PDA

View Full Version : Any of these Legislators sniffing glue?

Reloaderx2
09-05-2009, 8:10 PM
Well maybe because they alledgedly support Annointed Sheriff Sandi Sue Hutchens as they grab our gun rights. They are:

U.S. Representative John Campbell
Senator Mimi Walters
Senator Tom Harman
Senator Bob Huff
Assemblyman Mike Duvall
Assemblyman Jeff Miller
Assemblywoman Diane Harkey
Assemblyman Jim Silva

Send them a email to inquire what kind of glue they are sniffing.

obeygiant
09-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Assemblyman Mike Duvall has been very supportive of the RKBA so his support of Hutchens comes as a complete surprise. I will definitely be sending him a letter regarding Hutchens.

sholling
09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Some of it is a knee jerk elected Republican reaction to support any incumbent CLEOs no matter what. She could molest puppies on the court house steps and they would support her. The second may be fear. Some CLEOs have in the past compiled files on the personal lives of state officials to give them some leverage. That's how we wound up with the incumbent sheriff protection law that we have now. The one that makes it illegal for mere citizens to run for public office.

nicki
09-06-2009, 1:26 PM
If you are going to contact legislators regarding Sue Hutchens, may I suggest that instead of going directly to gun rights, that you go to equal rights instead when it comes to CCW permits.

For example:

Dear Politician,

Over the years you have shown that you have been a outstanding public servant:rolleyes:

The county sheriff must be someone who sets an example of being beyond reproach since if the sheriff is corrupt, it undermines legitimacy for respect of the law.

I am deeply concerned over the sheriff's CCW issance policies. Considering that most crimes happen in seconds, a 911 call with even a short response time of a few minutes still results in crime victims.

California has a CCW permit process system with background and training and the objective standards of the permits provide a reasonable balance between the individual right of self protection and public safety concerns.

40 states will issue permits to all who apply and pass background checks. The track record on "shall issue" states show that permit holders have not been a public safety hazard, if anything, they are a public safety benefit since crime rates are lower in right to carry states.

California has a "may issue" ccw system where a person has to show good cause. Originally the law was passed during the Jim Crow era with the intent of stripping minorities of gun rights so that other rights could be violated.

The sheriff takes a oath to uphold the Cal Constitution, including art 1 sec7b which says no citizen or class of citizens may be granted a privilege or immunity that is not granted on an equal basis to everyone else.

It does not provide an exception for CCW permits. The only exception to this is the voter approved ban on same sex marriage prop 8. Even though the Cal Supreme court upheld prop 8, it also upheld as valid same sex marriages that were performed prior to prop 8.

Equality under the law is a fundamental right which regrettably many sheriffs across the state selectively respect. Any person who does not support equality under the law is unfit for any public office.

Seems that only the "Political Elite" in many parts of the state are the only ones who have "Good Cause" to get a CCW permit. The CCW permit has become a "Defacto title of Noblity", something that our constitution specifically prohibits.

I respectfully request that you tell Sheriff Hutchens that if she doesn't change her policies on CCW and go to non discriminatory issuance policies that you withdraw your support for her.

Thank you.

Joe/Jan Voter.

More people care about equal rights than just CCW rights. Change the terms, replace gun control with victim disarmanent.

The public believes the rhetoric one in three women will be raped in her lifetime. Certain STD's have no cure, it is a lifelong injury.

If one in three doesn't qualify as risk, what does?

Nicki

obeygiant
09-07-2009, 12:50 AM
If you are going to contact legislators regarding Sue Hutchens, may I suggest that instead of going directly to gun rights, that you go to equal rights instead when it comes to CCW permits.

For example:

Dear Politician,

Over the years you have shown that you have been a outstanding public servant:rolleyes:

The county sheriff must be someone who sets an example of being beyond reproach since if the sheriff is corrupt, it undermines legitimacy for respect of the law.

I am deeply concerned over the sheriff's CCW issance policies. Considering that most crimes happen in seconds, a 911 call with even a short response time of a few minutes still results in crime victims.

California has a CCW permit process system with background and training and the objective standards of the permits provide a reasonable balance between the individual right of self protection and public safety concerns.

40 states will issue permits to all who apply and pass background checks. The track record on "shall issue" states show that permit holders have not been a public safety hazard, if anything, they are a public safety benefit since crime rates are lower in right to carry states.

California has a "may issue" ccw system where a person has to show good cause. Originally the law was passed during the Jim Crow era with the intent of stripping minorities of gun rights so that other rights could be violated.

The sheriff takes a oath to uphold the Cal Constitution, including art 1 sec7b which says no citizen or class of citizens may be granted a privilege or immunity that is not granted on an equal basis to everyone else.

It does not provide an exception for CCW permits. The only exception to this is the voter approved ban on same sex marriage prop 8. Even though the Cal Supreme court upheld prop 8, it also upheld as valid same sex marriages that were performed prior to prop 8.

Equality under the law is a fundamental right which regrettably many sheriffs across the state selectively respect. Any person who does not support equality under the law is unfit for any public office.

Seems that only the "Political Elite" in many parts of the state are the only ones who have "Good Cause" to get a CCW permit. The CCW permit has become a "Defacto title of Noblity", something that our constitution specifically prohibits.

I respectfully request that you tell Sheriff Hutchens that if she doesn't change her policies on CCW and go to non discriminatory issuance policies that you withdraw your support for her.

Thank you.

Joe/Jan Voter.

More people care about equal rights than just CCW rights. Change the terms, replace gun control with victim disarmanent.

The public believes the rhetoric one in three women will be raped in her lifetime. Certain STD's have no cure, it is a lifelong injury.

If one in three doesn't qualify as risk, what does?

Nicki

Very well said.

ETA: letter sent.

forgiven
09-07-2009, 2:20 AM
Do these politicians even have ears?

SeanCasey
09-07-2009, 1:18 PM
Hmm interesting. Bob Huff is usually pro-2a.

Nicki, thanks for the letter, you just saved me a ton of work to come up with something to send.

scc1909
09-07-2009, 1:23 PM
... the incumbent sheriff protection law that we have now. The one that makes it illegal for mere citizens to run for public office.
Can you expound on this comment. I don't get the reference.

radioman
09-07-2009, 6:43 PM
No just smoking crack, from one end of this state to the other. no you don't need a gun, just call a cop they will keep you safe. Right

GuyW
09-07-2009, 6:59 PM
Can you expound on this comment. I don't get the reference.

One has to have a POST certificate to be Sheriff. One also has to be an attorney to be a Judge. This was not always so in CA, and is not so in other states....