PDA

View Full Version : TO SAN DIEGANS SHOOTING AT BLM LAND.

res2580
09-06-2009, 8:10 AM
A REMINDER TO "PICK UP YOUR TRASH" INCLUDING SHOTGUN SHELL, BASS OR STEEL CASING. We went out shooting at near South Bay Rod And Gun Club in marron valley road. Had a safe and great time shooting but after the fun. we had to pick up our brass and A LOT of shotgun shells that are not ours. I am hoping to reach out to everyone that are shooting out on BML Lands here in San Diego to PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. There had been times that we had to pick up some KEGS, MATTERS, and full sheet of PLYWOODS too. If some of you knows what and where I am talking about please do your part.

I have a picture of the Shells that we picked up. May be some of you might recognize it. there might be a good 6 box or so of just the shotgun shells.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z188/res2580/IMG_1814.jpg

res2580
09-06-2009, 8:17 AM
OH! and you own me at least 2 box of .223 ammo for compensating on picking up your trash..

AEC1
09-06-2009, 8:25 AM
Picked up 3 grocery sacks of trash from there 3 weeks ago. It does seem to be getting better over the last 2 years though...

asgalindez
09-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, those shells look familiar. They look like the same spent shells we keep finding and picking up every time we go out there.

And you can owe us ammo for all the shells, brass, steel, glass, tiles, christmas ornaments, plastic bottles, old TVs, and overall general trash that people have been leaving out there that we clean up every time we shoot there. I need .45ACP in particular.

You're preaching to the wrong group of people.

rumblebee
09-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I'd like some .45acp as well and some .308 as long as the wish list is going.....Thanks, res!

Those red ones look familiar......i think I've seen, oh maybe about a quarter million of them around. :D

Yeah, those shells look familiar. They look like the same spent shells we keep finding and picking up every time we go out there.

And you can owe us ammo for all the shells, brass, steel, glass, tiles, christmas ornaments, plastic bottles, old TVs, and overall general trash that people have been leaving out there that we clean up every time we shoot there. I need .45ACP in particular.

You're preaching to the wrong group of people.

Chunky_lover
09-07-2009, 5:40 AM
there are always christmas ornaments there

Fjold
09-07-2009, 7:00 AM
I bring a leaf rake along for that. It makes gathering and scooping up the shotgun shells a lot easier.

rumblebee
09-07-2009, 8:48 AM
I always pack more out, than I take in....I can think of better things to do with my time then clean up after clueless shooters, but I'm glad there are other Cal Gunners out there who do the same. :cool:

On that note: Happy Labor Day!!

migz
09-07-2009, 10:33 AM
what can I get for the 3 tv sets and 2 vacuums we found last time?

Alaric
09-07-2009, 10:40 AM
What's BML land? Oh... maybe you mean BLM land. ;)

CmpsdNoMore
09-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Whenever I shoot near Palomar I always pick up any casings lying around while I pick up my own. I usually spend 10 or 15 minutes after shooting just walking around, taking in the nice view of the valley and throwing brass in a trash bag.

I will admit, I don't pick up .22LR brass, but that's only because I don't have an efficient way to pick up hundreds of little casings with my arthritic hands.

Bigballaizm
09-07-2009, 11:55 AM
What's BML land? Oh... maybe you mean BLM land. ;)

BML= Bad Mistreated Location..... Thats what the BLM areas will turn into if knuckleheads continue to abuse it!! :censored:
I also dont believe it is us (Calgunners) abusing these areas. Most likely it is others that just dont care or are simply ignorant...:no: No disrespect to anyone just calling it like I see it.

res2580
09-07-2009, 8:33 PM
thanks for for the replies on my thread everyone!!! Nice to know that I'm not the only one who cleans up.."GOOD JOB TO YOU ALL!!!:79:" someone has to say it.

team1320
09-07-2009, 8:49 PM
where is this spot? i didn't know you could shoot outdoors in SD.. well i never even bother to ask..

Digital_Boy
09-07-2009, 8:58 PM
where is this spot? i didn't know you could shoot outdoors in SD.. well i never even bother to ask..

In this particular case, I'd guess Orosco Ridge, which is outside Ramona, on BLM land, but I don't know how recently he may have been shooting there, as BLM closed it temporarily due to wildfire susceptibility. BLM indicates it should reopen in November.

Alaric
09-07-2009, 9:21 PM
In this particular case, I'd guess Orosco Ridge, which is outside Ramona, on BLM land, but I don't know how recently he may have been shooting there, as BLM closed it temporarily due to wildfire susceptibility. BLM indicates it should reopen in November.

Orosco Ridge (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/shooting/index.shtml) isn't on BLM land, it's in Cleveland National Forest.

He could be talking about the "Broke Back Mountain" area, the Palomar Mtn. areas, Jacumba, or any number of other areas.

ETA: The OP said it was near Marron Valley Rd. Must be Brokeback?

motorhead
09-11-2009, 5:11 PM
if you drive a truck or van, get one of those little 20 gal. trashcans. we drag out ALL our trash and as much other as we can carry.

StoneRoots
09-12-2009, 5:02 PM
You should see the spot I goto in perris,ca. Place is SO littered it is disgusting. I always clean up my stuff and try to grab some extra on the way out. Im going to make a sign and post it that says CLEAN UP YOUR TRASH OR WE WILL BURY YOUR ***. SIGNED: YOUR FRIEND, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA. :43::43::43: