PDA

View Full Version : why get an o3?

johnthomas
09-05-2009, 10:02 PM
I ran across this on youtube, thought it was neat, shows a lot of the weapons us collector's own or want to own. It may be a dupe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAf_4KxbjHk&NR=1&feature=fvwp

AngryPossum
09-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Cool slide show....I dont carefor the pistols personally, but youtube has a lot of useful stuff....I like the Range clips of C & R stuff the best.

Noonanda
09-06-2009, 8:38 AM
So far I have 6 pistols, 15 rifles or carbines and another 18 non c&r weapons.
I'm partial to the handguns. There are so many great weapons made in the last hundred years that I don't have enough money to have one of each, lol.

Im the exact opposite, I a rifle guy. the kicker about a C&R license now is I have almost every type of rifle I want, the ones I dont have are major money and I doubt I will ever get those. Plus the rifle deals are not as good as they were 3-4 years ago. For example century used to do 5 UFIXEM's for $100, I bought 5 Russian M-44's and 5 M-38 Italian Carcanos, plus wire wrapped #1 Mk3 enfields that way, fixed em up cleaned em up and sold em to further my collection. Now days the deals just arent there to get me to do that, in fact I have only bought 5 C&R rifles in the past 2 years (since feb of 08 so just under 2).

This is my C&R collection

USA
M-1 Garand (CMP)
M-1 Carbine (bought feb 08)
M-1903A3 (bought feb 08)

England
#1 Mk 3 (was a wire wrapped UFIXEM)
#4 Mk 1

Germany
K-98 (yugo capture)

Japan
Type 99 Arisaka

Russia
M-91
M-91/30 X2 ( have a sniper and a basic rifle)
M-38
M-44 ( this is the rifle that got me into collecting)
SVT-40

I have also owned polish and nazi marked mausers, Carcanos, Finnish M-39's, French MAS-36's and a bunch of others. This woul;d not have been accomplished without a C&R but now if I wanted to enhance my collection I would need rifles like a G-43 (lowest Ive seen em for is 2 grand) or rifles that are not really worth the price just to enhance my collection. So Im kinda stuck where I am

Heatseeker
09-06-2009, 8:51 AM
Don't forget the fact that holding a 03 entitles you to tremendous discounts with retailers such as Brownell's and Midway, to mention only a couple. There's a thread at the top of the C&R page detailing many more retailers who offer discounts.

Sabot
09-06-2009, 8:48 PM
I got my C&R licence last November and I bought 55 rifles with it in 6 mos. I got a scare that I didn't have much longer to live (which turned out not to be true) so I blew a chunk of my life savings, I figured what the heck. One of the rifles I bought was a CMP '03 with a high serial number in rather good condition for around $550.00. I haven't fired it yet but i'm happy to have it in my collection since it was a big part of WWI history.

yoteassasin
09-06-2009, 9:28 PM
ha 03 ffl or a3-03 ????????????? only you know the answer

johnthomas
09-06-2009, 10:31 PM
I got my C&R licence last November and I bought 55 rifles with it in 6 mos. I got a scare that I didn't have much longer to live (which turned out not to be true) so I blew a chunk of my life savings, I figured what the heck. One of the rifles I bought was a CMP '03 with a high serial number in rather good condition for around $550.00. I haven't fired it yet but i'm happy to have it in my collection since it was a big part of WWI history.

I would never second guess what a dying man might think or how he may act. You did what made you happy, it may have put you in a financial bind, but two good things have happened since the scare. You have discovered a great hobby and you found out you are going to live. Now, you decide if your going to keep all the guns, recoup any loss you may have incurred, or consider this an investment. Your collection right now is money in the bank. I'm glad your good, take care.