View Full Version : gun show

09-05-2009, 9:51 AM
well fairfield is holding it's very first gun show today...SCRATCH THAT... first gun buy back. 10 am - 3 pm. held at a church on union ave. think i'll go down, take a few pictures, make some offers etc. WILL THIS INSANITY EVER CEASE.

09-05-2009, 1:57 PM
well fairfield is holding it's very first gun show today...SCRATCH THAT... first gun buy back. 10 am - 3 pm. held at a church on union ave. think i'll go down, take a few pictures, make some offers etc. WILL THIS INSANITY EVER CEASE.

not in CA

09-05-2009, 6:39 PM
went to the buy back about 11:30 am. was asked by local LEO where i was going. told him just watchin an listening. told to stay back from the bushes, apparently the border. talked to a vallejo LEO for about 1/2 hr. and saw 2 cars come thru for a drop off. started to leave and noticed a KCRA news van park and walk thru the bushes towards the drop off point. started to follow but was asked again where i was going. told him i'd like to go behind the line to listen to what the press was saying. told me i couldn't go there. man said 1st amendment says the press can go back there to report. told him i'm a blogger. laughter. freedom of association? laughter. OK BOSS have a good one and left. lesson...voice activated recorder.. don"t leave home without it.

09-05-2009, 6:45 PM
If dropping off a gun is the price of entry for some intel, anyone have an unused old broken POS laying around we can have for the next one? :43:

09-06-2009, 12:35 AM
what intel do u want? they were collecting guns...Nothing more... if they were to let you in the "scene" then they will have to let everyone else in as well... I am SURE everyone can recognize the security implications of something like that when guns are freely laying around...y did you want a voice recorder?

09-06-2009, 12:50 AM
I was planning on going and parking in the park next to the church that is not on their property with a sign reading "free gun appraisals" of the like.

But this damn cold knocked me on my butt.

After reading somewhere else that my favorite Lt. was there I am really disappointed that I missed it.

I am drafting a letter right now to inquire about purchasing the guns collected.

09-06-2009, 4:16 AM
I always wanted too try to turn in one of those bb-guns that looks like a 45. No questions asked, right?

09-06-2009, 6:55 AM
I missed this???:banghead: Their not doing it today too?

09-06-2009, 7:18 AM
cr250chevy....what would be wrong with "everyone" being at the scene? who is everyone? reg citizens who would like to know whats going on in their city?guns laying around? were you at the "scene" to see all these guns "laying around"there were no guns "laying" around. y would i want a recorder? to capture comments, or answers to my questions about the process of collecting these guns and their thoughts on the impact on street crime the buy back program might have.
fairfield paper headline "buyback nets nearly 100 guns". story states "shortly after 11am another 20 - 30 guns had been collected". thats about the time i got there. i was standing where i could see the cars arriving, and saw 2 cars in about 40 min go thru the line.

09-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I was at the "scene" (for a lack of better terms ;)) and saw first hand why they did not want just anyone/everyone walking through the area... You yourself said that they would not allow you in so how did you *see* that guns were not laying around? :confused:
another thing, the cops working this event are not necessarily anti-gun, they were just given the task from THOSE WITH POLITICAL AGENDAS to do a job.- so I would stray away from pushing responsibility on them for the event...
You bring up a good question on it's impact on street crime, I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that criminals are the ones using guns in illegal ways, and many of them own guns illegally. So, why on Earth would they hop on their noble high horse to travel down the path of resurrection and turn in the guns that they own?- What I am trying to say is these gun buy back programs have their place for the little old lady across the street to get rid of her deceased husbands old bolt action rifle that does not even fire anymore, but outside of that these events are useless in their intentions...
Just out of curiosity what did the Vallejo LEO look like?

09-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Cr250, if you search on the subject I've written on a project related to these buybacks. Other aspects of these are intriguing from an activism perspective. I can't tell what you were getting at in your first response as the tone of posts is often lost or misinterpreted.

09-06-2009, 1:56 PM
i was standing at the east end of the roped off press parking area behind the bushes that i was told i could not go beyond. there was a walk thru path where i was standing. this spot gave me a trunk view of the cars dropping off ther guns. that is the area i was referring to. there were 5 or six leos (plural for leo ?) standing in the area near the walk thru. the one from vallejo, not sure if he was a reg leo,stood maybe 5'10" , 180 - 190#, 55-60yrs. definately from our conversation, pro-2nd. very nice fella. i am well aware of the fact that many, probably a very large %, of leos are 2nd supporters, and i also know a little about the politics of their profession. by the way, ff daily republic story stated all leos at buyback were "volunteers". about the lil-ol-lady that who may have been turning in her late husbands old bolt action rifle that you(250chevy) used as an example. i would hate to think that the city would give said lady only $50 for maybe an old mdl70, old colt ssa, maybe a singer 1911, any of wich might be worth thousands to tens of thousands. buy the way, i can certainly understand the passion of the program promoters, given the brutal murder of the youngest person ever elected to the ff city council.