PDA

View Full Version : Did my 1st IDPA match.

fullrearview
09-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks to everyone out there! this was a lot of fun! I wanted to come out next month but after reading the announcement, I am too green for the Postal match:(

Unless I go to the class the day before and they let shoot a classifier, I am watching from the sidelines.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XuUH0Gxzcuk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XuUH0Gxzcuk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks to our video-tech as well!

bruceflinch
09-07-2009, 6:33 PM
Get Classified & shoot the Richmond match next month!

Careful, speed shooting is addictive..:)

If you're available Wed. There is an IDPA Classifier in Richmond. Did you join the IDPA?

www.idpa.com

Ishoot
09-07-2009, 6:55 PM
Awesome man...Looks like a great time. Is that a SIG you're using? I've been meaning to take the "plunge" myself but I have trouble just making time enough to shoot once or so a week. Definitely when the kids get a little older..:D

lawboy
09-07-2009, 7:09 PM
Don't let him fool you, it was his first time but you would NEVER have known it. He was safe, and hand good gun handling skills. He did fine. I don't know about the "tech" part, but I enjoyed filming you and the other shooters. I look forward to squadding with you at future matches.

DREADNOUGHT78
09-07-2009, 10:35 PM
It was cool shooting with you JP on Sunday hope to see you next month!

Acorn556
09-07-2009, 11:38 PM
What was the WHOA about when you were changing magazines?

Mstrty
09-07-2009, 11:58 PM
saw you there great to have new shooters out there. Keep it up.

fullrearview
09-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Get Classified & shoot the Richmond match next month!

Careful, speed shooting is addictive..:)

If you're available Wed. There is an IDPA Classifier in Richmond. Did you join the IDPA?

www.idpa.com

I haven't joined the association yet but will do both. I can't make it to Richmond this week. If I don't find a way to go to the postal match, I will be there the following month!

fullrearview
09-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Awesome man...Looks like a great time. Is that a SIG you're using? I've been meaning to take the "plunge" myself but I have trouble just making time enough to shoot once or so a week. Definitely when the kids get a little older..:D

Yes its a 226r. .40. I love this pistol!!! I have been having trouble finding time as well and almost didn't go because my buddy flaked out on me. Even if your solo go..Everyone is really nice and you will have a good time!

fullrearview
09-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Don't let him fool you, it was his first time but you would NEVER have known it. He was safe, and hand good gun handling skills. He did fine. I don't know about the "tech" part, but I enjoyed filming you and the other shooters. I look forward to squadding with you at future matches.

Buy tech I mean great with the camera. Even with as much basketball and baseball I have and still play I don't have any video that is as good as this!

Thanks again!

You know I was a bit scared after the match because on stage 3 I was 96 points down:eek: and I know I was only -3 points. I asked if it was safety and just no one told but it was a typo. Being that it was my 1st match, my focus was safety and accuracy. I want everyone to know I am safe before I try the master chief halo stuff! :D

fullrearview
09-10-2009, 12:21 AM
It was cool shooting with you JP on Sunday hope to see you next month!

Yeah it was nice to meet you! have fun setting up the guitar case!

fullrearview
09-10-2009, 12:25 AM
What was the WHOA about when you were changing magazines?

After I neutralized the first 4 targets I broke cover to reload. I realized I had cover from the barrels and was trying to save some time, but as it was explained to me, a ground squirrel might charge me bayonets attached!:D

technically a procedure violation and would have cost points but they gave me a break.

fullrearview
09-10-2009, 12:27 AM
saw you there great to have new shooters out there. Keep it up.

Thanks, I am gonna try to get some guys I work with as well! I think they would have a lot more fun doing this that 1 round/ second at the gun room.

BY the way....How do you add multiple quotes from multiple people in one post?