majik
09-26-2009, 6:09 PM
The "other side" :D
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09055.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09056.jpg

Rino
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09061.jpg

Jaymz
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09075.jpg

Spotters Bambam-31 and Beetle Bailey
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09081.jpg

Black Majik
09-26-2009, 6:10 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09094.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09108.jpg

Retired
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09115.jpg

Before anyone asks, the Wolf didn't go in the Bolt Gun, lol there's a Saiga mag right next to it.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09119.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/CalgunsBBQ9-26-09123.jpg

That's it. Thanks for the fun day! :cool2:

SeanCasey
09-26-2009, 6:11 PM
Nice pictures! Dang, I'm almost embarrased to post my pics now, LOL.

I"ll have mine up in a few.

Beetle Bailey
09-26-2009, 6:35 PM
Special thanks to Stag 6.8 for letting me and my lady friend shoot your rifles. Oh yeah, and to BamBam-31, Black Majik, and HK996 as well.

BTW, bit surprising that my RRA NM A2 rifle was deemed worthy of posterity on a day when there were guns costing two, three, and four or more times as much. But that humble little rifle has popped 19 EBR cherries! That little rifle has gotten around! :D

Eat Dirt
09-26-2009, 6:39 PM
I was able to jugle my schedule and make it out there today. Had a blast as well. Got to give a couple guys their first .50Cal grins :D

What .......???????. I can't hear too good right now . Some guy was blasting a .50 next to me today . :D

Dang that was FUN today .....Thanks again for letting me have a .50 Cal grin .And thanks for the empty brass ...... I'll find something to do with it / Maybe a new tooth brush handle !!!!!!!!

What a GREAT day all -in-all. Nice meeting up with a bunch of friends and making new ones . The Food was Great !!!!!!!!!!
Who cooked that Carne............:cool: That stuff was like candy !!!!!
A great turn out . A Great Day at the Range

Crusader
09-26-2009, 6:53 PM
I arrived late and had to leave earlier than I wanted, but I was glad I made it to our little meeting. Thanks to Eat Dirt for the range time on your M1 and Hakim, and thanks to ke6guj for the go on your 50 BMG. I swear my ears were ringing for 2 minutes after shooting it.

Retired, Mr Lone Wolf, Sean Casey, Penny's Dad, Eat Dirt, Theseus, and everyone else whose screen names I can't remember off the top of my head, it was a pleasure to meet you/see you again.

Can't wait to put some of the proposed Calguns events in motion. See everybody next time.

Tim

SeanCasey
09-26-2009, 7:06 PM
Entrance to the Calguns area:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2396.JPG

The sign-n table:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2397.JPG

The right side:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2398.JPG

Both sides:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2399.JPG

Left side:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2400.JPG

Left side (zoomed in)
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2401.JPG

SeanCasey
09-26-2009, 7:09 PM
Left side:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2402.JPG

Flags
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2404.JPG

The right side:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2406.JPG

Left sides:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2407.JPG

The 50:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2408.JPG

Getting the BBQ's setup
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2409.JPG

Thats it for my pics. I am compiling all of the notes and suggestions from today. I am really encourged with the results of today!

Scratch705
09-26-2009, 7:17 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Knight705/DSC02032.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Knight705/DSC02033.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Knight705/DSC02034.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Knight705/DSC02035.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Knight705/DSC02037.jpg

feel bad cause i was planning on shooting photos more than my gun.... but the scrap steel plate tempted me... haha :D

Scratch705
09-26-2009, 7:17 PM
these last two is for mattymatt, since he wanted a few shots of him shooting the uzi

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Knight705/DSC02045.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Knight705/DSC02043.jpg

BamBam-31
09-26-2009, 7:39 PM
Was great putting faces to names. Was also great seeing the usual suspects. VERY encouraged by the healthy turnout! Kudos to all the guys that did all the legwork to make our Lytle Creek shoot happen. :thumbsup:

(Nice pics as always, Rich! ;))

retired
09-26-2009, 7:41 PM
Thanks to those who took and posted the pics here. I would like 3 8x10 glossies of each pic of me, just leave out any grey hair please.:D

I like the young man sitting in his chair, one leg folded over the other, barrel resting on the table and just totally relaxed shooting that rifle.:)

RON, that was mrlonewolf who cooked that carne asada I believe. As a matter of fact, I think he did more work today than shooting! Same with SeanCasey and probably pennysdad. I, on the other hand did more shooting than work, because.....as everyone knows, I'm RETIRED.:D

I know it looked like we were discussing important 2nd Amendment matters at the rear of his truck, but he was just giving me some .223 rounds to shoot for my new AR.;) Great guy!

AndrewMendez
09-26-2009, 7:46 PM
Nice Pictures! Hey Sean, i forgot to sign in, i don't know if it maters, but can you sign me in please! Thanks for the flyers, i will make sure I pass them around!

AndrewMendez
09-26-2009, 7:53 PM
Lone wolf, thanks for cooking for me!! I am positive i would have messed it up terribly!
Sean Casey, and Pennys Dad, you guys are great! So much effort and work from you guys made this a solid day! I just wish I was able to get there sooner! Next time! Besides that, Thank you everyone for coming, it was great putting names with faces, I think we should do this at least 4 times a year! I think we should squeeze in a BBQ every now and then, for the people that are newer to the sport, and still trying to build there ammo stash! I think I remember Pennys Dad volunteering to pay for everything, as long as it was at Lone Wolfs house, and Sean Casey was bringing the beer..I could be wrong though!

ripcurlksm
09-26-2009, 8:12 PM
damn, bambam and blackmagic were there? bummed.

retired, i meant to catch you on the way out and shake your hand :)

sean, please let me know if you need help with anything, my girlfriend and I are down to help with anything.

My girlfriend has a group of business-minded young women(20's-30's), I am going to take them for their first shoot and video tape it and put it on youtube in the next few weeks

mattymatt
09-26-2009, 8:12 PM
That was great! Thanks to Pennysdad, Sean Casey, lonewolf and others who's names I can't remember (I suck with names, sorry). I had a great time and look forward to the next event.
Once again sorry to Retired for dinging his target. :-(

Good to see the people I've met already and good to meet some new people.

Hk996
09-26-2009, 8:37 PM
This was a great meet! Had a great time, even though it was sooo hot out there today! Thanks to the guys that set this up! Was nice seeing the guys from Loma Linda out there...

Can wait for the next one!

EM31
09-26-2009, 8:42 PM
It was great meeting everyone, Lots of good ideas were discussed. Special thanks to MrLoneWolf(AR Sight In ) for the support bags and rulas41 for the help.

Eat Dirt
09-26-2009, 9:07 PM
[QUOTE=retired;

I like the young man sitting in his chair, one leg folded over the other, barrel resting on the table and just totally relaxed shooting that rifle.:)
[/QUOTE]

I agree with Retired about that picture . Sitting at the range in the shade / Plate of food and a soda by his side ////////// Life Is Good .......

When ( And Not If ) we have this again ... We need to get some kind of newspaper person // be it from a sports page or weekend happenings / /
To show how much fun we are having

Thanks for the great pictures Majik and SeanCasey

And Thanks again for ALL the work you guys did putting this on
A Lot of Good memories were made today

Now .......... I've got to go out to the garage a clean a few rifles

jaymz
09-26-2009, 9:35 PM
Good times guys. Let's do it again soon.

REDHORSE
09-26-2009, 9:50 PM
mattymatt shooting the UZI.

dpMFNdb9ygY

Gigan
09-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Well the day just rocked! My kids and I had a great time. Was good to see Lonewolf and eatdirt again as well as all the new people I met, As well as some I already knew but didn't know they were calgunners like HK996. Beetle, thanks for your kindness in letting me fire your Saiga, As well as the others who showed me theirs as well, Thanks HK996 for letting my 7yr old fire your choice AR even though it scarred the crap outta him, I got a good pic out of it! Lonewolf thanks for letting me fire your AK. You really have the heart of a servant for all the work you did today. Retired, was nice meeting and talking to you as well. I worked so hard to make this a memorable day for my kids hoping that it would be and to Sean, Retired, Lonewolf and all involved, you guys made it memorable. Thank you!

zman
09-26-2009, 10:33 PM
What a fun and great event :) I hope I can catch one of these next time.

This photo says a lot! :thumbsup:
http://www.caseyamerica.com/guns/cng-lc-snq/PICT2404.JPG

Scratch705
09-26-2009, 11:38 PM
btw not sure who else took the 15S to 210W but saw a convoy of strykers going in opposite direction of me. it was kinda cool haha.

retired
09-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Well, when we are officially ready to do this again. let me know so I can contact the board member I dealt with in setting this shoot up. We have the range manager and the board member on our side, so it should be fairly easy for me to get the reservations. Again, next time we'll set up the barrier before they open with the Calgun signs to prevent anyone from shooting in our area.

The banners will, on the other hand, hopefully draw some of the shooters to come over and ask questions about Calguners.

As an aside: did anyone driving n/b south of the 210 around 7:30am see the car fully engulfed in flames on the right shoulder. By looking at the wheels, it appeared to be a nice care. The flames were shooting about 10' high. The owner was standing by the CHP car and cones were up. It was a total in every meaning of the word. Even if the fire dept. got there 10 seconds after I went by, the car was still a total goner.