PDA

View Full Version : delete

biker777
09-05-2009, 11:52 AM
deleted

Josh3239
09-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Here is a helpful website for California 03 FFLs: https://www.empirearms.com/cal-ffl.htm. The C&R really shines for going to out-of-state gun shows and the discounts at certain online stores.

Just request the paperwork from the ATF (can take a long time), fill in it, drop in a check for $20 or something, and mail it out. I got my C&R in about 2 weeks, waited months for the application though. You are required to send a copy of the application to your CLEO though he has no say in the matter. To be honest, I am a fan of Garands and Carbines but the only reason I got my C&R is for the dealer discounts. I get some nice discounts at Spyder Firearms (.510 DTC rifles), Midway USA and Spike's Tactical. There are others but these are the only places I really shop at, though my C&R is on file at Brownells and AIM Surplus.

cryoguy
09-14-2009, 2:13 PM
does 03FFLs still have to DROS a C&R gun from out of state and interstate buys from dealers?

ke6guj
09-14-2009, 2:21 PM
an 03FFL can purchase any C&R firearm while physically out-of-state. He can bring back any CA-legal C&R firearms. Any C&R handguns must registered with CADOJ by sending in a specific form (and $19 per handgun).

He can mail/internet order any CA-legal C&R long gun that is over 50-years old and have it shipped directly to his home. No instate dealer needed, no DROS.

Double_D
09-21-2009, 4:23 PM
If I were to get a C&R FFL, would ATF agents make routine visits to my home to check it out?

ke6guj
09-21-2009, 4:49 PM
many/most C&R FFL'ers never have an ATF inspection, but IIRC, by law, they are able to schedule one inspection per year, and you can have the inspection performed at the ATF office, instead of your home.

himurax13
10-07-2009, 10:54 AM
How does a transfer work if you wanted to buy a C & R long gun from another private party in California?

Mssr. Eleganté
10-07-2009, 11:23 AM
How does a transfer work if you wanted to buy a C & R long gun from another private party in California?

There are about 9 different variations on this kind of transfer, depending on the age of the C&R long gun, the licensed status of the buyer or seller, and the State of residence of the buyer or seller. Each one has slightly different requirements. We would need more specifics on the particular transaction to tell you how it would work.

Here's one example...

If neither private party has a C&R FFL and the C&R long gun is at least 50 years old and both parties are California residents then the seller just needs to make sure the buyer is at least 18 and is a California resident. The seller also can't have reason to believe that the buyer is a prohibited person. Nothing else is required.

himurax13
10-07-2009, 11:41 AM
How about this scenario. Bothe the buyer and seller are 21+ years old and are both residents of California. Only the buyer has an 03 C&R FFL license. The buyer picks up the 50+ year old long gun from the seller.

ke6guj
10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
ok, in that situation, the seller would need to provide to the buyer his full name, address, and CA ID/DL# for the buyer to enter into his bound book. This is required under federal law because the buyer is an 03.

Cash-and-carry after that.

Mssr. Eleganté
10-07-2009, 11:49 AM
ok, in that situation, the seller would need to provide to the buyer his full name, address, and CA ID/DL# for the buyer to enter into his bound book. This is required under federal law because the buyer is an 03.

Cash-and-carry after that.

One small correction...In this situation the seller would only need to provide the buyer with his name and address. The ID# only comes into play if an 03 FFL is disposing of a C&R firearm to an unlicensed individual.

ke6guj
10-07-2009, 11:57 AM
thanks for the correction.

kemasa
10-07-2009, 1:39 PM
While this is mentioned in a link, I think it should also be directly mentioned:

It is also important to mention that if the C&R FFL has a CA DOJ COE, then they are exempt from the waiting period for C&R handguns or longguns (which they could get directly). In addition, they are exempt from the one gun per month for any handguns.

zinfull
10-07-2009, 3:46 PM
Also if AB962 is not vetoed he is exempt from the mail order restriction on ammo.

jerry

himurax13
10-07-2009, 4:34 PM
Also if AB962 is not vetoed he is exempt from the mail order restriction on ammo.

jerry

Really, any ammo? Also if I do not want to waste money on the COE and I purchased say about 3 C&R handguns from out of state, will I be subject to the one gun per 30 day nonsense?

Mssr. Eleganté
10-07-2009, 5:30 PM
...Also if I do not want to waste money on the COE and I purchased say about 3 C&R handguns from out of state, will I be subject to the one gun per 30 day nonsense?

If you purchase them while you are physically outside of California and then transport them back to California then you are not subject to the 1 handgun in 30 day nonsense. You only need a C&R FFL for this, not a COE. You just need to report the handguns to CalDOJ within five days of returning to California with them. The C&R handgun report form can be downloaded off of CalDOJ's web site. There is a $19 fee per handgun.

If you order 3 C&R handguns from out of state and have them shipped to a local California dealer for the transfer then you will still be subject to the 1 in 30 days nonsense unless you have both the C&R FFL and the COE.