PDA

View Full Version : Race, Guns and injustice.

Meplat
09-07-2009, 4:21 PM
In another current thread someone called the LOC ban in urban areas of CA a racially motivated reaction to the Black Panthers. This is a common trap that has prevented the preservation of individual freedoms and human rights for many decades.

The professional race baiters and Marxist media turn everything into a race problem instead of a rights problem.

Itís not a fourth amendment problem; itís a racial profiling problem.

Itís not police brutality, itís racial oppression.

Itís not a second amendment problem, itís racial discrimination.

Now, the majority have been unjustly accused of racism for so long they largely tune out when they hear racial complaints, so nothing get done and our oppressors win another round. It dismays me to see my fellow Calgunners, falling into this trap. We need to get off this race thing and fight for the rights of all Californians black white brown yellow or blue.

This divide and conquer strategy is working quite for the antis.

yellowfin
09-07-2009, 4:23 PM
The Blue Man Group are pro gun?

Meplat
09-07-2009, 4:28 PM
The Blue Man Group are pro gun?

Most of them. There actually is a genetic subgroup of people in Appalachia ,whos veins are very close to the surface of the skin, that have a bluish cast to them.:eek:

HowardW56
09-07-2009, 4:48 PM
Most of them. There actually is a genetic subgroup of people in Appalachia ,whos veins are very close to the surface of the skin, that have a bluish cast to them.:eek:

Are you saying that they are inbred?

Seesm
09-07-2009, 4:48 PM
I actually hung out the blue man group in vegas...

Meplat
09-07-2009, 5:09 PM
NO. Just because your gene pool is not the size of India does not mean you are "inbred". :43:

Are you saying that they are inbred?

forgiven
09-07-2009, 5:11 PM
Banning hyphens would be a good start.

wash
09-07-2009, 5:37 PM
You might ignore charges of racism but not the lefties.

If we ever appear to say "this gun law is racist but that's not the part we care about", we're going to be labeled racist.

The left already incorrectly identifies us as a group of old fat white men, suggesting that we exclude based on race. They try to project every evil on us, that's why we have to maintain a squeaky clean appearance.

We also have to demonstrate that the evils they try to project on us are the evils we are trying to fight.

radioman
09-07-2009, 6:25 PM
In another current thread someone called the LOC ban in urban areas of CA a racially motivated reaction to the Black Panthers. This is a common trap that has prevented the preservation of individual freedoms and human rights for many decades.

The professional race baiters and Marxist media turn everything into a race problem instead of a rights problem.

Itís not a fourth amendment problem; itís a racial profiling problem.

Itís not police brutality, itís racial oppression.

Itís not a second amendment problem, itís racial discrimination.

Now, the majority have been unjustly accused of racism for so long they largely tune out when they hear racial complaints, so nothing get done and our oppressors win another round. It dismays me to see my fellow Calgunners, falling into this trap. We need to get off this race thing and fight for the rights of all Californians black white brown yellow or blue.

This divide and conquer strategy is working quite for the antis.

You are on the right track with race, we all have to live on this rock. but as to the history of 12031 you are not.

hoffmang
09-07-2009, 7:14 PM
First there was a group called the Deacons for Defense and Justice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deacons_for_Defense_and_Justice). They effectively and quietly used guns to create the security necessary for voter registration, school integrations, and protest marches in the deep south to succeed for the Civil Rights movement.

The Black Panthers specifically started copying the idea but decided to be in people's faces about it. Carrying a gun as a Panther in Oakland to keep a racist cop from killing you = a pretty wise idea at the time. Marching those loaded guns into the Capital = not such a good idea.

I think there are lots of folks rightly worried that UOCing in urban areas of California right now is closer to the Panthers than the Deacons. The Deacons won their political battle. I'd like us to win ours. The Panthers did not win their political battle.

The major difference here is that UOC can become LOC in CA easily - if only urban UOCers would have some patience.

-Gene

Meplat
09-07-2009, 7:19 PM
Was it not passed in reaction to the Panthers showing up at the state capitol with everything from FN-FALs to M1-carbines? I submit the same result would have ensued had it been the KKK. Not a race issue, a second amendment issue.

You are on the right track with race, we all have to live on this rock. but as to the history of 12031 you are not.

Sleepy1988
09-07-2009, 7:48 PM
You might ignore charges of racism but not the lefties.

If we ever appear to say "this gun law is racist but that's not the part we care about", we're going to be labeled racist.

The left already incorrectly identifies us as a group of old fat white men, suggesting that we exclude based on race. They try to project every evil on us, that's why we have to maintain a squeaky clean appearance.

We also have to demonstrate that the evils they try to project on us are the evils we are trying to fight.

Even if we were all old fat white men, do old fat white men not have a right to keep and bear arms?

What you're describing is just racism from the left against whites, and sexism against men (almost exclusively white men)

radioman
09-07-2009, 8:20 PM
Was it not passed in reaction to the Panthers showing up at the state capitol with everything from FN-FALs to M1-carbines? I submit the same result would have ensued had it been the KKK. Not a race issue, a second amendment issue.

Ok point taken,but it was not the kkk but the Panthers, check your dates, it took two months to get 12031 into law.

nicki
09-07-2009, 9:04 PM
First there was a group called the Deacons for Defense and Justice. They effectively and quietly used guns to create the security necessary for voter registration, school integrations, and protest marches in the deep south to succeed for the Civil Rights movement.

The Black Panthers specifically started copying the idea but decided to be in people's faces about it. Carrying a gun as a Panther in Oakland to keep a racist cop from killing you = a pretty wise idea at the time. Marching those loaded guns into the Capital = not such a good idea.

I think there are lots of folks rightly worried that UOCing in urban areas of California right now is closer to the Panthers than the Deacons. The Deacons won their political battle. I'd like us to win ours. The Panthers did not win their political battle.

The major difference here is that UOC can become LOC in CA easily - if only urban UOCers would have some patience.

-Gene

Gene, you are so right on this.

The ban on open carry was racially motivated because armed blacks scared the crap out of everyone else. The Watts riots happened only two years earlier.

The Black Panthers should have left their arms in their cars, but they didn't.

I don't know if the outcome would have been any different even if they did because many of the legislators at the time may been racists and in 1967, we didn't have a gun rights movement like we do today.

I was a child at the time, but from what I remember in my childhood, my parents and many others were afraid that between the civil rights issues, the Vietnam war and the protests, the counter culture, that the country would fall apart.

The media at the time of course was sensationalizing everything, fear was on the minds.

Most of the bad laws and policies we have today do have racist origins and in seeking to get back all of our rights, we should exploit that.

We didn't give the freedmen 40 acres and a mule, but that doesn't mean we still can't try.

Nicki

Sutcliffe
09-07-2009, 9:34 PM
I know it's a lose the battle but win the war type of scenario we are seeking, but It still angers me that racist policies from decades ago are still in place and nobody in the legislature wishes to address it. Effing cowards.

Meplat
09-07-2009, 9:51 PM
I understand that some gun laws were about race in the past. But today they are not about suppressing minorities, they are about suppressing all of us, The People. Get over it. We have to fight together. Tell you what. I will indorse a policy that any rollback of restrictive gun laws will apply to minorities one year before it applies to the rest of the population. Will that make you happy!?

HondaMasterTech
09-07-2009, 9:56 PM
Huh?

KylaGWolf
09-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Gene I have patience and I am honoring the request to not UOC doesn't mean I have to like standing down though.

KylaGWolf
09-07-2009, 10:55 PM
The media at the time of course was sensationalizing everything, fear was on the minds.

Some things never change.

Gator Monroe
09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Gene I have patience and I am honoring the request to not UOC doesn't mean I have to like standing down though.

When it all comes down, standing down will be a memory.:chris:

Meplat
09-07-2009, 11:01 PM

+1:43:

hoffmang
09-07-2009, 11:17 PM

:iagree: LOC and CCW as co-equal choices are so much better than UOC...

-Gene

GoodEyeSniper
09-07-2009, 11:20 PM
I understand that some gun laws were about race in the past. But today they are not about suppressing minorities, they are about suppressing all of us, The People. Get over it. We have to fight together. Tell you what. I will indorse a policy that any rollback of restrictive gun laws will apply to minorities one year before it applies to the rest of the population. Will that make you happy!?

Okay, dude, deep breaths.... relax.... Now reread what everyone else is saying with a cool head before you start speaking this way.

Nobody on here is advocating certain races or groups getting any special treatment. They are simply stating the FACTS that many pieces of bad gun legislation were enacted out of racism. However these gun laws were then applied to everyone. And our now kept in place out of what can only be described as classism.

These straight forward facts can be used as ammunition in our favor in the upcoming battles. So not only can we show that these gun laws do nothing but harm to our country, they were also put in place by outright racism, then the more liberal person has very little to stand on in defending these laws.

SJgunguy24
09-08-2009, 2:59 AM
Okay, dude, deep breaths.... relax.... Now reread what everyone else is saying with a cool head before you start speaking this way.

Nobody on here is advocating certain races or groups getting any special treatment. They are simply stating the FACTS that many pieces of bad gun legislation were enacted out of racism. However these gun laws were then applied to everyone. And our now kept in place out of what can only be described as classism.

These straight forward facts can be used as ammunition in our favor in the upcoming battles. So not only can we show that these gun laws do nothing but harm to our country, they were also put in place by outright racism, then the more liberal person has very little to stand on in defending these laws.

Have you ever tried talking to a liberal person? Facts and common sense have no place
in their world. Everything is motivated by emotion, with no forthought as to how it could effect things down the line.
I hear it all the time,"Well if give up just a little here and a little there" Next thing they have taken everything.
If you tried to explian why these laws were passed in the first place they would.
a) Tell you you don't know what your talking about.
b) You would be labeled a racist dispite the fact that you fighting for everyones freedom.
c) They would say the constitution doesn't apply in the modern world.

This is all B.S. but thats how they think. The sad part is 60% of everybody else follows this line of thinking. Their being force fed this crap and they don't know it.
Look at the election last year, if you were cool you were for Obama.
It's this way of thinking that i'll never understand, everybody want to be cool like the next guy. At the same time they talk about going against the system and being different.
The world isn't outside where there are real dangers, and truly evil people that we need protection from. The world is Xbox, MTV, and the nightly "news".
History is being forgotten and as we all know, it will be repeated. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I do see more people waking up, more people becoming aware of what is happening. I pray that more will read the constitution and the declaration of independance. Now more than ever this applys.

mtptwo
09-08-2009, 4:28 PM
Well, actually, the Black Panthers most likely inadvertently set California on the trend of gun control when they took over the state capitol.

http://j.photos.cx/black20panthers_1968-d2b.jpg

mtptwo
09-08-2009, 4:30 PM
Have you ever tried talking to a liberal person? Facts and common sense have no place
in their world. Everything is motivated by emotion, with no forthought as to how it could effect things down the line.
I hear it all the time,"Well if give up just a little here and a little there" Next thing they have taken everything.
If you tried to explian why these laws were passed in the first place they would.
a) Tell you you don't know what your talking about.
b) You would be labeled a racist dispite the fact that you fighting for everyones freedom.
c) They would say the constitution doesn't apply in the modern world.

This is all B.S. but thats how they think. The sad part is 60% of everybody else follows this line of thinking. Their being force fed this crap and they don't know it.
Look at the election last year, if you were cool you were for Obama.
It's this way of thinking that i'll never understand, everybody want to be cool like the next guy. At the same time they talk about going against the system and being different.
The world isn't outside where there are real dangers, and truly evil people that we need protection from. The world is Xbox, MTV, and the nightly "news".
History is being forgotten and as we all know, it will be repeated. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I do see more people waking up, more people becoming aware of what is happening. I pray that more will read the constitution and the declaration of independance. Now more than ever this applys.

As a liberal, I can honestly tell you that you don't know what you are talking about.

pnkssbtz
09-08-2009, 5:13 PM
Well, actually, the Black Panthers most likely inadvertently set California on the trend of gun control when they took over the state capitol.

http://j.photos.cx/black20panthers_1968-d2b.jpg

Um... they did not take over the state capitol. They made a ruckus, but they did not take it over.

dantodd
09-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Um... they did not take over the state capitol. They made a ruckus, but they did not take it over.

That and the fact that their protest was prompted by the introduction of the law and not the impetus for the law. The impetus for the law appears to be the Black Panther Patrols and their clashes with the Oakland PD.

locosway
09-09-2009, 7:28 AM
Growing in a non-white area of Anaheim I experienced a lot of racism when I was younger. Fights and arguments were a common occurrence. Now, I could never claim I was the victim of racism because I'm the typical white guy.

Gun rights today are about the rights of the people. However, it is still a race issue. It's a race issue until both parties see that minorities also care about RKBA, or until they see the mid-aged white man as being a vote that matters.

Sadly, until the sheeple wake up we're going to be in for a rough ride. Especially in CA where the large density areas are very liberal.

Meplat
09-09-2009, 2:18 PM
I'm relaxed. I just seem to be less than eloquent in getting my point across. My point is that playing the race card is counterproductive to the preservation and retrieval of human rights. Power hungry statist politicians and media use it as a tool to manipulate special interest groups. If "minorities" ever hope to be free they have to stop thinking I and start thinking WE. And we is not whatever group the latest poverty pimp is exploiting, it's ALL of US.

That yearly thing was just a little jab at those who just can't be happy unless they can be a victim.:p

locosway
09-09-2009, 2:52 PM
As a liberal, I can honestly tell you that you don't know what you are talking about.

You support RKBA so you aren't a typical liberal. So his statement doesn't apply to you, and your observations of him not knowing what he's talking about don't work either.

KylaGWolf
09-09-2009, 10:05 PM
:iagree: LOC and CCW as co-equal choices are so much better than UOC...

-Gene

You won't get an arguement on that one from me. I agree one hundred percent on that one.