PDA

View Full Version : Orange County CCW?

JGlanton
06-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Are there any Orange County CCW holders here, or someone who has advice to get through the process? I'm wondering if I should even try, and if so, how to word my justification on the form. Like most people, I really cannot say that I carry cash/jewelry or have specific threats. I can say that I sometimes carry very expensive electronics for business (e.g. $25K - $100K). Mainly I'd like to be able to carry for forays into bad neighborhoods that my interest brings me and my family members to.

Black_Talon
06-04-2005, 5:14 PM
There's a few on these forums and others such as TheHighRoad and Glocktalk. This is a topic that has been covered many times and should be pretty easy to dig up using the "search" function.

LongBch_SigP226
06-04-2005, 5:31 PM
You might be better off asking on http://www.packing.org

MadMex
06-04-2005, 7:33 PM
Take a look at this link:

http://www.equalccw.com/dennisgc.html

It offers a variety of possibilities. Personally, I would shy away from using your place of employment as good cause because:
1) at sheriff’s discretion, your permit may be valid only during working hours/on the job,
2) at sheriff’s discretion, your permit may be valid only while you are employed by your current employer,
3) sheriff may seek verification and approval by your employer.

I haven’t lived in OC for 25 years, and really don’t know how the sheriff views work related good cause statements. Just my 0.02 based on experience in CA and a few other states.

tcdrennen
06-04-2005, 10:03 PM
"Frequent shooter" works. Be able to document that you carry guns to a range or club 3 - 4 times per month (club membership, letter from range or from match operators) and you'll be gold.

Tara

06-24-2005, 12:15 PM
here's a question-I live in L.A. county, no chance of getting a ccw here, so how can I apply to a more ccw-friendly county? how do I work the residence issue? any ideas much appreciated

06-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by seansean:
here's a question-I live in L.A. county, no chance of getting a ccw here, so how can I apply to a more ccw-friendly county? how do I work the residence issue? any ideas much appreciated

I'd be curious too. To the best of my (limited) knowledge on the subject, you have to file in your county of residence.

rjones0604
06-24-2005, 1:23 PM
You might be able to justify a CCW by first obtaining a C&R FFL (Curio and Relic). It only costs $30.00 and is good for 3 years. Your justification letter would then state that you often travel throughout the state to gunshows, and during these travels you are carrying a large sum of money as well as valuable rifles.

And if it doesn't get you a CCW, you WILL enjoy purchasing Mausers, Mosin-Nagants, etc at wholesale and having them delivered directly to your door!

Rob

leo@csuhayward.edu
06-24-2005, 7:55 PM
you know...

i'll never understand that.

people who carry jewelry MIGHT BE able to get a CCW, but i guess my LIFE costs less....

http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

jnojr
06-24-2005, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by seansean:

Move. That's the only way.

Kern County is practically shall-issue.