PDA

View Full Version : C&R rifles

Jonathan Doe
09-05-2009, 4:58 PM
I have posted the "for sale" for 2 C&R rifles (Remington 1903 and 1917) in private firearms sale section. I didn't get much response for them. Is the C&R rifles not getting interests any more? Or, is everyone interested in "black" rifles only? Or, my price is too high? Just wondering.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=206501

Pthfndr
09-05-2009, 5:35 PM
You need more / detailed pics of the 1903 and 1917. The serial number range of the 03 would help. Low range number is not as desireable because of the brittle receiver steel issue.

Barrel maker and barrel date, pic of ordnance bomb as proof the barrel is the real deal. ME and TE wear numbers if possible. For both rifles.

How are all the small parts marked? i.e. Rem, Winchester, Eddystone etc.

The price of the 1917 is ok IF the rifle is in excellent condition, including the barrel bore, ME and TE.

On the 03 I think the scant stock hurts the value.

Just my $.02

locktime
09-05-2009, 5:40 PM
I think if you posted a separate ad for the C&R pair with more detailed descriptions and more photos you would see more action.

Particularly worth noting would be if the 1903 was regarded as a high or low number rifle.

There is plenty of interest in C&R rifles. There may be more action in the lower price points, however.

The 1917 seems like a particularly desirable rifle. I hadn't seen your ad. I was out of town when you originally posted, and once a for sale ad has had a certain amount of traffic, I don't pay much attention, because I figure the deals are gone.

Mssr. Eleganté
09-05-2009, 5:41 PM
Just to let you know, that sweet Winchester Model 70 is also a C&R long gun that is over 50 years old. It too can be sold in California without going through an FFL.

You might want to change the subject line of the thread to better feature the M1903 and M1917. People might be missing it. Threads scroll off of the first page in the Firearms for Sale forum for most people in about an hour now. Good stuff is easy to miss unless the thread title jumps out at you.

ledman
09-05-2009, 6:56 PM
I think your prices are right on...but some more details would help allot, that makes people be able to come to an educated decision so they can say "I'll take it" Those are both some nice BA rifles. I do not see whay they would not sell, sometimes it takes a week or 2 for that right person to see the ad.

Bigballaizm
09-05-2009, 7:48 PM
I agree with the posts here. More detail & pics will give you better advertisement, maybe a separate C&R thread. Sweet Remys btw!! Good luck.